Jump to content
j_cuevas713

Warehouse purchased in Eado near coffee plant

Recommended Posts

I'm glad that a building like that could be saved and reused. I hope they keep or replace the window frames and the awnings with similar looking ones.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I drive past here everyday for work. The main brick entrance by the tracks is gorgeous. Pretty sure it’s in the Art Deco Houston book.

 

I’m not sure what they’re going to turn it into, but a big industrial roller disco lounge is what I’m crossing my fingers for. I thought the fenced off lots to the southeast would be more town house farms but it will be permanent parking for this property.

 

if it will be a bar, it could be the nail in the coffin for D&W. Which would be a crime.

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I drive by here all the time. Always workers but seems like not a lot of work is being done strangely enough. Curious to see what this becomes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/23/2019 at 8:30 PM, Montrose1100 said:

if it will be a bar, it could be the nail in the coffin for D&W. Which would be a crime.

 

With D&W, Harrisburg Country Club, and Voodoo Queen in the area, I think the dive bars will stand out for some people as better options than the newer spots.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Windows look great. I have even been seeing some development inside of the building. Once I even saw a few exotic cars in there maybe the developers? Either way looks to be another great addition excited to see this come to fruition.

Edited by 2ndwardOG
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/11/2019 at 3:19 PM, 2ndwardOG said:

Once I even saw a few exotic cars in there maybe the developers?

 

Probably just people taking pics of their cars. I drive past that superfund site off Jensen with the incredible view of DT and there are often folks taking car pics there. East End is full of spots for car pics, so, I wouldn't be shocked if someone is using this site for it too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wish Kaldis would really invest in their landscaping... I worked with them before and it didn't seem like a priority...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/16/2020 at 5:31 PM, Avossos said:

I wish Kaldis would really invest in their landscaping... I worked with them before and it didn't seem like a priority...

Milby is a pot hole war zone and the tracks & crossing are missing from this glittering rendering. Although it would be nice if Milby were to become a wild flower haven and well manicured street. Would make the walks to Voodoo Queen more attractive.

 

Some of the windows on warehouse portion facing the tracks have missing windows. I think I might peep inside and see what the work looks like internally. It's a very interesting space but I can't imagine what would go here? Some kind of upscale furniture store with a show room and warehouse? Indoor farmers market? Tout Suite and other random businesses getting displaced by the 45/59 realignment? A beer hall/bar/restaurant would be super sweet. It's just hard to picture.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There isn't much inside the building last time I looked - there appeared to be a temporary office set up, but other than that, just open space

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Montrose1100 said:

Milby is a pot hole war zone and the tracks & crossing are missing from this glittering rendering. Although it would be nice if Milby were to become a wild flower haven and well manicured street. Would make the walks to Voodoo Queen more attractive.

 

Some of the windows on warehouse portion facing the tracks have missing windows. I think I might peep inside and see what the work looks like internally. It's a very interesting space but I can't imagine what would go here? Some kind of upscale furniture store with a show room and warehouse? Indoor farmers market? Tout Suite and other random businesses getting displaced by the 45/59 realignment? A beer hall/bar/restaurant would be super sweet. It's just hard to picture.

 

I have a feeling it'll be another co-working space. So many in the area with these large buildings in random locations.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Montrose1100 said:

It's a very interesting space but I can't imagine what would go here? Some kind of upscale furniture store with a show room and warehouse? Indoor farmers market? Tout Suite and other random businesses getting displaced by the 45/59 realignment? A beer hall/bar/restaurant would be super sweet. It's just hard to picture.

 

After visiting Fabrica la Aurora in San Miguel de Allende, I was thinking this would be a really cool spot for artist studios and a high end gallery. However, based on the description on their website, it will be yet another co-working space:

Quote

Our Latest Project: reviving the original Cameron Iron Works building in EaDo. This 60,000-square-foot art deco-style building at 711 N. Milby will be home to local creatives and professionals. Ironworks plans to make is debut in the of Fall 2019.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@phillip_white, I read that on their website, but the main page (www.kaldis.com) also says "pre-leasing for 2020", so I'm holding out hope that's wording to make it sound more alluring and not confirmation that is in fact a coworking space.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I dislike At&t, had to beg them to put regular internet in my house 3 block away. Anyways, excited for a new eatery close by.

 

Anyone know what's up with the viking fenced lots to the south and across Walker? I would wager Townhouses. Also does anyone know if the Fallout Trailer next to D&W is apart of D&Ws?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had to find out which properties had ATT fiber in my neighborhood, and basically do all the research to schedule a technician to come out and run fiber to my property. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ahawk said:

I had to find out which properties had ATT fiber in my neighborhood, and basically do all the research to schedule a technician to come out and run fiber to my property. 

 

How did you find all the properties?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, BeerNut said:

 

How did you find all the properties?  

If you search for ATT fiber you can check to see if the fiber is run to your property or not. If it isn't, what I did was check local business addresses. I found one across the street from where I live, so I placed a ticket and in the ticket I told them the business across from me already had fiber. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...