Village Towers: Mixed-Use Development At 970 Bunker Hill Rd.

A new retail tenant for Village Tower or Village Tower Plaza at 9655 Katy Fwy  ( 9655 Katy Freeway ) in the Memorial area of Houston: Treebeards. I think this is the first west Houston location for the restaurant / cafeteria.

I don't know if this will be in Village Tower I or Village Tower II.

Village Tower (or Village Tower Plaza ) is the new mixed use development from Moody National Cos. It's under construction in Hedwig Village.

Edited by CrockpotandGravel
  • Like 4

Masraffs also moving here. HBJ says May 2020.

Original plan was to tear down apartments and build one big mixed used development (River Oaks District lite). New owner realized the old apartments are very profitable so decided to keep and fix them up. No Phase 2 planned as of now.

• Like 5

15 hours ago, dochawg said:

Masraffs also moving here. HBJ says May 2020.

Original plan was to tear down apartments and build one big mixed used development (River Oaks District lite). New owner realized the old apartments are very
profitable so decided to keep and fix them up. No Phase 2 planned as of now.

Thanks!  

More on Masraff's move to Village Tower (or Village Tower Plaza ), the new mixed use development from Moody National Cos. It's under construction  at 9655 Katy Fwy  ( 9655 Katy Freeway ) in Hedwig Village.

From the Houston Business Journal article (behind a paywall):

Masraff’s is moving from the Galleria area to the Memorial City area.

The iconic restaurant, which has lived at 1753 Post Oak Blvd. for almost 10 years, will move to the southeast corner of Bunker Hill and Interstate 10. The new location will be in a mixed-use development that Houston-based Moody National Cos. is building on the site of a former Toys R Us store. The new Masraff's is projected to open within the first two weeks of May 2020.

Owner Russell Masraff decided to move his restaurant for several reasons: The timing was right, as Masraff's lease will end April 30, 2020; construction along Post Oak Boulevard has been slowing customer traffic; and the uptick of restaurants in the Galleria area made competition fierce. Masraff believes that the area around his new location lacks high-end restaurants, and those that exist are primarily steakhouses.

“What’s best for us?” Masraff had asked himself when deciding where to move. “What’s going to give us the visibility, the accessibility, all the things that we are looking for? It came down to (the fact that) this property had everything we are looking for, including what I would say is a great landlord.”

Masraff’s will downsize in the move, going from 7,200 square feet and 180 seats in its current location to 5,700 square feet and 150 seats in the new location. 

The new space will be built by Matrix Contractors, which built out New Orleans-based BRG Hospitality’s Eunice, a Cajun-Creole brasserie in the Upper Kirby area. Kristen Perrin, who designed BPD, a Memorial-area bar that the Masraffs also own, will design the new Masraff’s. 

“I don’t want the same thing we have here,” Masraff said. “I want the new Masraff’s. I want a level of energy — not noise — I want energy. I want excitement. I want people to say, 'Wow,' when they walk in.”

A seafood display, maybe with sushi, will feature prominently in the front of the restaurant, Masraff said. A major feature will be a 15-foot-tall wine room in the back of the space; Masraff calls it a statement piece. 

The main dining room will have about 15 tables, but the new location also will include private rooms. One of the private rooms has windows and can hold 16 to 20 people; another can hold a total of 70 to 75 people or be divided into two rooms. 

An expansive patio will round out the space, with two sections on the north and south sides. 

More: https://www.bizjournals.com/houston/news/2019/10/29/exclusive-galleria-area-restaurant-mainstay-to.html

Edited by CrockpotandGravel
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • The title was changed to Mixed-Use Development by Moody National at 9655 Katy Fwy
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...