Village Towers: Mixed-Use Development At 970 Bunker Hill Rd.

http://www.chron.com/business/real-estate/article/Moody-National-buys-prime-Memorial-tract-for-7506279.php

Moody National Cos. has purchased a vintage apartment complex on a prime site in the Memorial area for a future development.

The Houston-based company has purchased Le Renaissance apartments on 4.5 acres at 970 Bunker Hill Road, just south of Interstate 10, according to commercial real estate firm Transwestern. The company will operate the 164-unit complex in the short-term, but eventually plans a mixed-use development with office and retail space on the site.

• Like 5

11 hours ago, Fortune said:

I'm surprised Metronational didn't purchase this property to expand their mixed use development across Bunker Hill. I think ther they already own the long vacant Toys-R-Us property next door.

I was thinking that Moody had secured this property... 

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

• 3 months later...
3 minutes ago, Urbannizer said:

Found it, merged

Thank you, you're a wizard Urb!

It looks like this site (Toys R Us) is adjacent to their original plan where the apartments are currently located. Possibly a phase I with phase II to follow at the original location? 

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
1 hour ago, Avossos said:

You sure? I thought i saw them renovating the old apartments and painting / freshening up the exterior....

Renovating? The demolished the whole strip center/old toys R us. They are demoing an old motel one lot over as well so something else might come up near it later. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Avossos said:

You sure? I thought i saw them renovating the old apartments and painting / freshening up the exterior....

This is where the old toys R Us was right? They had renderings of this on the fence around it when they were demoing it and if you take the on ramp to I-10 from Bunker Hill headed East you can see they’re doing some pretty heavy foundation work.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
On 6/4/2019 at 7:09 PM, BigFootsSocks said:

This is where the old toys R Us was right? They had renderings of this on the fence around it when they were demoing it and if you take the on ramp to I-10 from Bunker Hill headed East you can see they’re doing some pretty heavy foundation work.

This is corroborated with the site plan which nobody has done yet.

m4QwLV1.jpg

The site with the apartments must be a future phase.

• Like 7

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...