Vertigo58

On 1/16/2019 at 9:28 AM, Subdude said:

Can't read it due to the paywall.  Any additional information?  What is the location?

Highlights:

Variance requests for a 13.6-acre mixed-use development.

Just south of Buffalo Bayou, between West Dallas and Allen Parkway, near the small Autry Park and South Shepherd Drive.

Plans show a hotel, residential component, office building with two floors of coworking space, retail space, activity lawn and plaza.

Variances requested include extending Marston Street and adding another street, Buffalo Rising, to extend from West Dallas to Allen Parkway. Site plan shows two additional proposed roads, Autry Park Drive and Buffalo Park Drive.

Also requesting zero ft setback building line.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, jmitch94 said:

I wonder if they will try to acquire the empty plot directly to the east of the site or is that land apart of the failed Regent Square development?

Yes, that lot is part of what was to be Regent Square. There seems to be no public information on it's status at the moment. 

• Like 1

Looking through Design Collective's Portfolio (Firm is based in Baltimore, MD), I would say we shouldn't expect anything super amazing or anything that pushes the envelope, but something which is solid/competent. They seem to flow with the current contemporary keynotes in architecture well. Will definitely be incredible infill regardless.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Luminare said:

Looking through Design Collective's Portfolio (Firm is based in Baltimore, MD), I would say we shouldn't expect anything super amazing or anything that pushes the envelope, but something which is solid/competent. They seem to flow with the current contemporary keynotes in architecture well. Will definitely be incredible infill regardless.

I’ve actually been in their building, Inmar HQ, in Winston-Salem, and it is one of the nicest developments I have seen. Very well done. 

It is no Zaha Hadid, but that would look out of place here. 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

There is a meeting of the North Montrose Civic Association at the West Gray multi services center at 7:00 pm April 3rd. Hanover will be presenting information on the Buffalo Bayou project. I’ll probably attend and update this thread with any news.

• Like 9

24 minutes ago, CaptainJilliams said:

Awesome stuff. Is it weird that the thing that excites me almost as much as the actual development is the infrastructure improvements? It makes me so happy to see developments like this bring new sidewalks and hide ugly power lines. Thank you for the info @jgriff!

I walk the sidewalks in this area quite a bit and cross at Shepherd and Allen Parkway to get to the park. It’s very dangerous. I almost got hit by a red light runner once. I’m very happy to be getting the improvements. The presenter said he plays crossing guard there with his daughters. 

• Like 5

4 hours ago, jgriff said:

Notes from North Montrose Civic Association meeting.

• Working with GID on synergies, GID says starting on apartments later this year,  he chuckled on that one!

Now thats how you kick down the door and stick it where it hurts. Light a freakin fire under GID's A$$!

I wish I was a fly on that wall for that moment.

"Oh...well...we are doing apartments too you know. Yeah we will be starting later this year," says GID nervously in response to Hanover. 

Hanover snickers

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, H-Town Man said:

Actual footage from the meeting:

High quality response sir.

Quick someone turn this into a gif and overlay the names involved. Will be permanently know as the GID fails meme.

• Like 5

On 4/4/2019 at 1:01 AM, Luminare said:

"Oh...well...we are doing apartments too you know. Yeah we will be starting later this year," says GID nervously in response to Hanover. 

Had to Google 'GID'. Turns out that it's either a real estate investment company or (according to Merriam-Webster) "a disease especially of sheep caused by the larva of a tapeworm (Multiceps multiceps) in the brain"
Either seems plausible.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

On 1/28/2019 at 11:51 AM, Naviguessor said:

Hanover West Dallas.jpg

The GFR of C and B are of most interest to me. There is zero retail/restaurant along the bayou. Can't think of anywhere along the bayou I could easily stop for food or even buy a beverage. 

• Like 9

On 4/6/2019 at 7:12 PM, Visitor said:

The GFR of C and B are of most interest to me. There is zero retail/restaurant along the bayou. Can't think of anywhere along the bayou I could easily stop for food or even buy a beverage. 

All the retail appears to front the internal, pedestrian-oriented streets of the development rather than Allen Parkway.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

On 4/6/2019 at 5:12 PM, Visitor said:

There's nothing quite like finding ones self at Buffalo Bayou Park on a sweltering summer day, realizing that dehydration is rapidly setting in, and that sinking feeling of knowing that it's at least a half mile walk to find a beverage.
COH should not only allow food trucks along Allen Parkway and Memorial, it should encourage them. Perhaps any revenue generated could be used to add drinking fountains along the jogging path.

• Like 5