Vertigo58

Hanover Buffalo Bayou: Mixed-Use @ 3540 W. Dallas

On 11/12/2019 at 2:20 PM, bobruss said:

10. Miinute Maids Mix use 

Is there another name for this? I can't find it.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, jsabo said:

Is there another name for this? I can't find it.

At one time it was referred as Hanover Buffalo Bayou.

From the Houston Chronicle....

Houston-based apartment developer Hanover Co. and Ziegler Cooper Architects are noted on drawings filed in a package submitted to the city requesting variances relating to intersection spacing and building lines. The plan was filed under the name "Buffalo Bayou Park."

From Emporis....

https://www.emporis.com/buildings/1425183/hanover-buffalo-bayou-houston-tx-usa

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, hindesky said:

At one time it was referred as Hanover Buffalo Bayou.

From the Houston Chronicle....

Houston-based apartment developer Hanover Co. and Ziegler Cooper Architects are noted on drawings filed in a package submitted to the city requesting variances relating to intersection spacing and building lines. The plan was filed under the name "Buffalo Bayou Park."

From Emporis....

https://www.emporis.com/buildings/1425183/hanover-buffalo-bayou-houston-tx-usa

Why was this ever called Minute Maid?  Pretty far from that area...

• Like 1

@bobruss was referring to all the possible projects going up, supposedly there is a project across the street from Minute Maid that rumor has Jim Crane owns and the current building there is being torn down for future development.

• Like 2

https://www.bizjournals.com/houston/news/2020/01/15/houston-nonprofit-breaks-ground-on-new-east-end.html

Hanover has closed on the first parcel of what will be a two-parcel sale. The company is scheduled to close on the second one in late 2020. Hanover plans to build a mixed-use development with residential and commercial structures on the site.

Until the second Hanover transaction closes, The Center for Pursuit will continue part of its residential program at the current location off Allen Parkway.

• Like 8

I would imagine that they will go full speed ahead and boots on the ground from now on. Thats how Hanover rolls.

They don't sit on anything. They are aggressive and thats what I like about them.

• Like 4

New area of the project is being worked on.  This has a smaller footprint.

OLmjplM.jpg

zpmAnzI.jpg

fKI968j.jpg

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, jgriff said:

Did you see crane sections or was that my imagination?

I saw them.  I know a few of the sections were previously brought to the site. Maybe more was brought in?

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, jgriff said:

Did you see crane sections or was that my imagination?

Many sections of the tower crane have been on site for a while. The pieces I saw a while back weren't enough to build a proper tower crane, maybe you saw more parts of the crane needed for the eventual build. Will check it out Sunday if weather conditions allow.

• Like 1

@ekdrm2d1 So are we saying that the plot from this photo you posted:

6tyWiSs.jpg

which is this property (with the black square):

QvZMrgu.jpg

is one of Hanover's property holdings? Because according to there master plan, it isn't:

Dn2GdYc.jpg

but maybe it is now? @Urbannizer any updates if we know this small property is part of Hanover Square? Or @hindesky have you spoken with anyone on the ground if it is a part of it? Or anyone else that might know? As of right now I don't have that property plotted on my map as being part of this development, but maybe it should.

• Like 3

On 1/30/2020 at 11:47 AM, CREguy13 said:

Crane is now up.

I think you mean the tower crane at The Regent Square. The crane is still on the ground here. Lots of heavy equipment doing civil ground work.

4fhFRCG.jpg

• Like 7

1 minute ago, hindesky said:

I think you mean the tower crane at The Regent Square. The crane is still on the ground here. Lots of heavy equipment doing civil ground work.

4fhFRCG.jpg

Regent Square does have one up now, but the crane in that image is for Alta River Oaks.

Would any of the talented architects (or anyone) on this board be able to superimpose this site plan with the GID plan and project to the west of this? Would love to see how these little streets and green spaces line up! Thank you!!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Luminare said:

I posted this on the Regent Square thread i think? Maybe sometime last summer, but I'll post it again here.

XlfMFQq.jpg

You are the BEST!! Thank you!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, shasta said:

Do we have a rendering for the buildings in this project?

Added to first post.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

dam_asset_image-29868920190604-9730-wara

^^^ "THE STREETS OF BUFFALO BAYOU PARK"...... seriously???

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Quite a long name. Are they hoping people will call it "The Streets"?

I will call it The Streets of Buffalo Bayou Park Near the Corner of Allen Parkway and Shepard, Next to That Other Similar Development That Has a Different Name.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

from the website it seemed as if the "streets" moniker referred solely to this particular retail component, no?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, swtsig said:

from the website it seemed as if the "streets" moniker referred solely to this particular retail component, no?

that’s what makes sense to me

• Like 2

I like the name. Design is a little iffy. Looks like stuff built around the Galleria along Westheimer in the 70's.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, kbates2 said:

I like the girl standing inside of the bar stool.

The ornamental door on the outside of the glass is also very nice. And I assume it's a children's sitting area in the center interior, that furniture couldn't fit my hips, and barely make up to my shins.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Purdueenginerd said:

They just play U2's "Where the streets have No Name" on a loop the entire time youre there. 

but the streets DO have a name

• Like 1

Went ahead and change the title back to Hanover Buffalo Bayou until we hear something more concrete regarding the name.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1