Vertigo58

The Houston Chronicle mentioned Autry Park and other new mixed-uses a few days ago. Buried in the article is a new restaurant opening in the Autry Park mixed-use development named Auden.

Auden is from new hospitality group Nitecap Hospitality. Their Instagram doesn't have much to offer in details, but going off the food photos on the owners' Instas alone, this may be promising.

http://instagram.com/audenhtx

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/business/retail/article/Houston-retail-districts-nature-COVID-16531270.php

Edited by IntheKnowHouston
  • Like 4

Another food and beverage related tenant for the Autry Park mixed-use is Lick.

Lick Honest Ice Creams is an Austin-based ice cream shop. This will be one of a few branches opening in Houston. Another is coming to Midway's East River development in the Fifth Ward area.

Last month, an entity for Lick Autry Park LLC was established.

• Like 5

On 10/16/2021 at 8:51 PM, IntheKnowHouston said:

I have not read the other 10 pages in this thread, so I don't know if this was shared. If not, I think the restaurants listed are Benjamin Berg of Berg Hospitality. Earlier this year, CultureMap and possibly other publications reported Berg is leasing space for several concepts for the Autry Park mixed-use. The names of the restaurants weren't disclosed.

One of the restaurants is named Annabelle's and the other Benjamin's Cut. I think the latter may be similar to Underbelly Hospitality's Georgia James Tavern.

Turner's Cut may be the name of one of Berg Hospitality Group's new restaurants at Autry Park. It could be the new working name replacing Benjamin's Cut.

A domain was purchased this summer for Turner's Cut linking to Berg Hospitality.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, CREguy13 said:

Yes, but completely different than typical store and the Highland Village location I don't believe is going anywhere.  To get a better perspective of the type of development, look at the RH Dallas that opened earlier this year:

https://rh.com/dallas/restaurant

I think they have only 1 or 2 markets with more than 1 RH store so this would be extreamly rare. Sometimes they do a small RH Modern store but this looks like a full size store.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CREguy13 said:

Yes, but completely different than typical store and the Highland Village location I don't believe is going anywhere.  To get a better perspective of the type of development, look at the RH Dallas that opened earlier this year:

https://rh.com/dallas/restaurant

Not sure what you mean...  How is it completely different than [their] typical store?

The description, including the size, in that permit sounds exactly ike an RH..., especially with the name "RH"  😉

31 minutes ago, iah77 said:

I think they have only 1 or 2 markets with more than 1 RH store so this would be extreamly rare. Sometimes they do a small RH Modern store but this looks like a full size store.

This being a second location is very unlikely.  Way too close to Highland Village. (If they ever do a second location in the Houston metro, it would probably be in The Woodlands).  Maybe they'll convert the current location to an RH Modern

Edited by Houston19514

5 minutes ago, Houston19514 said:

Not sure what you mean...  How is it completely different than [their] typical store?

The description in that permit sure sounds like an RH..., especially with the name "RH"  😉

This being a second location is very unlikely.  Way too close to Highland Village. (If they ever do a second location in the Houston metro, it would probably be in The Woodlands).  Maybe they'll convert the current location to an RH Modern

I agree, this most likely means Highland will be closing in my opinion. 

13 minutes ago, iah77 said:

I agree, this most likely means Highland will be closing in my opinion. 

Or  . . .   becoming an RH Modern (since the very reliable CREGuy has told us he thinks RH is not leaving Highland Village, it seems conversion to another of RH's concepts might be the most likely scenario.)

FWIW, we had either the first or second of the large gallery stores they have later built in many locations, so it seems reasonable to think we might get one of the earliest locations of the RH Modern stores.

Edited by Houston19514
  • Like 1

The RH restaurant/ rooftops are really famous around the country. They're in almost every major city (New York, Chicago, Miami, SF, Toronto). There's even these restaurant/rooftops in Dallas, Nashville, Charlotte, and Ohio. So, I wouldn't be surprised if they wanted to expand this concept to Houston. I expected this sooner than later given how busy our RH is. 

I can't wait until we find out RH stands for Residence Inn Hotel 😂

Updated: Michael Avellone who is the tenant on the TDLR is the Director of Architecture & Design at Restoration Hardware. https://www.linkedin.com/in/michael-avellone-980b2755 

Looks like we're getting the rooftop/restaurant for sure!

Edited by Amlaham
Grammar
  • Like 7

Sorry for the double post, but this is really really exciting given how popular these spots are for tourists. A lot of tourists go out of their way just to experience these restaurants/rooftops. I guarantee this will be one of the busiest locations! Some pictures for perspective!

IMG_20190926_193935.jpeg

RH+Nashville+(3).jpg

• Like 7

Another interesting piece of information from that permit that seems to double-triple confirm that this is indeed a new RH gallery/restaurant:

The "Tenant Name" given is Michael Avellone.  Who is Michael Avellone, you ask?   

Director, Architecture and Design Galleries at RH.

Edited by Houston19514
  • Like 6

Ah, RH. I remember years back, they sent me, my mom, my sister, and only one of my brothers (??? But not my others) EACH a massive stack of their catalogs. They were shrinkwrapped and everything- it was literally like 5 or 10 pounds of catalogs for each of us, delivered by UPS. Those suckers were HEFTY.

Weird thing was, I was still a teenager living at home, none of my family shopped at RH ever, and as far as I knew, nobody had requested a catalog from them. It is still one of the greatest mysteries of my life. I got a stack of them again the next year, but then, inexplicably, I never received them again. 

Those rooftop restaurants look super cool though.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Berg Hospitality to open two new concepts at Autry Park

The same week that Berg Hospitality Group is opening a new restaurant in the Heights comes word that the prolific restaurateur Benjamin Berg will open two new concepts at Autry Park in Spring 2022.

Houston-based Hanover Company, in partnership with Lionstone Investments, announced Tuesday that Berg restaurants will be part of its 14-acre mixed-use development along the western edge of Buffalo Bayou Park.

The new Berg concepts will be Annabelle’s, an American brasserie serving breakfast, lunch and dinner, and Turner’s Cut, a luxury steakhouse. The Berg group’s Houston portfolio includes B&B Butchers & Restaurant, B.B. Lemon, The Annie Café & Bar, Turner’s, NoPo Café, and Trattoria Sofia, opening Friday in the Heights

https://preview.houstonchronicle.com/dining/new-berg-restaurants-coming-to-autry-park-and-16625148

• Like 8

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/9/2021 at 2:54 PM, hindesky said:

Eater Houston says Restoration Hardware may be opening at Hanover Autry Park, probably saw my post.

https://houston.eater.com/2021/12/8/22824204/rh-restaurant-houston-coming-soon-permit-restoration-hardware

Do we have a running list of how many stories, or construction news we break on here that others haunt the forums to scope up?

• Like 4

On 12/9/2021 at 3:54 PM, hindesky said:

Eater Houston says Restoration Hardware may be opening at Hanover Autry Park, probably saw my post.

https://houston.eater.com/2021/12/8/22824204/rh-restaurant-houston-coming-soon-permit-restoration-hardware

14 hours ago, Luminare said:

Do we have a running list of how many stories, or construction news we break on here that others haunt the forums to scope up?

I emailed Eater Houston about RH Hospitality's RH Rooftop Restaurant planned for Autry Park. I sent it to them the day the filing was uploaded to the Texas Department of Licensing & Registration's database.

Like a lot of tips I send their way, they sat on the news for whatever reason and chose to report about it a month later. I alerted other publications about it as well, just as I send them the same information I post here so I'm not showing favoritism (including a lot of tips I don't post on this forum).

I didn't expect for Houston Chronicle or CultureMap to report on this because their main food writers usually wait for a press release or confirmation from the business owners or the developers/landlords. However, rumors and filings like this are the kind of news that all Eater sites cover. But Eater Houston has fallen off in this department for a while now.

So, many of the same public information that's found by members on this forum and is shared here, the local media is aware of it but often wait for an official word from those directly involved. That may be weeks or months later.

It's why you're just now seeing articles in detail about Auden, a restaurant coming to Autry Park. I shared the blurb from the Houston Chronicle about Auden to local publications including additional details because the blurb was likely something many of them possibly overlooked (and it was according to some of the responses I received). And almost two months later, there are multiple articles about it because the restaurant or the developers weren't ready to fully disclose details until this week (same thing with Berg Hospitality's Turner's Cut & Annabelle's planned for Autry Park, which I shared here months prior).

And if reporters for the main local publications aren't aware and receive a press release, they may cite forums like this as a source that found the information initially.

• Like 5