Vertigo58

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/15/2021 at 11:03 PM, Urbannizer said:

Love that they are actually putting down pavers.  I usually expect these kind of details that show up in renderings to end up dropped (if they were ever actually intended...) during construction

Hanover.png.09f84132e568fd70be3c56ca37bba788.png

Edited by KirbyDriveKid
  • Like 7

1 hour ago, freundb said:

^^ or stamped concrete to look like pavers. 

Those are pavers. If its stamped concrete to look like pavers...then you wouldn't do them individually. The entire point of "stamped" concrete to look like pavers is that its cheaper because you are subtracting labor costs.

1 hour ago, Luminare said:

Those are pavers. If its stamped concrete to look like pavers...then you wouldn't do them individually. The entire point of "stamped" concrete to look like pavers is that its cheaper because you are subtracting labor costs.

1 hour ago, Houston19514 said:

They are pretty clearly installing pavers in that picture.

I wasn't clear with my comment. I was adding to KirbyDriveKid's comment where he said they often drop those design ideas. I just meant to add that instead of dropping pavers altogether, they'll go the stamped concrete route which I personally don't like. Yes, they're clearly laying pavers in that picture which I like.  

• Like 3

On 10/16/2021 at 9:00 PM, IntheKnowHouston said:

The Houston Chronicle mentioned Autry Park and other new mixed-uses a few days ago. Buried in the article is a new restaurant opening in the Autry Park mixed-use development named Auden.

Auden is from new hospitality group Nitecap Hospitality. Their Instagram doesn't have much to offer in details, but going off the food photos on the owners' Instas alone, this may be promising.

http://instagram.com/audenhtx

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/business/retail/article/Houston-retail-districts-nature-COVID-16531270.php

More details about Auden, a vegetable-forward restaurant opening at Autry Park, were reported towards the end of 2021. So, it's not the freshest of news, but I didn't see anyone make a post about it.

I think Nitecap Hospitality, the group behind Auden, is also involved with the bakery EaDough under construction in EaDo.

https://preview.houstonchronicle.com/dining/vegetable-centric-restaurant-with-buffalo-bayou-16684902

• Thanks 1

The chefs behind Japanese restaurants Kokoro (Bravery) and Handies Douzo in the Heights may have plans for a concept in the Autry Park mixed-use development.

Earlier this month, an entity was formed for Autry Park Sushi LLC. The entity is tied to the group involved with both of the aforementioned restaurants.

Other confirmed and unconfirmed retail tenants for Autry Park so far include:

• Annabelle's

• Turner's Cut

• Auden

• RH Rooftop Restaurant

• Lick Honest Ice Creams

Edited by IntheKnowHouston
  • Like 5

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/19/2022 at 7:10 AM, IntheKnowHouston said:

The chefs behind Japanese restaurants Kokoro (Bravery) and Handies Douzo in the Heights may have plans for a concept in the Autry Park mixed-use development.

Earlier this month, an entity was formed for Autry Park Sushi LLC. The entity is tied to the group involved with both of the aforementioned restaurants.

Other confirmed and unconfirmed retail tenants for Autry Park so far include:

• Annabelle's

• Turner's Cut

• Auden

• RH Rooftop Restaurant

• Lick Honest Ice Creams

I toured both Hanover Autry Park & Parkview yesterday. Leasing agents couldn't confirm Restoration Hardware and said they heard RH backed out (Idk if they both were told to say that or both heard the same rumor).

Assume Turner's Cut is the steakhouse they mentioned going at the base of the tower. Lick Honest going in the midrise. I'm sure it was mentioned here before... but the Hotel Tower will be a park until they break ground. Or the agent in the tower was just saying that because the westward view would be gone. 

Both beautiful properties with amazing amenities. Except the midrise didn't have guest parking which I thought was strange. The street spots will go to the retail spaces as they fill up. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Montrose1100 said:

I toured both Hanover Autry Park & Parkview yesterday. Leasing agents couldn't confirm Restoration Hardware and said they heard RH backed out (Idk if they both were told to say that or both heard the same rumor).

Assume Turner's Cut is the steakhouse they mentioned going at the base of the tower. Lick Honest going in the midrise. I'm sure it was mentioned here before... but the Hotel Tower will be a park until they break ground. Or the agent in the tower was just saying that because the westward view would be gone. 

Both beautiful properties with amazing amenities. Except the midrise didn't have guest parking which I thought was strange. The street spots will go to the retail spaces as they fill up. 

RH backed out!? wtf

1 hour ago, Avossos said:

RH backed out!? wtf

Would take it with a grain of salt. Most of the people outside of HAIF don't really keep their fingers on the pulse like we do or have the leaks. The Hotel could be breaking ground as soon as they open/lease the upper floors, RH could be in discussion, anything is possible. 

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, Montrose1100 said:

Would take it with a grain of salt. Most of the people outside of HAIF don't really keep their fingers on the pulse like we do or have the leaks. The Hotel could be breaking ground as soon as they open/lease the upper floors, RH could be in discussion, anything is possible. 

Agreed, a grain of sale is appropriate.  Purely speculating here, but it doesn't seem all that likely that they would have bothered to get the TDLR permits prior to being committed to the project.

Edited by Houston19514
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, KirbyDriveKid said:

On top of the comments above, that irrigation they're putting down across from the tower is a bad sign for the (maybe not) Restoration Hardware building, right..?  Or am I misreading that activity?

Could be just a temporary delay, Methodist North campus did the same thing but permits have been released for the new construction.

• Thanks 1

On 1/31/2022 at 4:50 PM, Montrose1100 said:

What brand is the hotel going to be?

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/16/2021 at 9:17 PM, IntheKnowHouston said:

Another food and beverage related tenant for the Autry Park mixed-use is Lick.

Lick Honest Ice Creams is an Austin-based ice cream shop. This will be one of a few branches opening in Houston. Another is coming to Midway's East River development in the Fifth Ward area.

Last month, an entity for Lick Autry Park LLC was established.

Last week, Lick Honest Ice Creams confirmed a scoop shop is coming to Autry Park. It's slated to open in the fall.

https://houston.culturemap.com/news/restaurants-bars/02-24-22-lick-honest-ice-creams-new-location-autry-park-montrose-mixed-use-development

Edited by IntheKnowHouston
  • Like 5

• 2 weeks later...