A City Rising From A Forest

WesternGulf

I'm from deep east TX. I consider the tree coverage here rather sparse...excepting areas such as Garden Oaks, Garden Villas, and Memorial Park.

I think the comparison was supposed to be between Houston versus other large cities, and not so much compared to rural wooded areas.

I think the comparison was supposed to be between Houston versus other large cities, and not so much compared to rural wooded areas.

Houston is on the very very very edge of The Big Thicket. Deep East Texas is right in the middle of it, hence Davy Crockett National Forest. Hard to compare the 2 my friend, and like Jeebus said, I too think it was to compare cities not Backwoods versus City life. <_<:mellow:;)

• 3 weeks later...

I live in far NW Houston & there are some very wooded areas around here. Basically any where on the Nortwest, North, Northeast, & East side are going to have the most trees, besides the Memorial area which is basically a Forest planted right in the middle of a huge metropolis. The further south of Houston you go, it becomes coastal plains, & going west towards Katy you have flat prairie farm land.

Yes, Houston for being the 4th largest city, as a whole is very dense with greenery. Another large city that comes to mind is Atlanta which is VERY green.

• The title was changed to A City Rising From A Forest

Archived