Dallas's Victory Project Vs. HPavilions/East Downtown Development

scarface

Dallas Victory Project VS Houston Pavilions  

117 members have voted

1. 1. which will be hotter

• Dallas Victory
    • Houston Pavilions

I agree, but I think downtown has to take advantage of the next two years while the Pavilions is under construction to attract some residential projects. If we can get that going hopefully there will be more people patronizing the Pavilions than just tourists.

I think they will be able to get more residential and retail projects going... now that they can say for sure that HP will be there in a year and a half. Before it was like... "will HP happen or won't it?"... many thought it wouldn't... but now it's actually happening. I have always believed HP was the big thing needed to really get things going. To get some chickens and eggs Downtown we first needed either a chicken or an egg... I think we got our chicken! ha ha :lol::D

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Right now, it looks like One Park Place and Discovery Green could be bigger catalysts in DT residential expansion than HP--not saying that HP won't have ANY influence but that the former two would seem to have the potential to be more influential.

I don't know... one park place is going to be really really nice, but it's only going to cater to more of the upper-class. HP, I believe, will bring a lot more "action" to Downtown. I think it will bring more people into Downtown... and this could lead to more people wanting to live Downtown.

If land were acquired 20 years ago and nothing has happened thus far, why would anybody choose to believe that a recent land acquisition should be any different? Land sales ≠ development.

You clearly don't know what you are talking about, and you won't know what you're talking about until something of significance actually happens because I'm not going to tell you. All I want for you and others to know, as I stated long ago, is that they're awake, and that you can expect great things from east Downtown.

I like the flag. The first flag of Texas designed by Sara Dodson.

I like the flag. The first flag of Texas designed by Sara Dodson.

Thank you! I decided to fly it on HAIF for the week of Texas Independence, since 1) it was flown over Washington-on-the-Brazos on March 2nd, 1836, and 2) I'm related to Sara.

Thank you! I decided to fly it on HAIF for the week of Texas Independence, since 1) it was flown over Washington-on-the-Brazos on March 2nd, 1836, and 2) I'm related to Sara.

Well that's cool! I have to admit I'm a big fan of the whole Texas independence thing. :)

Then we are related as well. I did not know much about the flag until my parents decided to hang a replica in their house.

Then we are related as well. I did not know much about the flag until my parents decided to hang a replica in their house.

After you made that comment, it got me to thinking that what would be really fun would be to get the Greater East End Management District and the City of Houston to sponsor an extended family reunion of sorts, tracking down the descendents and relatives of Sara and her husband Archaleus, to be held in old Harrisburg. The couple lived there at the outbreak of the revolution, and that is where the flag was sewn, then carried into combat by Archaleus and the Harrisburg company of volunteers.

The old town was razed by Santa Anna prior to the battle of San Jacinto, but if the GEEMD installed replicas of historic streetlamps to replace the existing streetlights, then hung replica Dodson flags from them, and unveiled the project on a day of significance in combination with a Dodson/extended-family reunion, that would bring a lot of publicity to the area for them and be a really fun event for everyone else.

In fact, I know someone who knows the GEEMD management. I think I'll leverage my contacts and make a suggestion.

After you made that comment, it got me to thinking that what would be really fun would be to get the Greater East End Management District and the City of Houston to sponsor an extended family reunion of sorts, tracking down the descendents and relatives of Sara and her husband Archaleus, to be held in old Harrisburg. The couple lived there at the outbreak of the revolution, and that is where the flag was sewn, then carried into combat by Archaleus and the Harrisburg company of volunteers.

The old town was razed by Santa Anna prior to the battle of San Jacinto, but if the GEEMD installed replicas of historic streetlamps to replace the existing streetlights, then hung replica Dodson flags from them, and unveiled the project on a day of significance in combination with a Dodson/extended-family reunion, that would bring a lot of publicity to the area for them and be a really fun event for everyone else.

In fact, I know someone who knows the GEEMD management. I think I'll leverage my contacts and make a suggestion.

Thanks for the brief tutorial. I did not know they lived in old Harrisburg. A family reunion would be something to look forward to as well.

The line between downtown and uptown Dallas will become more blurred once Woodall Rodgers Park is completed, and development picks up around the park.

That said, Houston Pavilions will be awesome. Great to see that groundbreaking has already occurred - seeing downtown surface lots torn up is one of those subconscious, indescribable joys one can feel!

Congrats Houston on getting HP underway!

Looking forward to seeing this progress in the coming months!

To be honest I really can't wait until it's built ,So then ,Both Dallasites and Houstonians would have something to look forward to when visiting each others dwellings.I know I will be one of the first Dallasites down there when it opens. :rolleyes:

On Earth ???!?!?!

You $#$%^&*@$%&.

It's the greatest city in the galaxy. Dallas gets no respect.

SpaceCity no disrespect but why don't you pack up and move to Dallas. Leave your name/ title behind because you sure do be on Dallas's nutsack!

"On Earth ???!?!?!

You $#$%^&*@$%&.

It's the greatest city in the galaxy. Dallas gets no respect."

SpaceCity no disrespect but why don't you pack up and move to Dallas. Leave your name/ title behind because you sure do be on Dallas's nutsack!

Maybe I'm missing something. But, wasn't that obvious sarcasm?

"On Earth ???!?!?!

You $#$%^&*@$%&.

It's the greatest city in the galaxy. Dallas gets no respect."

Maybe I'm missing something. But, wasn't that obvious sarcasm?

Just go back and review his previous posts in the past and you'll see why i made that statment. Judging from his history of jumping on anybody who says anything about Dallas, i know the comment couldn't have been sarcasm.

Is this more sarcasm or are you serious? Why would I want someone to claim that Dallas is the best city, not on Earth, but in the Galaxy?

Do you actually know of a city that is not on Earth? I certainly don't. For my statement to be taken as true, you have to believe, not only in extra-terrestrial life, but that there are real cities out there on Mars, Venus, Pluto that people know about and can compare with Dallas. So please list the cities that exist on other planets and then we'll debate if they have a larger MSA than Dallas.

And this time, I am serious.

:blink:

I'll start. Dallas' Central Expressway is so much better than Klingon-54's level 3 Meelock Hwy #8253-235! Their meeloids are so inferior!

Is this more sarcasm or are you serious? Why on would I want someone to claim that Dallas is the best city, not on Earth, but in the Galaxy?

Do you actually know of a city that is not on Earth? I certainly don't. For my statement to be taken as true, you have to believe, not only in extra-terrestrial life, but that there are real cities out there on Mars, Venus, Pluto that people know about and can compare with Dallas. So please list the cities that exist on other planets and then we'll debate if they have a larger MSA than Dallas.

And this time, I am serious.

:blink:

I'll start. Dallas' Central Expressway is so much better than Klingon-54's level 3 Meelock Hwy #8253-235! Their meeloids are so inferior!

:lol:

• 2 weeks later...

I'm somewhat disappointed in Victory. I was under the impression that Victory was going to be a great urban meeting space with energy and excitement that would become the heart and pulse of the city.

Instead it looks like a town center/lifestyle center development that caters only to the rich with giant TV's.

Dallasites, are you happy with how Victory has turned out?

I like Victory... it's a cool place to people watch. The plaza is interesting... photos don't to it justice as it is about being "surrounded" by the lights and video and sound that make the experience complete. Most of the traffic is still dependent on activities at the arena but it's becoming more active each time more shops open up. The TV studio draws crowds standing by the windows every evening. When the park and cafes surrounding it open it will be a nice place to be in good weather.... but for now there is still a lot of construction.

This thing is still in its very infancy...give us ten years and then we'll let you know

I can't wait to see DOWNTOWN HOUSTON in 10 years! Should be an awsome mix of towering office buildings, residential developments, lots of retail, restaurants, entertainment complexes, sports stadiums, parks, etc.... all within walking distance to one another... all DOWNTOWN! :wub:

Archived