Dallas Victory Project VS Houston Pavilions  

117 members have voted

1. 1. which will be hotter

• Dallas Victory
    • Houston Pavilions

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
As a point of information/correction, you might want to go to the following web page:

http://www.northparkcenter.com/storedirectory_alpha.php

. . .and before you feel compelled to post another silly, illegitimate rebuttal regarding exclusivity of retail shopping in Texas, please visit the Dallas Galleria site as well. I'm sure it will help you become better informed.

NOTE: To those who would like to accuse me of somehow bashing Houston with this post, or otherwise creating a flame war, please re-read the above comment (it doesn't mention Houston at all). I AM CLEARLY DOING TWO THINGS 1. POINTING OUT THAT houstonfella POSTED ERRONEOUS INFORMATION, IN PART, AND ATTEMPTED TO PASS IT OFF AS FACT. (Aside from its not being on point with this thread's topic, his post, as well as any other that provides non-factual information, does nothing to enhance the discussion). 2. Additionally, I am providing houstonfella, as well as all who care to explore the facts, with suggestion, including links on how to obtain the proper information. If you feel slighted because of that, IMHO, it's a personal problem.

You are right... I was misinformed. The Galleria in Houston is the FOURTH largest shopping center in the USA. I did one thing: I searched the internet and obtained what was written, and did the copy and paste. I did NOT post erroneous information other than what was out there. Personally, I give a flip about the Galleria in Hou or Dal because I shop at Kohl's, Macy's and Academy. I am only upper mid income level, but happy.

Galleria

I suppose I also misinformed you that Houston has over 85 foreign consulates, the most foreign banks, the tallest buildings, over 2 million in population and a f**king port that is one of the largest in the world. In fact, I'll be over at one of the restaurants tonight along the waterway and will see a few mighty ships slip past my window to the Port of Houston.

Question: What are you guys going to do about your horse slaughtering plants?

Texas Monthly just came out and I was appalled. I mean, we love our horses in Houston. You guys kill them and send the meat to wherever.... don't even start. I have been mending fences with Dallasites and do not hate or dislike Dallas; it is that smarmy attitude that pisses me off. Dallasboi and I have been getting along. Don't screw it up 713 to 214. I understand people in Dallas love their town. I love mine. And, besides, I thought this was a sub forum of the HOUSTON Area Information Forum. Am I wrong here?

It is December and almost Christmas. :wub:

Question: What are you guys going to do about your horse slaughtering plants?

Texas Monthly just came out and I was appalled. I mean, we love our horses in Houston. You guys kill them and send the meat to wherever.... don't even start. I have been mending fences with Dallasites and do not hate or dislike Dallas; it is that smarmy attitude that pisses me off. Dallasboi and I have been getting along. Don't screw it up 713 to 214. I understand people in Dallas love their town. I love mine. And, besides, I thought this was a sub forum of the HOUSTON Area Information Forum. Am I wrong here?

It is December and almost Christmas. :wub:

Houstonfella, you don't fail to amaze me with your ludicrous and bipolar posts.

You say you try to mend fences with Dallas folks, and at the same time you bring in some dumbass horse slaughtering article and imply everyone in Dallas has got the horses' blood on their hands. What the hell are you really saying?

I personally can't stand your posts. Even when you're repressing your desire to suck Houston's appendage, it's obvious you're absolutely dying to tell everyone its the 4th largest city...I'd love to see folks in NY, California, and Chicago read your posts. You sound like a pretentious prat.

This post isn't meant to be offensive, just entertaining.

You say you try to mend fences with Dallas folks, and at the same time you bring in some dumbass horse slaughtering article and imply everyone in Dallas has got the horses' blood on their hands. What the hell are you really saying?

I personally can't stand your posts. Even when you're repressing your desire to suck Houston's appendage, it's obvious you're absolutely dying to tell everyone its the 4th largest city...I'd love to see folks in NY, California, and Chicago read your posts. You sound like a pretentious prat.

Care B)

I shop at Kohl's and Macy's. Pretentious????? And didn't 713 to 214 provoke. I don't care. We are who we are. If you can't stand my posts, put your ignore button on. Jeez.

why does it seem like some of you are intentionally trying to get this thread shut down? I would like this thread to remain open but if these unnecessary attacks continue, this thread won't be around for much longer. I was kind of digging this thread because TexasStar updates us on photos of the Victory Project every so often. Once the Houston Pavilions breaks ground, we can use this thread for updaes on Houston Pavilion construction updates as well. Please try to keep it a little more civil.

C2H/ComingtoHouston

Not a problem ... I totally understand. It is easy to hit that keyboard and say the wrong things to people and then regret. I enjoy yours posts tier. B)

You know, I really like Dallasboi even though we have had our rounds; he defends his territory and has a lot of character. I can respect that.

This was my last reply before the attacks. Am I trying to get this thread "shut down" or is 713 to 214 starting the crap? You be the judge.

I'm not going to point the finger @ anyone, but i know who's doing what. Just whoever is starting crap and getting defensive, just cut it out. I've used this thread for the last year to see updates on Dallas Victory

I'm not going to point the finger @ anyone, but i know who's doing what. Just whoever is starting crap and getting defensive, just cut it out. I've used this thread for the last year to see updates on Dallas Victory

C2H: can we NOT just get along???? Victory is wonderful. But wouldn't a local Dallas forum be more beneficial???????? Just a question. Don't get your panties in a wad. :lol:

Plus, newbies don't get a "cut it out" attitude.

The coolest thing that Houston has over Dallas: South Beach

;)

Woo Hoo... try it C2H

You are right... I was misinformed.

Don't be too hard on yourself. The information you posted was just out-of-date. When originally printed it was accurat. But at later dates, some of those stores opened branches in Dallas. (Ferragamo is just now opening, I believe. Some of the others are still not there.)

C2H: can we NOT just get along???? Victory is wonderful. But wouldn't a local Dallas forum be more beneficial???????? Just a question. Don't get your panties in a wad. :lol:

Plus, newbies don't get a "cut it out" attitude.

Woo Hoo... try it C2H

Dang, i actually thought i was defending you.

Don't be too hard on yourself. The information you posted was just out-of-date. When originally printed it was accurat. But at later dates, some of those stores opened branches in Dallas. (Ferragamo is just now opening, I believe. Some of the others are still not there.)

Thanks. I posted only because it was available thru internet. Actually, as I stated, I am an upper mid income person who doesn't do those Galleria shopping trips where spending exceeds thousands of dollars. I apreciate ya Houston19514. I think the Dal people are coming down hard on me. Oh, well, I'll go have some great seafood. Fresh from the Houston area docks. :P

Yes, this post you WERE defending me. Thanks. It's all good. Texas is wonderful. Dallas, Hou Aus wherever.........

Got back from the restaurants on the Bay. Great big Gulf Shrimp over a bed of grilled fish (forgot what kind but very tasty). Have a great weekend. By the way, that goes for our posters from Big D. ;)

Too bad I'm tired and old or I'd go over to South Beach for some club action. B)

This was posted on the Dallas board and it's not about Victory directly but it does discuss downtown Dallas retail and the number of people who live downtown. You guys might find it interesting:

Jos. A. Bank is trying on downtown Dallas for size

Men's clothier is first national apparel chain in district since 1990s

10:36 PM CST on Friday, December 1, 2006

By MARIA HALKIAS / The Dallas Morning News

Men's clothier Jos. A. Bank thinks it's been missing out on some business by not being in downtown Dallas. So it opened a store there Friday, a rare occurrence for the central business district, which is still struggling to support shopping.

Being an urban pioneer feels right in this case, said Terry Hillgartner, regional sales director for the chain of 370 stores, based near Baltimore. "We'll grow our market share by being downtown."

The store is the first national clothing chain, besides Neiman Marcus, to operate downtown since the 1990s.

"We're very positive. No offense to Neiman Marcus, but not everyone can shop there, and we think men like to shop during the day, at lunch or on the way home from work," he said. "Once men get home, they don't want to go out again."

Hours of operation are more generous than standard urban street times in major U.S. cities

And it estimated 3,100 residents living in the 1.3-square-mile area bounded by the downtown freeway loop. It predicts the core will have 10,450 residents by 2010.

Claritas, a marketing research firm, estimates the 75201 and 75202 ZIP codes contain 5,822 residents.

This is interesting. I would have thought Uptown would have more residents than this. If you look at Google Earth, you can see the ZIP code boundaries for 75201 and 75202 include Downtown, Victory, and Uptown up to Turtle Creek and over to Routh.

This is interesting. I would have thought Uptown would have more residents than this. If you look at Google Earth, you can see the ZIP code boundaries for 75201 and 75202 include Downtown, Victory, and Uptown up to Turtle Creek and over to Routh.

I think most of the Uptown residents are found North of Routh, closer to Cityplace West Village....

... two-year-old estimates had about 27,000 people living in the broader downtown neighborhoods, including Uptown, Deep Ellum, Bryan Place and the Cedars.

Loosely defining downtown Dallas' residential semi-circle like this is an excellent geographic measure of 'the city'. The amount of new residential construction in this area has been impressive, but the ~30,000 residential number shows just how much ground must be covered before it's the kind of 'city' Dallasites desire.

I think most of the Uptown residents are found North of Routh, closer to Cityplace West Village....

Loosely defining downtown Dallas' residential semi-circle like this is an excellent geographic measure of 'the city'. The amount of new residential construction in this area has been impressive, but the ~30,000 residential number shows just how much ground must be covered before it's the kind of 'city' Dallasites desire.

This sounds remarkably like Downtown Houston. 6th Ward, 4th Ward, Midtown and Near Eastside (and someday, Near Northside) form a semi-circle around the downtown area, and show lots of activity, while Downtown itself remains stubbornly below 4,000 residents. Personally, I don't see that as a deal killer, as residents of these areas are no more than a mile from Downtown. However, I do realize that since everyone MUST compare Houston and Dallas to New York and Chicago, their respective downtowns will be considered statistically anemic, until several thousand more apartment and condo dwellers move in.

This sounds remarkably like Downtown Houston. 6th Ward, 4th Ward, Midtown and Near Eastside (and someday, Near Northside) form a semi-circle around the downtown area, and show lots of activity, while Downtown itself remains stubbornly below 4,000 residents. Personally, I don't see that as a deal killer, as residents of these areas are no more than a mile from Downtown. However, I do realize that since everyone MUST compare Houston and Dallas to New York and Chicago, their respective downtowns will be considered statistically anemic, until several thousand more apartment and condo dwellers move in.

I think it's all about timing. (It's the same with Hou & Dal)When the surrounding neighborhoods begin to blend more and more with downtown it will then be consider to be one market .And that will make the area more attractive as a whole and companies will no longer compare the two markets with each other .All of the assets from uptown and all of the assets of downtown will be rolled into one big ole burrito and everybody gets full. :P

Here are some photos posted on the Dallas Forum:

http://forum.dallasmetropolis.com/showpost...p;postcount=265

Great photos! I want a digital camera for Christmas. The W is beautiful.

By the way Dallasboi, I was just asking about White Rock and someone posted the link. Hopefully you guys will get good weather for the marathon. I can't imagine running over 26 miles personally. :lol:

'LFT' off is Dec. 8 at Victory Park

Dallas Business Journal - December 1, 2006

by Sandra Zaragoza

Staff Writer

A highly anticipated boutique department store called LFT is taking off at Victory Park on Dec. 8.

Ort Varona, president of LFT, said the 30,000-square-foot boutique will boast a collection of high-end designer brands, some of which are new to the Dallas market. The modern-slanted department store will offer 13 entrances.

New York-based modern furniture retailer Dune and clothier Chip & Pepper will have branded shops within LFT. Shoppers will be able to find unique items like the Segway, an electronic scooter that starts at about $4,500.

LFT also is partnering with local children's daycare Kidztime on a 1,000-square-foot "playcare" center called Ourkidz, where parents can drop off children on an hourly basis to run errands or shop. The maximum capacity for the daycare is 40 children.

"We look at this as a general store ... an early merchant that is on a modern level for (Victory Park)," Varona said.

Varona, who also owns boutiques Octane and Premium93 in the West Village, is partnering with several investors, including Fort Worth-based Hillwood Capital, on LFT. He declined to disclose start-up costs.

http://www.bizjournals.com/dallas/stories/...08400%5E1383025

Here's LFT's website:

http://www.mylft.com/

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah. We know about fast and quick growth in H-town. Uptown Houston's boasts .... don't get me started ..... but it is Texas' largest "Uptown" and we know it. Victory is cool. It is trendy. It is HOT HOT HOT. I am totally happy for that happening in Dallas. So, that all said, hang around. A lot more construction is going to happen in Dallas (more to come); and, Houston is totally a sleeping giant. Twin 30-story Mosaic towers on Hermann Park are rising, 2727 Kirby (30 stories on Kirby) is under construction; Endeavor 30 stories on the bay has reached the 10th floor already and there are many others on the Bay, Clear Lake and the Island; Turnberry is planning a ritzy highrise in the 42+ range in Uptown Houston. So all in all, Dal and Hou are puttin' on the Ritz. It is great for all of us. Right now, Dallas' Victory is the place. Ultimately, Houston will ante (is that the spelling? :o ) up and step to the plate. Let's stay together Dal/Hou.

Unfortunately, Chicago and NY, with the size of the cities and the money there, can make us look like small potatoes. I'd rather be on the bayou tho because I can't imagine winter in Chi and NY.

Happy Holidays Dallas.

Happy Holidays Houston.

Happy Holidays TEXAS.

Enjoy our 70s in December. B)

• 4 weeks later...

Archived