Alright Rocket fans, our team has won 9 of their last 10 and Yao is sitting. The next 4 games comprise of #1 in the ESPN Power Rankings, the Mavericks, #2 the Suns, then we see Denver and the ever dominant Spurs. We probably haven't seen a tougher stretch of games in years. If the Rockets can pull out even 2 of these 4, we have to deem it a success.

I think it's time everybody in Houston jumps on the bandwagon, this is a good team and Yao and Bonzi aren't even back yet. They've got their best record in years and are #3 in the Power Rankings, ahead of San Antonio. When was the last time you could say that?!?

Go Rockets!!!

Alright Rocket fans, our team has won 9 of their last 10 and Yao is sitting. The next 4 games comprise of #1 in the ESPN Power Rankings, the Mavericks, #2 the Suns, then we see Denver and the ever dominant Spurs. We probably haven't seen a tougher stretch of games in years. If the Rockets can pull out even 2 of these 4, we have to deem it a success.

I think it's time everybody in Houston jumps on the bandwagon, this is a good team and Yao and Bonzi aren't even back yet. They've got their best record in years and are #3 in the Power Rankings, ahead of San Antonio. When was the last time you could say that?!?

Go Rockets!!!

And don't forget Kirk Snyder. He may not be an all-star, but he brings depth, athleticism and a finishing ability that will help us even more.

And don't forget Kirk Snyder. He may not be an all-star, but he brings depth, athleticism and a finishing ability that will help us even more.

Battier, Howard, and Mutumbo are all MONSTERS! I knew Battier has the best years ahead of him, but wussup with the Howard and Mutumbo comebacks?! Is Deke REALLY 40?! Wussup with him blocking all these poor rookies?! He's still the D-Bo of the NBA!!!

scan0003.jpg

Battier, Howard, and Mutumbo are all MONSTERS! I knew Battier has the best years ahead of him, but wussup with the Howard and Mutumbo comebacks?! Is Deke REALLY 40?! Wussup with him blocking all these poor rookies?! He's still the D-Bo of the NBA!!!

Howard is the bigger surprise for me. Everyone wanted to run him out of town and now he's playin big. He's like Maurice Taylor.

Howard is the bigger surprise for me. Everyone wanted to run him out of town and now he's playin big. He's like Maurice Taylor.

Except that Mo Taylor was traded out of town because he really sucks. Juwan is actually good when he plays within himself. Mo's numbers never came close to what Juwan can put up on offense or defense.

Except that Mo Taylor was traded out of town because he really sucks. Juwan is actually good when he plays within himself. Mo's numbers never came close to what Juwan can put up on offense or defense.

He could stroke it though. Maybe he didn't live up to the billing, but I thought he was underrated a little bit. He wasn't a star player, but I think he could have fit into this current team quite well. I think a big reason why fans didn't like him is because we paid him so much and he wasn't worthy of it.

I believe that no team out there can beat a healthy T-Mac, Yao , and Rockets. Yes, i really believe that a healthy Rockets team(especially those two) can beat any team out there. That includes San Antonio and Dallas, Phoenix, etc. in a 7 game series. With Shane and a good bench, this team should win it all.

I believe that no team out there can beat a healthy T-Mac, Yao , and Rockets. Yes, i really believe that a healthy Rockets team(especially those two) can beat any team out there. That includes San Antonio and Dallas, Phoenix, etc. in a 7 game series. With Shane and a good bench, this team should win it all.

If everyone is healthy come playoff time, I think the Rockets are the team to beat. The last few years, it's been the Mavs and Spurs that looked dangerous. The team's playing great, and the best player on the team is injured. They're only gonna get better after these four games.

I agree that if they're able to win at least 2 of the next 4 with out Yao Ming, that's definately a statement.

If everyone is healthy come playoff time, I think the Rockets are the team to beat. The last few years, it's been the Mavs and Spurs that looked dangerous. The team's playing great, and the best player on the team is injured. They're only gonna get better after these four games.

I agree that if they're able to win at least 2 of the next 4 with out Yao Ming, that's definately a statement.

I think we could beat all three as well. But the Suns and Mavs are pretty dang good. I wouldn't be as worried about the Spurs, but the other two, yikes...tough

I'm sorry but I don't. What I think hurts the Rockets is the lack of experience in the playoffs. I don't believe anybody on the team has even been to the 2nd round besides Bonzi. Also, the lack of consistent point guard play and power forward play will be their downfall. Especially at the point guard position. They can give them a scare, but I think the Mavs, Suns, and Spurs are better. Yes Spurs. Do not sleep on them because they are having a tough time right now. They usually pick up their play on the rodeo trip which is happening in a couple week.

But the team to beat right and in the playoffs will be the Mavs. They are still the defending western conference champions and are playing the best basketball out of any team in the league.

Edited by Spades

What a suprise to see Dikembe Mutombo on the State of the Union Address last night. I sat down to blow dry my hair and heard him say Dikembe. I only know of one Dikembe.

story-1.jpg

Damn, he looks like a giant! They definitely didn't seat based on height, the woman to his right must look like an ant from his altitude.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Durant may or may not enter the draft. There's legitimate evidence that he may stay in college for at least another year.

If you follow sports a lot, there's a good chance you know who Bill Simmons, "the sports guy" is on ESPN.COM's Page Two. He's hilarious and knows his stuff.

But in this podcast w/ Chad Ford, he mentions something about Durant going to Phoenix or Houston in the draft. I heard that and was like, "what?" But he knows his stuff, so maybe some way, some how there's a chance.

Anyway...it's a really good podcast. So here it is:

http://sports.espn.go.com/espnradio/podcas...ayer?id=2819032

How would he end up here?

Well, the draft. Of course.

If you're asking how the Rockets would have a draft position to even have the ability to get him...I don't know. But that's what he said. He said something about the possibility of the Suns having the no. 4 pick. So I guess it's possible somehow?

Well, the draft. Of course.

If you're asking how the Rockets would have a draft position to even have the ability to get him...I don't know. But that's what he said. He said something about the possibility of the Suns having the no. 4 pick. So I guess it's possible somehow?

That's what I meant. The Rockets will be too far back in the draft to get Durant.

• 2 weeks later...

Well that Bonzi sure does tick me off! Self rightous jerk. He was supposed to be our X factor, the go to guy when Yao and T-mac have their off nights, which is about every 5th game if you'll notice. Without that third, proven, veteran option I'm not sure who can lead us through the rough patches in a 7 game series. I'm not sure Yao or T-Mac have shown that either of them can do so.

I think we can get past the Jazz in the first round but I'm by no means sure of it. It's more of a "hope" really.

It should be a good matchup though, especially from a coaching point of view. We could feasibly play them in 8 straight games (they are our final regular season opponent). Who's the better coach? Jerry Sloan or JVG?

Well that Bonzi sure does tick me off! Self rightous jerk. He was supposed to be our X factor, the go to guy when Yao and T-mac have their off nights, which is about every 5th game if you'll notice. Without that third, proven, veteran option I'm not sure who can lead us through the rough patches in a 7 game series. I'm not sure Yao or T-Mac have shown that either of them can do so.

I think we can get past the Jazz in the first round but I'm by no means sure of it. It's more of a "hope" really.

It should be a good matchup though, especially from a coaching point of view. We could feasibly play them in 8 straight games (they are our final regular season opponent). Who's the better coach? Jerry Sloan or JVG?

Should have traded Bonzi when we had the chance..