yeahhh...im pretty sure hes waiting on a throw from one of the outfielders. Clemens is just warming up between innings

Ahhh, your right. :blush: You would think a guy with 12 years of baseball on his belt would have thought of that.

• 3 months later...

So, with the preseason starting in 2 short weeks I thought it was time to begin the new Rockets season thread.

Will the addition of Battier and possible addition of Bonzi Wells be enough to get the Rockets back on track? They were horrible last year but Yao and Tracy were both injured. I think if they're both healthy it doesn't matter who is around them, we'll be in the playoffs. However, to make it past the first round and hopefully further I think we really need a solid 3rd and 4th option. Battier helps, but we need at least one more. Bonzi would be good, though Mike James would've been great! Oh well, that ship has sailed.

I pick the Rockets to finish 5th in the West behind SA, Phoenix, Dallas, and LA. Anyone else?

Edited by ProHouston

It's great to finally have a third star on our team in Battier, but the Rockets REALLY could use a player like Wells to give them a dangerous and competitive backcourt. I read in the Chronicle before that Wells may be a long-shot because of salary.

Either way, the Rockets' faith depends on injuries again. If McGrady and/or Yao Ming get hurt as often as they did last year, the team's gonna be leaning on Battier. It's anyone's guess how they'll hold up with just one guy stepping up. Last year, no one did.

This will definitely be a make or break year for JVG. If he can't win with these players, then it's time for new blood. I think we're a contender with this addition, as long as we stay healthy.

This is good, now I can look forward to the season!

I heard about the bench earlier on the radio. We picked up two shooters in Steve Novak and Chris Jacobsen (who I'm not sure I've heard about, but they're supposed to be accurate at 3-point range, and we'll find out if that's true in the regular season). What I DO know is that we picked up a BADASS player in our star from Greece. Valsiregteimnvrdji Spanoileinfous or something like that. He's a physical dude, and scored more points than anyone on the Greek team when they beat our American team. To have him, plus American star Battier sounds NASTY on paper, but if they can bring that energy to the Rockets, we could be talkin' post-season.

Are there any other free-agents out there to look for, and what else would the Rockets be looking for? They sound like they have a dominant starting line-up AND bench.

This will definitely be a make or break year for JVG. If he can't win with these players, then it's time for new blood. I think we're a contender with this addition, as long as we stay healthy.

This is good, now I can look forward to the season!

That should be the Rocket's slogan this year

"Rockets.....Stay Healthy" or "Just Say NO to Injuries" :P

• 4 weeks later...
Noticed that the Rockets kicked San Antonios bumb :D

The regular season hasn't started yet has it?

Dont have time to check(curfew in place....yes curfew <_< ) and way out of the loop here.

Now if they could just keep it up

and STAY HEALTHY

While it's true that we beat the Spurs, Duncan, Parker, and Ginobli didn't even make the trip. So I wouldn't say we truly beat them. We look pretty good at times, I'm just worried that our chemistry will lack and we'll have a very slow start. I'm predicting 8-12 to start and then they'll kick it in. The bad thing is that you know Dallas and SA will start off strong, their successful nucleus hasn't changed. Oh well, I still think we'll get #3 or #4 in the West this season!

• 2 weeks later...
Yao for MVP! Houston won big today, in all sports!

This is the biggest night in Houston sports in a LONG time!!

I'm still happy over the Dynamo win, but yea, I think the Rockets have a championship team on them. YAO IS A MONSTER!!! And yea Trae, he DEFINATELY deserves MVP if he stays as dominant as he has!

What is JVG always chewing on during the games? Something I've always wondered but never asked. It looks like maybe a jawbreaker or a piece of ice. JVG doesn't seem like the type who would eat jawbreakers. I once heard that he eats M&Ms and drinks Diet Coke all day long, but his mouth is open too wide to be eating M&Ms.

I'm not trying being to silly, this is an sincere question.

What is JVG always chewing on during the games? Something I've always wondered but never asked. It looks like maybe a jawbreaker or a piece of ice. JVG doesn't seem like the type who would eat jawbreakers. I once heard that he eats M&Ms and drinks Diet Coke all day long, but his mouth is open too wide to be eating M&Ms.

I'm not trying being to silly, this is an sincere question.

I heard him say ''I chew gum it helps me keep focus''

Well, here we are 6-3, coming off a win, and disappointed. I guess that's a good sign. It shows expectations are changing. I really expected our first 10 games to end 4-6 and here we are with 6 wins in 9 games. Let's keep a positive outlook, I think this team is ahead of schedule. Once Bonzi gets into shape, Chuck Hayes comes back from injury, and T-Mac returns to his old self, this team will be unbeatable!

Marty:

I heard him say ''I chew gum it helps me keep focus''

Perhaps so. It's just the way he contorts his mouth looks like someone who has a piece of hard candy or ice between the back of their top and bottom teeth. The same way a dog looks when its chewing on a raw hide bone or something.

ProHouston:

Well, here we are 6-3, coming off a win, and disappointed. I guess that's a good sign. It shows expectations are changing. I really expected our first 10 games to end 4-6 and here we are with 6 wins in 9 games. Let's keep a positive outlook, I think this team is ahead of schedule. Once Bonzi gets into shape, Chuck Hayes comes back from injury, and T-Mac returns to his old self, this team will be unbeatable!

It was a nail-biter in the second half. That's the second game in a row where they blew a 20-point lead. At least they didn't lose last night. It got dangerous.

I guess it is me. However .... I don't think T-Mac will be the champion we hoped he would be. I think he is self-centered and lazy. It's probably just my thoughts. Anybody else think that way? Here he is 27 years old and thinking about retiring at 30. Give me a friggin' break.

He is among the league leaders in assists at 6.4 per game, so...umm...no, I don't think that way.

• 3 weeks later...

Man, the Rockets gave the Bobcats a beating tonight! 92-62! The lowest points allowed in Rockets history! And that's a week after holding Cleveland back to 63 the night McGrady had a concussion. Good grief!!

http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/6254352

From Charlotte's Adam Morrison:

"That's the worst game I've ever played in my life," said Morrison, who in the past three games has eight points on 3-of-26 shooting. "It's difficult when the fans want me to shoot 23-footers with a guy in my face.