Game 4 in Utah. When Okur got the rebound. You don't remember T-Mac calling out Coach Rick?

I remember that, but your quote doesn't make sense. "It's all my fault unless we lose"?

Ha Ha! Tru Dat...Believe it or not, SLC is a pretty cool, pretty hip, little city. The rest of the state? Not so much. :)

I actually have to agree with you. SLC has some nice bars. Lots of nice college gals. I've noticed when i was there that many of them don't wear bras...lol

Uhh... probably don't want to go there, Red.

*cough* *cough* Calvin Murphy *cough* *cough*

Funny! :lol:

I have to admit, being a Utah Jazz fan, you probably know much more about character and integrity than us Rockets fans.

Karl Malone - Father of the Year

I assure you that I am the last person in this world that thinks he's a moral authority on anything. I just don't think you should call out the coach that has had your back all year after a particularly difficult loss. I'm not saying that makes T-Mac a bad guy or anything. I just think its bad for his team and doesn't make him look very good. The guys on 610 radio were ripping him apart for it. Perhaps they know more about character and integrity than I do.

This was too funny not to repost. I saw it at utah board.

participation-award.jpg

Let's hope it's not true this year.

I guess T-Mac gets another participation award. Jazz win. Just as I said they would. See you next year, Rockets. :lol::P:lol:

So, are you going to Salt Lake for the 1st Round Playoff Winner banner hanging ceremony?

Uhh... probably don't want to go there, Red.

*cough* *cough* Calvin Murphy *cough* *cough*

Hey, Calvin has NEVER been accused of not being in his daughters' lives. ;)

A depleted Rockets team made it a tough series for the Jazz! Congrats to the Rockets for a memorable season!

I agree. The Rockets could have shut it down after Yao went down but they didn't. That is a credit to their coach and their team. They will be much better next year. But IMO they need to upgrade point guard, get a reliable 3 point shooter, and acquire bench depth.

Congrats Rockets on a good season. Next year The Rockets will be a much more difficult team to beat.

So, are you going to Salt Lake for the 1st Round Playoff Winner banner hanging ceremony?

In fact, I will be in Utah later this week but please allow me to clarify something. I realize your team hasn't been out of the first round in many, many years but in case you are confused or can't remember that long ago; they don't actually give out banners for getting out of the first round. They usually put banners up for Eastern/Western Conference Champions or World Champions. I do understand your confusion given your team hasn't sniffed the second round in over a decade.

One more note, Championships won in the Jordan era when Jordan was playing baseball instead of basketball come with an asterisk, quite like the Spurs Championship of the strike shortened season, and aren't really championships at all, now are they? Or is that revisionist history?

Clutch City! :P

Edited by scottf

Utah has to be so lucky. No Yao this series, Rafer injured for the second half, and three Rockets starters have to have surgery this offseason, and were playing on injuries.

Good luck Utah against the Lakers. You are going to really need it.

Utah has to be so lucky. No Yao this series, Rafer injured for the second half, and three Rockets starters have to have surgery this offseason, and were playing on injuries.

Good luck Utah against the Lakers. You are going to really need it.

I like Utah's chances against the Lakers. It's the Spurs that I fear...So what do you think the Rockets need to do in the off season?

You don't have to worry about the Spurs since you won't get to them ;).

For the offseason? Get rid of guys like Luther Head and Bobby Jackson (maybe package them together) for someone like Maggette.

Hate isn't a strong enough word for how I feel about the Utah Jazz.

I don't think I hate any team. The Spurs would be the closest I would come to hating a team but I respect them too much to hate them.

I don't think I hate any team. The Spurs would be the closest I would come to hating a team but I respect them too much to hate them.

Is it possible to respect a team and hate them at the same time? I don't know. I do know I hate Utah more than any other sports team that exists. More than the Cowboys, Spurs, Mavericks, Cardinals, Steelers, Titans, Colts or Jaguars. I loathe them, I so do.

Rafer being out is what REALLY hurt us this game I say. Sorry to say, but I lost confidence once it was announced he won't return.

Eh, I guess. I agree we needed Rafer, but his absence is not the reason we lost IMO. Rafer and Tracy cannot make open shots that their teammates missed, they just can't.

You know who else I loathe? Anyone who blames things on Tracy. If someone does that, they don't understand sports or basketball and are merely a bandwagon fan.

• Like 1

Is it possible to respect a team and hate them at the same time? I don't know. I do know I hate Utah more than any other sports team that exists. More than the Cowboys, Spurs, Mavericks, Cardinals, Steelers, Titans, Colts or Jaguars. I loathe them, I so do.

Eh, I guess. I agree we needed Rafer, but his absence is not the reason we lost IMO. Rafer and Tracy cannot make open shots that their teammates missed, they just can't.

You know who else I loathe? Anyone who blames things on Tracy. If someone does that, they don't understand sports or basketball and are merely a bandwagon fan.

Or a talk radio idiot. . .

300-monstersmidday.jpg

One more note, Championships won in the Jordan era when Jordan was playing baseball instead of basketball come with an asterisk,

And championships NEVER won in any era get no asterisk.

So, if Utah does not hang banners for 1st round victories, what DO they hang them for? It sure aint for championships.

In fact, I will be in Utah later this week but please allow me to clarify something. I realize your team hasn't been out of the first round in many, many years but in case you are confused or can't remember that long ago; they don't actually give out banners for getting out of the first round. They usually put banners up for Eastern/Western Conference Champions or World Champions. I do understand your confusion given your team hasn't sniffed the second round in over a decade.

One more note, Championships won in the Jordan era when Jordan was playing baseball instead of basketball come with an asterisk, quite like the Spurs Championship of the strike shortened season, and aren't really championships at all, now are they? Or is that revisionist history?

Clutch City! :P

Is that so? Just a reminder to anyone that the first 3 championships from Bulls came when they were 1-5 against the Rockets during those 3 yrs. So that means the Bulls only have 3 titles, not six...or to be kind, let's say the Bulls 6 titles come with an asterisk for the first 3. :rolleyes:

Edited by sifuwong

Is that so? Just a reminder to anyone that the first 3 championships from Bulls came when they were 1-5 against the Rockets during those 3 yrs. So that means the Bulls only have 3 titles, not six...or to be kind, let's say the Bulls 6 titles come with an asterisk for the first 3. :rolleyes:

** Try to get out of the first round in the 2000's.

:P

And championships NEVER won in any era get no asterisk.

So, if Utah does not hang banners for 1st round victories, what DO they hang them for? It sure aint for championships.

When are you going to school me on history on the Texans thread? Cat got ur tongue? I can't wait to hear why my history is revisionist...

**Clutch City :P

** Try to get out of the first round in the 2000's.

:P

Hey, it is not a big deal since Rockets would'nt have won it this year anyway or any of those years in 2000. It hurts worst when you make it to back-to-back finals and get beaten in the last few seconds of the finals... :P

The Texans, as unglorious as they have been, beat out your lack of Utah team any day of the week. And football is king, take your little basketball victory and go high five someone.

I'm a seaon ticket holder to the Texans. I love the Texans. I was just referring to a post that Red Scare made on the Texans thread...I fully support the Texans and the Astros.

Hey, it is not a big deal since Rockets would'nt have won it this year anyway or any of those years in 2000. It hurts worst when you make it to back-to-back finals and get beaten in the last few seconds of the finals... :P

So true...Okay folks...Congrats to the Rockets on a great season. They will be much tougher next year. I am off to go watch the Astros at Minute Maid (hopefully, the roof will be open) and then I will be coming home to watch my Tivo Jazz/Lakers game.

Ciao! :)

I'm a seaon ticket holder to the Texans. I love the Texans. I was just referring to a post that Red Scare made on the Texans thread...I fully support the Texans and the Astros.

So true...Okay folks...Congrats to the Rockets on a great season. They will be much tougher next year. I am off to go watch the Astros at Minute Maid (hopefully, the roof will be open) and then I will be coming home to watch my Tivo Jazz/Lakers game.

Ciao! :)

Well your original prediction came true...you should not have modified it so many times...

Congrats to Utah on a good series that they really won the first two games in Houston...now it will get really tough against the Lakers. They (Jazz) are going to have to play better than they did the last few games against Houston to win that series, but I dont think you guys are out of it if you drop the first two in LA as long as you figure out something that works defensively for you in Utah. I have heard many say Lakers in seven...I say Lakers in Six. Can't wait for Lakers-Hornets if it comes to pass...my dream scenario is Kobe getting the MVP then Chris Paul and Co. schooling LA a la Hakeem v. Robinson.

and one last note...I hope you don't really believe that any Rockets Champ should come with anything close to an asterisk. Jordan didn't play in 93-94 because he was retired. There is NO precedent in sports history to say any Champ in any league gets an asterisk after the best player in an era retires. Should every series winner get an asterisk after Babe left the game...how many years after? Also, I could say that Hakeem in 93-94 may have been better than MJ that year, especially if MJ's heart wasn't in it and he was going through a lot of off the court turmoil. And what about the 94-95 Championship where Jordan played 19 regular season games and the Playoffs? They had no answer for Shaq and Penny, but Hakeem did. The Rockets were the best team in the league for two full seasons with the most dominant player in the era at the center position...no asterisk needed.

Well your original prediction came true...you should not have modified it so many times...

Congrats to Utah on a good series that they really won the first two games in Houston...now it will get really tough against the Lakers. They (Jazz) are going to have to play better than they did the last few games against Houston to win that series, but I dont think you guys are out of it if you drop the first two in LA as long as you figure out something that works defensively for you in Utah. I have heard many say Lakers in seven...I say Lakers in Six. Can't wait for Lakers-Hornets if it comes to pass...my dream scenario is Kobe getting the MVP then Chris Paul and Co. schooling LA a la Hakeem v. Robinson.

and one last note...I hope you don't really believe that any Rockets Champ should come with anything close to an asterisk. Jordan didn't play in 93-94 because he was retired. There is NO precedent in sports history to say any Champ in any league gets an asterisk after the best player in an era retires. Should every series winner get an asterisk after Babe left the game...how many years after? Also, I could say that Hakeem in 93-94 may have been better than MJ that year, especially if MJ's heart wasn't in it and he was going through a lot of off the court turmoil. And what about the 94-95 Championship where Jordan played 19 regular season games and the Playoffs? They had no answer for Shaq and Penny, but Hakeem did. The Rockets were the best team in the league for two full seasons with the most dominant player in the era at the center position...no asterisk needed.

Just playin' with the asterisk. Those were great Rockets teams. Redscare just brings out the worst in me and I like to taunt him. :D The Jazz are going to have a difficult time with the Lakers, but we'll see how it plays out. It won't help if Kobe gets to the line as many times as he did yesterday. We need to steal this next one in LA... I would love to see the Hornets knock off the Spurs. Wouldn't that be a nice, symbolic, changing of the guard? Chris Paul is amazing...

• 1 month later...

What's everyone think of our draft picks? I only know Dorsey and have never heard of the other two. I like Dorsey a lot, it's just too bad he doesn't have an offensive game.

I tried going to Dave & Busters last night for the draft party that was supposed to start at 6:30. I got there a little after 6 and parking was non-existent. Apparently it's always like that b/c every parking lot in a quarter mile radius had signs posted at the entrance that it was customer parking only and all others will be towed, especially if going to D&B.

I ended up going to that sports bar next door. Scott Something bar. Besides friends of the owner, my friend and I were the only people not black(the owner is white, go figure). Nice place. Good Chilli.