Damn, they looked good. Sure there were the typical 2nd game mistakes, but I can really see what this team can be. Hell, in the 4th quarter TMac didn't even play the whole time, Scola didn't play, Alston didn't play, we won with Artest (the man), Yao, and Aaron Brooks (was supposed to be injured). If we can win with that group, then we should be able to beat anyone with our starters. BTW, we truly have a Big 3 now, Artest was awesome. No longer do we have to worry where points will come from. 3 options who can score 20+ night in night out. Wow, it feels good. PLEEZ stay healthy Rockets!

yes, it is about health. just remember, battier is still out, so when he returns, it is going to get better. he is the kobe stopper!!! do we know if deke will return?

Edited by sifuwong
  • Replies 783
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

After the Astros' season was over, I thought the Rockets would be a great consolation to their absence and to the Texans' constant losing. No so. They've been almost as disappointing as the Texans. Th

They're just getting a slow start, that's all. Go Spurs.

C'mon now, I guess you counted the Astros out when they were 15-30, right ? It is a loooooooooooonnnnnnggggggg season, plenty of basketball to come. Be Bob Marley on this one, everything is "Irie, Mon

Did anyone see when Yao and Howard bumped each other and Artest came in to defend Yao? What did you guys think about that? It was pretty funny to me but at the same time you could obviously tell that Artest is trying to earn Yao's respect. Artest sure has looked dominant in the first two games though. Just think of when/if T-Mac gets healthier because he has shot a horrid 30% percent in the last two games....He is KILLING my fantasy team! :rolleyes:

Damn, they looked good. Sure there were the typical 2nd game mistakes, but I can really see what this team can be. Hell, in the 4th quarter TMac didn't even play the whole time, Scola didn't play, Alston didn't play, we won with Artest (the man), Yao, and Aaron Brooks (was supposed to be injured). If we can win with that group, then we should be able to beat anyone with our starters. BTW, we truly have a Big 3 now, Artest was awesome. No longer do we have to worry where points will come from. 3 options who can score 20+ night in night out. Wow, it feels good. PLEEZ stay healthy Rockets!

From what the AP article said, Tracy played zero minutes in the fourth quarter. Not bad. So that 16 points in three quarters looks pretty good.

It's obvious Ron will be a big part of helping us get over the top, but I'm gonna call it now and say that Aaron Brooks will be the x-factor. The guy played with great confidence last night and he finished.

I went to the Grizzlies game and wasn't that excited, but last night changed that.

The Rockets were really good last night. If -- and that's a little word but oh so large -- the Rockets stay healthy, can you imagine how good they can become? I'm definitely pumped for this season. Artest was such a great addition to the team. Get Red!!! B)

They might be the second best team in the west right now, but I would love to see them trade a couple of their forwards for a decent back up center. They've got to reduce Yao's minutes during the regular season. They can't compete in the playoffs without a healthy Yao.

They might be the second best team in the west right now, but I would love to see them trade a couple of their forwards for a decent back up center. They've got to reduce Yao's minutes during the regular season. They can't compete in the playoffs without a healthy Yao.

Don't be surprised if Deke comes out of retirement later in the season.

Did anybody see the game last night? I am still in shock. I thought the rockets lost when roy hit his 1st buzzer beater then Yao cam with an amazing shoot with 2nd buzzer beater. (He should have missed the free throw) Then Roy shoot a deep three for the final buzzer beater all of this happened with 1.9 seconds left in the game.

Edited by Deut28Thirteen
Did anybody see the game last night? I am still in shock. I thought the rockets lost when roy hit his 1st buzzer beater then Yao cam with an amazing shoot with 2nd buzzer beater. (He should have missed the free throw) Then Roy shoot a deep three for the final buzzer beater all of this happened with 1.9 seconds left in the game.

I guess i can agree. but you have to think that if the blazers did get the yao rebound free throw that they would have called a time out then anyways. the rockets will make the playoffs regardless of that one game. we played horrible all game anyways, we deserved to lose that one.

Yea I think Shaq should definetly get suspended because he was weak pushing a pile of people not even looking at him(If his name is Ron Artest he would have!!!). I thought he should have been ejected also. Other than that it was good to see the refs get a hold of the situation, and good to see that these Rockets are not soft and will not take any ish from any one. I'm just glad Tmac began to hit his shot!!!

Can't believe we lost to the undermanned Spurs last night!

i honestly dont get it.we lose rafer for 2 games and during the rockets/spurs game they completely had no idea what to do. we have so much great talent but just a lack of direction.

aaron brooks needs to bust out and have a voice and confidence and take control when he is on the court. same goes for luther head.

we all know rafer alston is tough. the guy is always in and out of suspensions, court appointments. we know he can man his position. brooks and head need to grow more balls and voice.

i honestly dont get it.we lose rafer for 2 games and during the rockets/spurs game they completely had no idea what to do. we have so much great talent but just a lack of direction.

aaron brooks needs to bust out and have a voice and confidence and take control when he is on the court. same goes for luther head.

we all know rafer alston is tough. the guy is always in and out of suspensions, court appointments. we know he can man his position. brooks and head need to grow more balls and voice.

Brooks played a great defensive game against CP3 tonight. Heck, the Rockets played great tonight. I guess the question is which Rockets team will show up night in and night out.

• 2 weeks later...
Does anyone know anything about steve francis' issues or updates? im gettin pretty tired of wondering if he is ever goin to play anytime soon or what is goin on with him.

I know he had surgery some 8 months ago or something but this is crazy people.

It could be one of those 'knee' injuries just to keep him on the roster in case Rafer or Aaron goes down. I'm pretty sure he is healed up by now. It is nice to have a job paying you $5million to sit all day!

It could be one of those 'knee' injuries just to keep him on the roster in case Rafer or Aaron goes down. I'm pretty sure he is healed up by now. It is nice to have a job paying you $5million to sit all day!

its nice to see them finally start to get their act together, but id really like to see if francis still has what it takes to play, otherwise he is a waste of room on the roster to me

• 4 weeks later...
he needs to just sit his butt on the bench till he decides to play some ball or not. he is costing the rockets way to many turnovers

Not to mention poor decisions in the 4th quarter. The next time I see him hold the ball at the top of the arc and let the shot clock run down before pulling up for a 30% shot I'm going to scream! Again!

• 1 month later...
I don't really know these players. Is this a fair trade?

Everyone on sports talk radio today can't figure out why the Rockets would do it. Maybe the GM knows something we don't. I don't follow them very closely, I haven't really heard of any of the players.

Everyone on sports talk radio today can't figure out why the Rockets would do it. Maybe the GM knows something we don't. I don't follow them very closely, I haven't really heard of any of the players.

I think they made a trade just to make a trade. Or maybe Rafer's mouth finally caught up to him.

Thanks for that NYtimes article posting, Lockmat. Long but good read.

Another Rockets article...

The NBA's Best Owner...With a financial windfall and a consistently winning team, the Houston Rockets' Leslie Alexander is tops.

That track record is why Alexander tops our list of the NBA's best owners. In the past six years, the Rockets have nearly doubled revenue, to $156 million from $80 million, helping grow the club's valuation to $469 million from $278 million in 2003--all while playing in a mid-sized market that falls in the NBA's bottom third in median income. On the court, the team has won 58% of its games over the past five seasons, while earning four playoff appearances.

Falling in just behind Alexander is San Antonio's Peter Holt (47% valuation growth and two titles since 2003), Detroit's William Davidson (69% valuation growth and a championship) and Miami's Mickey Arison (66% growth in one of the league's poorest markets, plus a title in 2006).

http://www.forbes.com/2008/12/03/nba-houst...3nbaowners.html

Another Rockets article...

The NBA's Best Owner...With a financial windfall and a consistently winning team, the Houston Rockets' Leslie Alexander is tops.

That track record is why Alexander tops our list of the NBA's best owners. In the past six years, the Rockets have nearly doubled revenue, to $156 million from $80 million, helping grow the club's valuation to $469 million from $278 million in 2003--all while playing in a mid-sized market that falls in the NBA's bottom third in median income. On the court, the team has won 58% of its games over the past five seasons, while earning four playoff appearances.

Falling in just behind Alexander is San Antonio's Peter Holt (47% valuation growth and two titles since 2003), Detroit's William Davidson (69% valuation growth and a championship) and Miami's Mickey Arison (66% growth in one of the league's poorest markets, plus a title in 2006).

http://www.forbes.com/2008/12/03/nba-houst...3nbaowners.html

AH! you beat me to it lockmat. pretty interesting article though

AH! you beat me to it lockmat. pretty interesting article though

;)

I'm sure Drayton would be up there for baseball too. I know fans hate to hear it, but he's done great (from what I've heard) as a business man running this team. No championship, but good business. Truthfully though, he's put us in the playoffs lots.

• 3 weeks later...
after watching Kyle Lowry since the trade, i must say i am pretty impressed and think the rockets made a good trade. he surely isnt afraid to sacrifice himself for the team and drive it to the hole when no one else is producing ^_^

Daryl Morey is a genius.

after watching Kyle Lowry since the trade, i must say i am pretty impressed and think the rockets made a good trade. he surely isnt afraid to sacrifice himself for the team and drive it to the hole when no one else is producing ^_^

I loved watching this guy at Villanova and I knew he would be a solid pickup. I think he's still getting better too.

• 5 weeks later...

What a crappy night.

4 hours ago, we had the potential for #2 in the west...

One shellacking by Dallas later, along with a a Michael Finley 3 ptr at the buzzer to send the Spurs game into OT, which they then won.. and we're now sitting at #4

A Portland win tonight will be the icing on the cake.... @#$@^$@#%@#$

So much for the Conf. Finals.... Looks like we'e gonna face LA in the 2nd round now.

Why is it so hard to be a Rox fan? We had a #2 or #3 seed in our hands, then we CHOKE and end up #5 and playing on the road. Now, even if (and that's a big IF) we can win our first playoff series in 10+years, we'll still get annihilated by the Lakers in round 2. We should have won last night which would have allowed us to avoid the Lakers in round 2, but no... we had to CHOKE.

This team could use about 20 more regular season games to prepare for the playoffs. This group hasn't had enough time together yet. I just want a first round win, is that too much to ask?

did anyone else notice that when the nuggets were playin the blazers that kenyon martin was laughing even when they were down by 30?

the dude didnt care neither did the nuggets care to try and win, they had the 2 seed locked up, why try?

eff the nuggets man, thats cheap. you play 82 games not 81 games. that really pissed me off

he wouldnt even gaurd his man, he walked around on the court lettin 3 point bombs rain on them. just sickening

i dont think anyone can front yao on the blazers

joel przybilla doesnt have enough strength to cover yao and yao has the ball on przybilla yao can bully his way to the basket

greg oden is a bigger guy than przybilla but oden doesnt have nearly enough experience to be a head to head competitor against yao. also oden makes sloppy fouls that get him into trouble. it isnt very effective yet, when playing a bigger player

Yao doesn't miss a shot,

Brooks plays like a premier point guard,

Artest doesn't hog the ball,

Battier is named captain of the 'All-Rambis' team,

Mutombo wags his finger after a block,

And Brent Barry dunks one like the old days.

SWEET!!! :D

Artest doesn't hog the ball

It was a great game, it was fun to watch.

But Ron was still taking some crazy shots.

And why are the Rox so bad year after year at defending the pick and roll? In closer games, I'm a little worried Roy is going to burn us.

Yao doesn't miss a shot,

Brooks plays like a premier point guard,

Artest doesn't hog the ball,

Battier is named captain of the 'All-Rambis' team,

Mutombo wags his finger after a block,

And Brent Barry dunks one like the old days.

SWEET!!! :D

I'm on board too, but I am nervous about how we play when everything doesn't go just right. We couldn't have played better than game 1 so be prepared for a closer game tonight.

I'm on board too, but I am nervous about how we play when everything doesn't go just right. We couldn't have played better than game 1 so be prepared for a closer game tonight.

I believe we play tomorrow night, Tuesday night. Mavs/Spurs play tonight as well as Bulls/ Celts