Dorsey can play backup C. He has the size and length.

joey dorsey is the same height as shane battier at 6'8 but has 40 pounds on him. in regards of him being a rookie i cant see him having any real sufficient impact off the bat as a backup center behind yao. i hope he might be able to in a year or two, we will just have to see.

i would definitely throw carl landry in at center if dikembe gets hurt as a back up. we know landry can hold his own. we saw that last season. dorsey will have to prove himself to me and houston before he gets to be second string or third string center.

this is no doubt our season to bring our baby back home to clutch city :rolleyes:

• 3 weeks later...

Went to the game and good grief, the constant music/noise during play is very annoying. Whoever thought that was a good idea was horribly wrong.

As for the game, it wasn't too exciting. Glad we won.

Oh yeah, some other things of note. The halftime show was pretty amazing. It was a guy who juggled onto a keyboard and played music. It doesn't make you jump out your seat, but it was crazy. Hopefully he's on youtube somewhere.

Also, the most entertaining non-basketball show was the squad that broke danced and did flips and stuff. It was very cool. Everything else was not very interesting. This ADD society we live in, ugh.

Edited by lockmat

Damn, they looked good. Sure there were the typical 2nd game mistakes, but I can really see what this team can be. Hell, in the 4th quarter TMac didn't even play the whole time, Scola didn't play, Alston didn't play, we won with Artest (the man), Yao, and Aaron Brooks (was supposed to be injured). If we can win with that group, then we should be able to beat anyone with our starters. BTW, we truly have a Big 3 now, Artest was awesome. No longer do we have to worry where points will come from. 3 options who can score 20+ night in night out. Wow, it feels good. PLEEZ stay healthy Rockets!

Damn, they looked good. Sure there were the typical 2nd game mistakes, but I can really see what this team can be. Hell, in the 4th quarter TMac didn't even play the whole time, Scola didn't play, Alston didn't play, we won with Artest (the man), Yao, and Aaron Brooks (was supposed to be injured). If we can win with that group, then we should be able to beat anyone with our starters. BTW, we truly have a Big 3 now, Artest was awesome. No longer do we have to worry where points will come from. 3 options who can score 20+ night in night out. Wow, it feels good. PLEEZ stay healthy Rockets!

yes, it is about health. just remember, battier is still out, so when he returns, it is going to get better. he is the kobe stopper!!! do we know if deke will return?

Edited by sifuwong

Did anyone see when Yao and Howard bumped each other and Artest came in to defend Yao? What did you guys think about that? It was pretty funny to me but at the same time you could obviously tell that Artest is trying to earn Yao's respect. Artest sure has looked dominant in the first two games though. Just think of when/if T-Mac gets healthier because he has shot a horrid 30% percent in the last two games....He is KILLING my fantasy team! :rolleyes:

From what the AP article said, Tracy played zero minutes in the fourth quarter. Not bad. So that 16 points in three quarters looks pretty good.

It's obvious Ron will be a big part of helping us get over the top, but I'm gonna call it now and say that Aaron Brooks will be the x-factor. The guy played with great confidence last night and he finished.

I went to the Grizzlies game and wasn't that excited, but last night changed that.

The Rockets were really good last night. If -- and that's a little word but oh so large -- the Rockets stay healthy, can you imagine how good they can become? I'm definitely pumped for this season. Artest was such a great addition to the team. Get Red!!! B)

They might be the second best team in the west right now, but I would love to see them trade a couple of their forwards for a decent back up center. They've got to reduce Yao's minutes during the regular season. They can't compete in the playoffs without a healthy Yao.

They might be the second best team in the west right now, but I would love to see them trade a couple of their forwards for a decent back up center. They've got to reduce Yao's minutes during the regular season. They can't compete in the playoffs without a healthy Yao.

Don't be surprised if Deke comes out of retirement later in the season.

Did anybody see the game last night? I am still in shock. I thought the rockets lost when roy hit his 1st buzzer beater then Yao cam with an amazing shoot with 2nd buzzer beater. (He should have missed the free throw) Then Roy shoot a deep three for the final buzzer beater all of this happened with 1.9 seconds left in the game.

Edited by Deut28Thirteen

Did anybody see the game last night? I am still in shock. I thought the rockets lost when roy hit his 1st buzzer beater then Yao cam with an amazing shoot with 2nd buzzer beater. (He should have missed the free throw) Then Roy shoot a deep three for the final buzzer beater all of this happened with 1.9 seconds left in the game.

I guess i can agree. but you have to think that if the blazers did get the yao rebound free throw that they would have called a time out then anyways. the rockets will make the playoffs regardless of that one game. we played horrible all game anyways, we deserved to lose that one.

Yea I think Shaq should definetly get suspended because he was weak pushing a pile of people not even looking at him(If his name is Ron Artest he would have!!!). I thought he should have been ejected also. Other than that it was good to see the refs get a hold of the situation, and good to see that these Rockets are not soft and will not take any ish from any one. I'm just glad Tmac began to hit his shot!!!

Can't believe we lost to the undermanned Spurs last night!

i honestly dont get it.we lose rafer for 2 games and during the rockets/spurs game they completely had no idea what to do. we have so much great talent but just a lack of direction.

aaron brooks needs to bust out and have a voice and confidence and take control when he is on the court. same goes for luther head.

we all know rafer alston is tough. the guy is always in and out of suspensions, court appointments. we know he can man his position. brooks and head need to grow more balls and voice.

i honestly dont get it.we lose rafer for 2 games and during the rockets/spurs game they completely had no idea what to do. we have so much great talent but just a lack of direction.

aaron brooks needs to bust out and have a voice and confidence and take control when he is on the court. same goes for luther head.

we all know rafer alston is tough. the guy is always in and out of suspensions, court appointments. we know he can man his position. brooks and head need to grow more balls and voice.

Brooks played a great defensive game against CP3 tonight. Heck, the Rockets played great tonight. I guess the question is which Rockets team will show up night in and night out.

• 2 weeks later...
Does anyone know anything about steve francis' issues or updates? im gettin pretty tired of wondering if he is ever goin to play anytime soon or what is goin on with him.

I know he had surgery some 8 months ago or something but this is crazy people.

It could be one of those 'knee' injuries just to keep him on the roster in case Rafer or Aaron goes down. I'm pretty sure he is healed up by now. It is nice to have a job paying you $5million to sit all day!

It could be one of those 'knee' injuries just to keep him on the roster in case Rafer or Aaron goes down. I'm pretty sure he is healed up by now. It is nice to have a job paying you $5million to sit all day!

its nice to see them finally start to get their act together, but id really like to see if francis still has what it takes to play, otherwise he is a waste of room on the roster to me