Sign in to follow this  
largeTEXAS

Hanover Rice Village

Wow it's looking really good. This definitely gives that part of the village a very different feeling.

img0563rv.jpg

img0560fb.jpg

img0559fy.jpg

• Like 1

Do you all think they will bury those powerlines?

They are only along the garage, but no they won't be buried.

Edited by kdog08

The weather and lighting was somewhat bad, here are some random updates by me:

Ashton @ Rice Village is one of my favorite projects and it's getting close to completion. 

8420506071_9df52177d5_b.jpg

IMAG0493 by dv1033, on Flickr

8421601902_e9bbbbf3e6_b.jpg

IMAG0494 by dv1033, on Flickr

Some mixed use

8421600068_52e3d5c02d_b.jpg

IMAG0499 by dv1033, on Flickr

New sidewalks

8421599646_80c3d37672_b.jpg

IMAG0500 by dv1033, on Flickr

8420503025_45f1375961_b.jpg

IMAG0501 by dv1033, on Flickr

Phase 2 would be at the far end on the left

8420502529_1f0d56eb90_b.jpg

IMAG0502 by dv1033, on Flickr

Bonus update:

Children Assessment Center (CAC) is where sexually abused children and their families go for haven and help is undergoing an expansion. It will consist of a parking garage (well underway) and about double the space. It across the street from the apartment complex. 

Construction site rendering

8420505161_1ca8b4b9d5_b.jpg

IMAG0495 by dv1033, on Flickr

8420504919_978b35c5ae_b.jpg

IMAG0496 by dv1033, on Flickr

8420504271_21cec72928_b.jpg

IMAG0498 by dv1033, on Flickr

8420501837_39df09888e_b.jpg

IMAG0504 by dv1033, on Flickr
  • Like 4

Does anyone know if Walgreens is going in the Hanover?

Initially, the Walgreens that was torn down was said to be going in to the new development but I haven't seen any signs that they plan to... I hate the CVS in the Village. It's a dump. Would love to be able to walk to a Walgreens.

Hanover has a terrible business model.

Didnt they get the memo from Ric Campo that apartments over ground floor retail will NEVER work in Houston? :rolleyes:

• Like 3

Hanover has a terrible business model.

Didnt they get the memo from Ric Campo that apartments over ground floor retail will NEVER work in Houston? :rolleyes:

This reminds me that when the Galleria first went up 'experts' said it would fail because Houstonians would never park in a garage to go shopping.

• Like 1

Hanover's about to release drawings of their 12-story towers next door. Lots of glass. They look nice, yet nothing too groundbreaking.

Any update on the release of these drawings?

Went to Zoe's today with a colleague and we were the 4th and 5th customer...lunch was at no charge!  Another coworker came back and I think that promotion is over, but it's still a great addition to the village and the food was yummy!

nothing fancy but fits the neighborhood and brings more density... always a positive imo.

• Like 1

The rendering lockmat posted last evening may look "cookie cutter" (compare to the complex in Rice Village) but as swtsig noted, that is not a bad thing in this case. Remember what it replaced and the scores of other apartments built around that same period. Almost invariably they were two or three story "neo-colonial" or "French chateau" garden apartments. They served many parts of the city well for about 40 years.

Obviously, the economics of multi-family construction dictate a more dense configuration these days and there is good in that as well. From this apartment one could reasonably walk to the Kroger or HEB at the corner of Bissonnet and Buffalo Speedway or the businesses around Kirby and Bissonnet. Just be careful crossing that intersection!

• Like 1

I hope this isn't a duplicate thread, but I noticed some construction at Bissonnet and Dincans which looked like an apartment. This block is very near Bissonnet and Kirby. Does anybody know anything about this?

post-3613-0-84804200-1372206465_thumb.jp

• Like 2

Isn't that the Hanover project?

You're right! I didn't find it because I don't think the text of the streets was written in the thread, only an image of the map. Anyways, I merged the topics and improved the title.

No, ZC designed that project for Randall Davis several years ago, when he controlled the site where the Hanover project now is.

• Like 1

No, ZC designed that project for Randall Davis several years ago, when he controlled the site where the Hanover project now is.

But why is ZC suddenly adding it to their website and also stating it will be done in two phases? Seems strange.

But why is ZC suddenly adding it to their website and also stating it will be done in two phases? Seems strange.

They have had it as part of their marketing material for a long time, maybe they added recently to the new website design.

Architects advertise their designs all the time, regardless of actual construction status. They should though update the copy and say the project was planned in two phases.

Edited by fernz