Now this is how I expect Rice Village to look! Look a little closer and you can see that it doesn't have parrallel parking it has front in parking.

Well the actual development doesn't (well on the left it looks like there is a car, but I can't tell if it is parked or mowing down pedestrians). Isn't that how some of the parking is now. Like on the south side of university.

• Like 1

Well the actual development doesn't (well on the left it looks like there is a car, but I can't tell if it is parked or mowing down pedestrians). Isn't that how some of the parking is now. Like on the south side of university.

Good eye, IceMan. On the left side of the drawing is a car parked head-in. On the right it shows the same thing. Blows citykid's theory right out of the water. :lol:

Good eye, IceMan. On the left side of the drawing is a car parked head-in. On the right it shows the same thing. Blows citykid's theory right out of the water. :lol:

What? Thats what I was saying. The parking goes straight in, in front of the buildings instead of parallel parking. So I was right. Is that what you were saying? That I was right?

This development looks like the stuff you would find on Rodeo Drive.

Edited by citykid09

Couple weeks ago, you were complaining about head-in parking. Now you like it. Which is it?

citykid's quote from Atlanta Station thread:

"Parallel parking looks much more urban to me than the type of parking they have in the Height, Sugarland townsquare, and The Rice Village.

Now you all can not tell me you would like to see those type of houses in Houston.

The truth hurts!"

Edited by RedScare

Couple weeks ago, you were complaining about head-in parking. Now you like it. Which is it?

citykid's quote from Atlanta Station thread:

"Parallel parking looks much more urban to me than the type of parking they have in the Height, Sugarland townsquare, and The Rice Village.

Now you all can not tell me you would like to see those type of houses in Houston.

The truth hurts!"

I wasn't saying I liked it, I was saying I was mad because it was that type of parking qand not parallel.

I can't place this yet, but a little poking around the Ziegler Cooper website I found this:

top_ZCA_home_page.jpg

It's from the top of their page, (apologies, I don't have a picture host/the will to crop it) to the right of the 2727 Kirby picture appears to be another rendering of the project...certain things match up.

Let me know if you agree.

Edited by SamHouston