Broadstone Museum District: Multifamily At 4641 Montrose Blvd.

1 minute ago, Fortune said:

Was the retail at this site successful? 

It was doing well while maintained but then the owner obviously wanted the place vacated so stopped maintaining and went downhill. (Not saying good or bad, just answering question)

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Houston19514 said:

I would say it always seemed to struggle.

That was the impression I always had about the retail at this site. I attended St . Thomas from '06 to '10 and I never stepped foot in the place or felt the need to.

What sucks is that row of food places and such just across the bridge just needs to hold on another year and then they'll have new people moving in here, the Allen Harrison place deeper in the museum area, and then the tower that will be opening just down the road. I know it will be hard though. 

Grand Prize will be busier than ever with this development, there goes our favorite hole in the wall. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, X.R. said:

What sucks is that row of food places and such just across the bridge just needs to hold on another year and then they'll have new people moving in here, the Allen Harrison place deeper in the museum area, and then the tower that will be opening just down the road. I know it will be hard though. 

Grand Prize will be busier than ever with this development, there goes our favorite hole in the wall. 

Did the opening of The Carter have a significant effect on Grand Prize’s business?

7 hours ago, X.R. said:

Kam’s AKA Bamboo has terrible food. No idea how they stay in business.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, clutchcity94 said:

Did the opening of The Carter have a significant effect on Grand Prize’s business?

Kam’s AKA Bamboo has terrible food. No idea how they stay in business.

I would say so, in relation to GP. Fridays and Saturdays it would get busier earlier, although during the week when I went its always been pretty lowkey even after. 

yeah a friend went to Bamboo thinking it was the Vietnamese place with the great peking duck (it is certainly not that place) and was like "uhhh this is v mediocre." But, I enjoy BB lemons hamburgers (tho they are temp closed) and Nippon is enjoyable. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, X.R. said:

I would say so, in relation to GP. Fridays and Saturdays it would get busier earlier, although during the week when I went its always been pretty lowkey even after. 

yeah a friend went to Bamboo thinking it was the Vietnamese place with the great peking duck (it is certainly not that place) and was like "uhhh this is v mediocre." But, I enjoy BB lemons hamburgers (tho they are temp closed) and Nippon is enjoyable. 

A Vietnamese place with great Peking Duck????   LOL

• Like 1

So is this building going to be 9 stories or 15? I’ve read conflicting reports. I’m willing to bet if this development ends up a success, we’ll see a similar development along the east side Montrose Blvd directly north of the bridge.  How’s that for symmetry?!

Edited by clutchcity94
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, clutchcity94 said:

So is this building going to be 9 stories or 15? I’ve read conflicting reports. I’m willing to bet if this development ends up a success, we’ll see a similar development along the east side Montrose Blvd directly north of the bridge.  How’s that for symmetry?!

9, for some reason it was downgraded in height.

yJxLXxR.png

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...