Jump to content

Broadstone Museum District: 9-Story Mid-Rise To Replace Chelsea Market


Recommended Posts

7 hours ago, X.R. said:

What sucks is that row of food places and such just across the bridge just needs to hold on another year and then they'll have new people moving in here, the Allen Harrison place deeper in the museum area, and then the tower that will be opening just down the road. I know it will be hard though. 

 

Grand Prize will be busier than ever with this development, there goes our favorite hole in the wall. 

Did the opening of The Carter have a significant effect on Grand Prize’s business?

7 hours ago, X.R. said:

What sucks is that row of food places and such just across the bridge just needs to hold on another year and then they'll have new people moving in here, the Allen Harrison place deeper in the museum area, and then the tower that will be opening just down the road. I know it will be hard though. 

 

Grand Prize will be busier than ever with this development, there goes our favorite hole in the wall. 

Kam’s AKA Bamboo has terrible food. No idea how they stay in business.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well I live right across from the site so at least my view wont be blocked (except by the crane for now  ).

Posted Images

14 hours ago, clutchcity94 said:

Did the opening of The Carter have a significant effect on Grand Prize’s business?

Kam’s AKA Bamboo has terrible food. No idea how they stay in business.

 

I would say so, in relation to GP. Fridays and Saturdays it would get busier earlier, although during the week when I went its always been pretty lowkey even after. 

 

yeah a friend went to Bamboo thinking it was the Vietnamese place with the great peking duck (it is certainly not that place) and was like "uhhh this is v mediocre." But, I enjoy BB lemons hamburgers (tho they are temp closed) and Nippon is enjoyable. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, X.R. said:

 

I would say so, in relation to GP. Fridays and Saturdays it would get busier earlier, although during the week when I went its always been pretty lowkey even after. 

 

yeah a friend went to Bamboo thinking it was the Vietnamese place with the great peking duck (it is certainly not that place) and was like "uhhh this is v mediocre." But, I enjoy BB lemons hamburgers (tho they are temp closed) and Nippon is enjoyable. 

 

A Vietnamese place with great Peking Duck????   LOL

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

So is this building going to be 9 stories or 15? I’ve read conflicting reports. I’m willing to bet if this development ends up a success, we’ll see a similar development along the east side Montrose Blvd directly north of the bridge.  How’s that for symmetry?!

Edited by clutchcity94
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, clutchcity94 said:

So is this building going to be 9 stories or 15? I’ve read conflicting reports. I’m willing to bet if this development ends up a success, we’ll see a similar development along the east side Montrose Blvd directly north of the bridge.  How’s that for symmetry?!

9, for some reason it was downgraded in height.

yJxLXxR.png

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Highrise Tower changed the title to Broadstone Museum District: 9-Story Mid-Rise to Replace Chelsea Market
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

 Chelsea street was closed between Montrose Blvd. and Louisiana St due to a gas leak. The odor was very strong as I rode around the block. Nothing had blown up and Centerpoint, HFD, and HPD were all working to keep people out and fix the problem. I was told the leak was not in the new construction but in the townhomes or Joy School area just across the street.

XFO5w7y.jpg

NXw4TER.jpg

  • Like 6
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Highrise Tower changed the title to Broadstone Museum District: 9-Story Mid-Rise To Replace Chelsea Market
On 1/29/2021 at 6:09 PM, clutchcity94 said:

This actually isn’t a bad looking building. I dig it.

For real. The two/three tone stone looks great from the highway, and those balconies look nice from the street. I had low expectations, for some reason, but this looks like a good addition.

Also, check that rendering, museum district has to be nearing some heightened (for Houston) amount of density, right? You'd think at some point it would start to attract some kind of retail or something. 

On 1/2/2021 at 10:47 PM, ErickEdgar said:

Chelsea Museum District appears to be the official name. New renderings uploaded to Google a few days ago

09DEB484-964C-48F4-A17B-597985B7B757.jpeg

 

  • Like 6
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, X.R. said:

For real. The two/three tone stone looks great from the highway, and those balconies look nice from the street. I had low expectations, for some reason, but this looks like a good addition.

Also, check that rendering, museum district has to be nearing some heightened (for Houston) amount of density, right? You'd think at some point it would start to attract some kind of retail or something. 

 

My guess is the next spot in this pocket to densify is the vacant 35,000 square ft lot just across the highway at 4503 Montrose.

Since the office building plan for that lot never panned out about 7 years ago, my guess it will be residential with GFR.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, clutchcity94 said:

My guess is the next spot in this pocket to densify is the vacant 35,000 square ft lot just across the highway at 4503 Montrose.

Since the office building plan for that lot never panned out about 7 years ago, my guess it will be residential with GFR.

I'll guess it is the Christian Science churchthat was sold a block or two from here.

I saw you commented on the thread, but I'll link it here for others:

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...



×
×
  • Create New...