Home At 59 Tiel Way

MidtownCoog

I think I found my next house:

One of City's finest Mid-century Modern homes designed 1950 by Karl Kamrath, Houston's own Frank Lloyd Wright. Reminiscent of Wright's famous house Falling Water, the house takes advantage of its secluded, graceful, natural terrain & cantilevers with an approx. 2,200 sq. ft. deck over ravine w/stream. Extensively restored & updated in 2000. Original built-in furniture! Original cedar exterior & built-in furniture. Glass window walls, dry & wet saunas, putting green, hot tub, fire pit & more!

http://www.har.com/853143

http://harpictures.marketlinx.com/MediaDisplay/86/hr1464486-1.jpg

• Like 1

Yep, my favorite house in houston. Lose the putting green and it would be perfect. It used to be going for 1.7m, at 1.575 I'll have to ponder it again (guffaw!)... Unfortunately I think just the taxes on that place would break me.

(there was a good amount of enron memorabilia laying around when I did the walk through... made me stop and think) ;)

edited for finger tax

Edited by Lowbrow

Wow! This house has been on the market since the McKee and Kamrath tour! Guess it's just too expensive for anyone who loves this kind of home and doesn't already have one...

Well, I had heard that when you sell a house you should take down any animals or animal heads from the walls. I distinctly remember a marlin or something like that in this house. Maybe that's the reason it hasn't sold?

Jason

I think I found my next house:

One of City's finest Mid-century Modern homes designed 1950 by Karl Kamrath, Houston's own Frank Lloyd Wright. Reminiscent of Wright's famous house Falling Water, the house takes advantage of its secluded, graceful, natural terrain & cantilevers with an approx. 2,200 sq. ft. deck over ravine w/stream. Extensively restored & updated in 2000. Original built-in furniture! Original cedar exterior & built-in furniture. Glass window walls, dry & wet saunas, putting green, hot tub, fire pit & more!

http://www.har.com/853143

hr1464486-1.jpg

• 1 year later...

Wow! Old post. This house was for sale for years, I wonder if it sold or if they gave up. In many other cities this house would have only been on the market for days. A cantilevered modern house on a wooded lot with a recognized architect...hello, Houston. I'm going through a phase of being somewhat obsessed with Mackie-Kamrath again. I do this every few years. Hopefully 59 Tiel Way is in good hands.

Wow! Old post. This house was for sale for years, I wonder if it sold or if they gave up. In many other cities this house would have only been on the market for days. A cantilevered modern house on a wooded lot with a recognized architect...hello, Houston. I'm going through a phase of being somewhat obsessed with Mackie-Kamrath again. I do this every few years. Hopefully 59 Tiel Way is in good hands.

It seems like it got down to 1.5M before it expired. That was months ago though.

flipper

• The title was changed to Home At 59 Tiel Way