LBC2HTX

6 hours ago, CrockpotandGravel said:

t956sZF.jpg

I really like this rendering. The central part with the "Bowling" sign and turquoise colored tile (perhaps) along withe the low, flat roofed canopy honors the mid-century modern aesthetic of many of the residential and institutional buildings in the Braes Heights and Bellaire neighborhoods but the colors and textures of the adjacent elements let us know this is a 21st century building and not a trite copy of something from a by-gone era. That said, I wouldn't mind seeing an animated neon sign (could be LED now I suppose) with a bowling ball "striking" some pins causing them to tumble. :)

• 2 months later...
3 hours ago, CrockpotandGravel said:

Another rendering posted to the website for Southside Commons, the mixed-used development replacing Palace Bowling Lanes, 4191 Bellaire Blvd, Houston.

WTEAwcUr.jpg

So, hipster dude doesn't know to wash his hands after going potty (judging by his apparent path - or perhaps he's just weaving)?  Gross.

1 hour ago, mollusk said:

So, hipster dude doesn't know to wash his hands after going potty (judging by his apparent path - or perhaps he's just weaving)?  Gross.

Guessing that Beardo Fedora von Skinnyjeans is headed toward, not away from, urinals next to the stalls. This would put the POV of the rendering at the door, facing into the restroom. 

That said, after having worked with a couple of folks in the past that seemed mystified as to the presence of sinks in public restrooms, one should never entirely discount people's capacity for being filthy. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
On 9/11/2018 at 12:36 PM, CrockpotandGravel said:

“Out of all of the uses our team explored during the redevelopment process, the best, and not necessarily most economical, was to preserve the building"

They have beyond gutted it, there is almost nothing left of the original building. Hard to get a pic with the fencing up, but it appears like there are just a few vertical posts left. Anyone have details on the latest plan for this? Did something change?

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Originally posted September 11, 2018 in this thread before all of my content were removed from the entire forum earlier this month. Reposting this throws off the flow of the thread (i.e. out of order),  still, it may be helpful for visitors to see what was previously discussed or shared before.

From Houston Chronicle on new mixed-use Southside Commons replacing Palace Bowling Lanes at 4191 Bellaire Blvd.

The shuttered Palace Bowling Lanes will be redeveloped into a family entertainment and office project named Southside Commons, the developer announced.

And yes, there will still be bowling.

Triple Crown Investments, a real estate investment, redevelopment and acquisition firm, will modernize the two-story, 1955 building, with entertainment, restaurant and retail space on the ground level with office and medical office space above.

“Out of all of the uses our team explored during the redevelopment process, the best, and not necessarily most economical, was to preserve the building and bring back family entertainment and other amenities that the community so desires,” Triple Crown Investments managing partner John Morton said in a statement.

Design architect Michael Hsu and architect of record Tramonte + Johnson Architects have been tapped to revitalize the property, which sits on 2.5 acres at 4191 Bellaire Blvd. in Southside Place. Opening is planned in summer of 2019.

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/business/real-estate/article/Palace-Bowling-Lanes-to-be-revived-as-Southside-13218210.php

Originally posted September 11, 2018 in this thread before all of my content were removed from the entire forum earlier this month. Reposting this throws off the flow of the thread (i.e. out of order),  still, it may be helpful for visitors to see what was previously discussed or shared before.

Photos from Houston Chronicle of Palace Bowling Lanes at 4191 Bellaire Blvd, soon to be new mixed-use Southside Commons in Houston

jpoh83b.jpg

C3uHCCB.jpg

HY4byZQ.jpg

Renderings of new mixed-use Southside Commons replacing Palace Bowling Lanes at 4191 Bellaire Blvd.

Images are from the website for Southside Commons.

https://www.southside-commons.com/

Logo:
QMBnmaX.jpg

t956sZF.jpg

mScroJi.jpg

Originally posted November 17, 2018 in this thread before all of my content were removed from the entire forum earlier this month. Reposting this throws off the flow of the thread (i.e. out of order),  still, it may be helpful for visitors to see what was previously discussed or shared before.

Another rendering posted to the website for Southside Commons, the mixed-used development replacing Palace Bowling Lanes, 4191 Bellaire Blvd, Houston.

WTEAwcU.jpg

Originally posted November 17, 2018 in this thread before all of my content were removed from the entire forum earlier this month. Reposting this throws off the flow of the thread (i.e. out of order),  still, it may be helpful for visitors to see what was previously discussed or shared before.

Timelapse of construction of Southside Commons, the mixed-used development replacing Palace Bowling Lanes, 4191 Bellaire Blvd, Houston.

https://app.oxblue.com/open/palace/lanes

Originally posted July 11, 2019 in this thread before all of my content were removed from the entire forum earlier this month. Reposting this throws off the flow of the thread (i.e. out of order),  still, it may be helpful for visitors to see what was previously discussed or shared before.

A Q&A with Triple Crown Investments' John Morton about Southside Commons, the Palace Bowling Lanes redevelopment,. This is from Houston Business Journal, September 2018 (paywall article)

What kind of vibe are you looking to deliver with this project?

We want to create an environment that the neighborhood and the residents of Bellaire, Meyerland, West U (and others) see as an asset to those communities. We’re going to listen to the community. (We're) going to really ask our neighbors, 'What wold you like to see here?' and match that with the demand in the market.

(The restaurant) will probably not (be) white tablecloth. It'll (bring) a more casual, neighborhood feel. The medical users are going to be groups that are likely coming out of the Texas Medical Center who want some separation but want to be close to the medical center. The office (space) will be boutique in nature. 

We’re really trying to cater to what will bring it the most demand, and a lot of feedback from the local community is that (they) don’t have enough restaurants.

What kind of homages do you want to pay to the old Palace Bowling Lanes?

There will be more to come on that.

https://www.bizjournals.com/houston/news/2018/09/11/palace-bowling-lanes-redeveloper-there-was-a-lot.html

Originally posted July 11, 2019 in this thread before all of my content were removed from the entire forum earlier this month. Reposting this throws off the flow of the thread (i.e. out of order),  still, it may be helpful for visitors to see what was previously discussed or shared before.

On 9/10/2018 at 8:44 PM, Specwriter said:

But will there still be bowling lanes? Please say yes. I have missed those since Palace Lanes closed in 2016.

On 9/11/2018 at 12:36 PM, CrockpotandGravel said:

From Houston Chronicle on new mixed-use Southside Commons replacing Palace Bowling Lanes at 4191 Bellaire Blvd.

The shuttered Palace Bowling Lanes will be redeveloped into a family entertainment and office project named Southside Commons, the developer announced.

And yes, there will still be bowling.

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/business/real-estate/article/Palace-Bowling-Lanes-to-be-revived-as-Southside-13218210.php

The name of the bowling alley at Southside Commons will be slightly the same as Palace Bowling Lanes. This is the homage Triple Crown Investments' John Morton teased in his Q&A with Houston Business Journal last fall.

The bowling alley's name is Palace Bowl & Social at 4189 Bellaire Blvd in Houston.

A DBA for Palace Bowl & Social was filed last month and a domain created in April by 4189 Partners, LP.

http://www.palacebowlandsocial.com

Originally posted July 12, 2019 in this thread before all of my content were removed from the entire forum earlier this month. Reposting this throws off the flow of the thread (i.e. out of order),  still, it may be helpful for visitors to see what was previously discussed or shared before.

On 7/11/2019 at 5:01 PM, mollusk said:

Bowl & Social seems redundant somehow.

It is but those are the trendy and buzzy words being used these days for bowling alleys. 

Originally posted July 12, 2019 in this thread before all of my content were removed from the entire forum earlier this month. Reposting this throws off the flow of the thread (i.e. out of order),  still, it may be helpful for visitors to see what was previously discussed or shared before.

Construction photo of Southside Commons, the mixed-used development replacing Palace Bowling Lanes, 4191 Bellaire Blvd or 4189 Bellaire Blvd, Houston.

This is a screenshot taken yesterday morning from their construction live feed.

Zy23PIS.jpg

On 7/11/2019 at 3:58 PM, CrockpotandGravel said:

The name of the bowling alley at Southside Commons will be slightly the same as Palace Bowling Lanes.

The bowling alley's name is Palace Bowl & Social at 4189 Bellaire Blvd in Houston.

A DBA for Palace Bowl & Social was filed last month and a domain created in April by 4189 Partners, LP.

More on the bowling alley or bowling lanes named Palace Bowl & Social. This is the updated version of Palace Bowling Lanes ( 4191 Bellaire Blvd) that is part of the new development Southside Commons replacing the Palace Bowling Lanes building at 4189 Bellaire Blvd.

From a logo design contest in April:

I am looking for a cool logo design for the rejuvenation and resurrection of an old bowling alley. We are redeveloping a bowling alley into a boutique bowling center that will focus on family, food, and fun. While bowling is a primary attraction, our center will have a large social lounge as well as an arcade of games, including eSports, sport simulators, and table games. Our primary audience is families (especially the adults), so I want our logo to be sophisticated (not child-like) yet fun (at the end of the day, it is an entertainment center).

ZIqRFgp.png

Originally posted July 20, 2019 in this thread before all of my content were removed from the entire forum earlier this month. Reposting this throws off the flow of the thread (i.e. out of order),  still, it may be helpful for visitors to see what was previously discussed or shared before.

Construction photo of Southside Commons, the mixed-used development replacing Palace Bowling Lanes, 4191 Bellaire Blvd or 4189 Bellaire Blvd, Houston.

This is a screenshot taken this morning from their construction live feed. The shot shows that a part of a second floor went up this week.

KBY9J9n.jpg

hdmvLDh.jpg

Originally posted July 28, 2019 in this thread before all of my content were removed from the entire forum earlier this month. Reposting this throws off the flow of the thread (i.e. out of order),  still, it may be helpful for visitors to see what was previously discussed or shared before.

This is a screenshot taken yesterday afternoon from their construction live feed.

XHUfS5X.jpg

Originally posted July 28, 2019 in this thread before all of my content were removed from the entire forum earlier this month. Reposting this throws off the flow of the thread (i.e. out of order),  still, it may be helpful for visitors to see what was previously discussed or shared before.

On 7/11/2019 at 3:58 PM, CrockpotandGravel said:

The name of the bowling alley at Southside Commons will be slightly the same as Palace Bowling Lanes. This is the homage Triple Crown Investments' John Morton teased in his Q&A with Houston Business Journal last fall.

The website for the bowling alley / bowling lanes Palace Bowl & Social is partially up.

Palace Bowl & Social is the updated version of Palace Bowling Lanes ( 4191 Bellaire Blvd). This is part of the new development Southside Commons replacing the Palace Bowling Lanes building at 4189 Bellaire Blvd in Houston.

Also last month, Houston Methodist signed on as a tenant at Southside Commons.

Here is the announcement from Colliers International:

Houston Methodist Hospital 
Tenant Representation 
15,000 square Feet 
Southside Commons 
4191 Bellaire Boulevard 
Houston, Texas 77025 

Cov Davidson of Colliers International I Houston represented Houston Methodist Hospital in a office lease  of 15,000 square feet for clinical use at Southside Commons located at 4191 Bellaire Boulevard in  Houston, Texas. 

http://www.coydavidson.com/houston-methodist-hospital-southside-commons/