What Does Haif Think Of This?

I was approached at my work by a coworker. He says he's made some $ but I don't know if it's a good idea. Apparently:

"This is a unique paid autosurf program and traffic exchange poised to revenue and powerful advertising opportunities to its members. Our upgraded members earn money for viewing the websites owned and/or promoted by other online professionals."

I dont know about all this. I've seen other programs similiar to this and most have gone bellyup. The choice of payment processing seems a little shady as I've never really heard of either of the choices.

What do you think? $6 is not alot.

Back in the 90's there were a few of these programs that paid. I even got a $200 Sharper Image gift certificate from one. But it's been years and years since any of these were taken seriously. All the reputable ones went out of business. The ones that remained were the scam artists. I say run, and don't look back.

• 2 years later...
Back in the 90's there were a few of these programs that paid. I even got a $200 Sharper Image gift certificate from one. But it's been years and years since any of these were taken seriously. All the reputable ones went out of business. The ones that remained were the scam artists. I say run, and don't look back.

I hope you used your Sharper Image gift card since then.

On Tuesday, February 19, 2008, The Sharper Image commenced a case under Chapter 11 of the Bankruptcy Code in the United States Bankruptcy Court for the District of Delaware.

On Friday, May 30, 2008, substantially all of the assets of The Sharper Image were sold to a joint venture formed among (i) Gordon Brothers Retail Partners, LLC, (ii) GB Brands, LLC, (iii) Hilco Merchant Resources, LLC, and (iv) Hilco Consumer Capital, LLC. All inventory assets in the stores are now owned and managed by Hilco Capital and Gordon Brothers. A store closing liquidation sale was commenced by the joint venture on Saturday, May 31, 2008.

GIFT CARDS/CERTIFICATES, MERCHANDISE CERTIFICATES AND RETURNS:

The Sharper Image is no longer able to accept Gift Cards, Gift Certificates, Merchandise Certificates or Rewards Certificates as a form of payment. In addition, returns of merchandise are no longer accepted.

A customer who has a Gift Card, Gift Certificate, Merchandise Certificate, Rewards Certificate or wants to return a purchase that was made within the last 60 days prior to May 31, 2008 may file a claim in Sharper Image's bankruptcy case.

Information about filing a claim and claim forms can be obtained on the following website: http://www.kccllc.net/sharperimage.

Click on "proof of claim form" at the top of the page for the form that must be filed with The Bankruptcy Court.

A customer who previously purchased a Replacement Guarantee or Service Guarantee with a product may contact N.E.W. Customer Service Company at 1-866-686-2463 to obtain service or replacement of their product if it should become defective.

Thank you for your patience, we look forward to a new direction for The Sharper Image.

Regards,

TSI customer Support

They previously allowed usage while in bankruptcy as long as you spend twice the amount from the card.

Now, you can't even use it.

WOW ! Illinois must really be struggling to find historical landmarks these days ? :huh:

Aside from the '20s, a president, and a crappy church, and a president that won't do much, there isn't much to IL.

<runs from ed>

Archived