Houston Mod Event Thursday Nov. 10 '05

stolitx

It can't possibly be happening. It's not on the calendar.

It may not be on the calendar, but I got an evite last month and a reminder email today. Here's the info from the evite I got:

Host: Houston Mod

3221 Milam, 2nd Floor, Houston, TX View Map

When: Thursday, November 10, 6:00pm to 9:00pm

Phone: (713) 444-1714

The board members of Houston Mod invite you to join us for cocktails, snacks, and conversations about the mod movement while lounging in mod furniture provided by Retropolitan Ballroom.

Retropolitan Ballroom is full of available mod furnishings you can take a test lounge in, so bring your tape measure and mod shopping list.

Additionally, the shops Lackey-Prince, Metro Modern and Era located on the first floor will be staying open late so modsters can get their mid-century furniture fix.

Special thanks to Tara Pogue (www.retrohouston.com) for hosting this event.

Yummy thanks to Jenni's Noodle House and Just Lunch and Catering for providing snacks.

www.houstonmod.org

***Parking is available on the north side of the building at the southeast corner of Elgin and Milam and in the parking lot at the corner of Travis and Stuart***

It may not be on the calendar, but I got an evite last month and a reminder email today. Here's the info from the evite I got:

That was supposed to be my way of encouraging people to add events to the calendar.

I guess it didn't work. :(

That was supposed to be my way of encouraging people to add events to the calendar.

I guess it didn't work. :(

Sorry Ed, I thought you meant the HoustonMod calendar.

It's not on their calendar either as an event. But I would think any member could call to rsvp.

It was very nice! I would love to see that become a quarterly event or "a little more often" event. Thanks to all that put in the work to make it happen! I saw a few items that might make their way to my home. Retropolitan shows that you don't have to break the bank to get a nice look.

Jason

Ok who was there?

I was there and even bought a piece of furniture for my dining room.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived