Jensen And Navigation Blvd. Roundabout

• The title was changed to Jensen And Navigation Blvd. Roundabout
  • 2 months later...

Can't wait for this to be done, hopefully this works as intended and we can get some more roundabouts at some of the other annoying/unsafe intersections out there. Looking at you, Main/Studewood/Cavalcade.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, TXK said:

Can't wait for this to be done, hopefully this works as intended and we can get some more roundabouts at some of the other annoying/unsafe intersections out there. Looking at you, Main/Studewood/Cavalcade.

I was surprised to learn recently that there are more than 900 roundabouts in the United States. 

In the 70's i remember New Jersey had three massive ones all in a row on Route 23.  They were maybe four or five lanes wide. Eventually they were replaced by full overpasses. But i always find it strange that people on the internet claim there are no roundabouts in America. I guess they never leave their mom's basements. 

15 minutes ago, hindesky said:

I know of 4 in the greater Houston area.

1. Main St. at Montrose Blvd.

2. Washington Ave. at Wescott St.

3. South side of the Washburn Tunnel.

4. North side of the Washburn Tunnel.

There aren't very many inside the 610 Loop (only 5 of them), but there are plenty in the Houston area.  You can import the attached KML file into Google Earth to get the location of all the roundabouts in Texas.  There seem to be well over 100 in the Houston area alone, with a large concentration in a neighborhood in Cypress.

roundabouts.jpg

roundabout_export_9_23_2022.kml

• Thanks 1

that one car that was illegally parked in the middle of the crosswalk got lucky!

I wonder if the police that showed up issued him a citation?

"Good news! you didn't get hit by a boulder, but you are being hit with a parking violation!"

Care Bears Thumbs Up GIF by Boomerang Official

• Haha 1

On 9/23/2022 at 3:48 PM, JBTX said:

The double roundabouts off i45 and 1375 en route to Sam Houston National Forest are always a trip. They are just so random and seemingly out of place. Love em.

There's one on Buffalo speedway that isn't even an intersection. Just...a roundabout. For funzies.

On 9/25/2022 at 10:50 AM, cspwal said:

Until people run the roundabouts using lifted trucks through the middle

Wait until they come across a Diverging Diamond.

I've run across a few of these in the last ten years, and they're always startling to me.

I haven't seen any in my — admittedly limited — Houston travels yet.

9 hours ago, editor said:

Wait until they come across a Diverging Diamond.

I've run across a few of these in the last ten years, and they're always startling to me.

I haven't seen any in my — admittedly limited — Houston travels yet.

In Lexington the circle highway has maybe 12 major interchanges, and there’s a diverging diamond, a single point urban interchange (SPUI), a cloverleaf, a 3 level stack, 4 normal exit ramps, and a bunch of traffic lights

incidentally, the Kentucky traffic engineering school is located at UK right there

• Like 1