Several Blocks Slated For Development Near Sampson & York St.

On 7/14/2020 at 12:50 PM, ljchou said:

I am also confused by this breakdown of land. Specifically on the right-hand block. Can someone explain why the land division isn't simply rectangular?

To add to thedistrict84's comment, I usually hear the lots with lil' nubs referred to as "flag lots." Houston townhome flag lots are usually along shared driveways and give each driveway-user ownership of equal portions of the shared space (all users share the tax burden, etc.). In rural areas with limited road access, flag lots are created to prevent extremely narrow subdivision lots, providing all landowners driveway access to the public road and allowing better lot proportions.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I saw a (very small) piece of construction equipment present here, at the lot on the southeast corner of Sherman and Sampson. Hopefully it’s a sign that this is about to get going?

(Although it is InTown Homes after all, they like to take their sweet time)

• Like 2

On 5/1/2021 at 9:53 PM, thedistrict84 said:

I saw a (very small) piece of construction equipment present here, at the lot on the southeast corner of Sherman and Sampson. Hopefully it’s a sign that this is about to get going?

(Although it is InTown Homes after all, they like to take their sweet time)

I saw they’ve applied for waste water applications on this block, the one to the east and at the old Rex supply building. Could mean good things as it seems that’s the first step prior to building permits. Sending the universe some building pmt vibes this week.

• Like 2

• The title was changed to Several Blocks Slated For Development Near Sampson/York
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 6/30/2021 at 9:39 AM, ljchou said:

A ton of Waste Water application permits were just submitted for all of these lots. Also for 3829 Harrisburg. I'm hoping this means IntownHomes is *finally* spinning up production here.

Intown is wrapping up their development off Canal and N. St. Charles right now, so I would believe it.

On 7/23/2021 at 7:15 PM, JBTX said:

Intown is wrapping up their development off Canal and N. St. Charles right now, so I would believe it.

They submitted WW permits for the lots at Harrisburg and Milby just to turn around and list it for sale so hopefully they follow through on the residential development.

On 7/23/2021 at 7:15 PM, JBTX said:

There are still a bunch of individual home sites in that development that haven’t broken ground, especially along Commerce. They’re going to be working on those for quite a while. I’m not sure “wrapping up” is the best way to categorize their progress.

2 hours ago, thedistrict84 said:

There are still a bunch of individual home sites in that development that haven’t broken ground, especially along Commerce. They’re going to be working on those for quite a while. I’m not sure “wrapping up” is the best way to categorize their progress.

My understanding that InTown was building a few of those and another developer was handing the rest. Otherwise, the fencing between lots doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

I could be wrong though.

2 hours ago, JBTX said:

My understanding that InTown was building a few of those and another developer was handing the rest. Otherwise, the fencing between lots doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

I could be wrong though.

I walk by this site often. I’m fairly certain that the sign fronting Commerce mentions InTown as well.

I think the fence is just a practical result of the layout of the two sections. The section fronting Canal is organized along a single “L” drive due to the corner lots which aren’t part of the development, whereas the part along Commerce has a series of lateral drives perpendicular to a main drive. Homes on both sides back up to the fence.

I thought it was initially divided by phases, but they’ve built homes on both sides of the fence—and many lots on both sides have not broken ground.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, thedistrict84 said:

I walk by this site often. I’m fairly certain that the sign fronting Commerce mentions InTown as well.

I think the fence is just a practical result of the layout of the two sections. The section fronting Canal is organized along a single “L” drive due to the corner lots which aren’t part of the development, whereas the part along Commerce has a series of lateral drives perpendicular to a main drive. Homes on both sides back up to the fence.

I thought it was initially divided by phases, but they’ve built homes on both sides of the fence—and many lots on both sides have not broken ground.

They have unbuilt homes for sale already, too. Specifically those facing commerce.

• 7 months later...
  • The title was changed to Several Blocks Slated For Development Near Sampson & York St.
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 6 months later...