New Dallas Hotel To Rise

Guest nefarious

Guest nefarious

sheratonmarketplace0aj.jpg

The Dallas Market Corridor, just upwind from the booming UPTOWN, DOWNTOWN and VICTORY developments is seeing some spill of its own into its dormant construction status. Starwood is teaming with Trammel Crow which is digging down and giving up a surface parking lot adjacent to the spectacular INFOMART to build a new luxury hotel under the Sheraton flag. The simple, slender and somewhat typical high-rise design will be offset by extraordinary height. Sheraton Marketplace Tower will soar to 38 floors and be sandwiched canal side between the INFOMART and the WORLD TRADE CENTER. The Marketplace Sheraton join the ranks of luxe pads to stay in such as W, RITZ CARLTON, MANDARIN ORIENTAL and HOTEL PALOMAR.

Guest nefarious

What a bunch of negative nancies. Starwood offers pre-formed design/build packages that are cookie cutter development tools for franchise ownership. You enter into contract, pic your brand flag and choose your style of hotel, luxury, small business, high-rise...what ever. You can then work with them to customize the way you want.

You would think you all would be aware of boring cookie cutter/design build processes. Especially since most of you are from Houston! One hotel plan might be considered for Tucson AZ and the same could be considered for Seattle WA. In this case, Dallas.

starwood1fz.jpg

^ Probably because he's "nefarious".

I like your little logo thing you got going on there. How did you do it?

What a bunch of negative nancies. Starwood offers pre-formed design/build packages that are cookie cutter development tools for franchise ownership. You enter into contract, pic your brand flag and choose your style of hotel, luxury, small business, high-rise...what ever. You can then work with them to customize the way you want.

You would think you all would be aware of boring cookie cutter/design build processes. Especially since most of you are from Houston! One hotel plan might be considered for Tucson AZ and the same could be considered for Seattle WA. In this case, Dallas.

Seems peculiar that a Google search for "Sheraton Marketplace Tower" turns up nothing.

Unless a reliable link can be provided, this appears to be another nonsensical internet spoof.

• 3 weeks later...

Ok, nefarious/rosewood.

Your obviously the same guy who photoshoped buildings (infact, 2 I remembered, you made your own) for not only Houston, but Dallas now. Its not fun to lie, expecially when we all know. I highly doubt they would build this exacty same Hotel for Dallas, simply because it too big and too tall to be simply a "cookie cutter". Its cool that you make your own things, but don't showcase them as actual proposals, that will get you banned. Make your own thread in the "Off-topic" and say "Hey, I made some cool buildings, I want to share them." Why lie? And I'm sure the Trillion Tower you made had alot of copywrites on it, expecially from the big company logos you put on it. And not to mention the design, its not yours...

And I love how you photoshopped "Market Place" in your excuse for a proposal. Seriously, get a life, please...

Is there any way to shut down these hoaxes? Rumors and speculation are one thing, but something as falsely contrived as this seems to be should be removed from the discussion.

Perhaps it would be interesting to move such items to a "skeptical" thread to see how many prove to be true.

Archived