What Happened To The Coffee Guy

does anyone know what happened to the coffee guy coffee shop right at the corner of hwy 6 and i10? i passed there this weekend and it looks abandoned.

this was one of the truly hip places on the west end/katy area that had a nice smokeless environment, good kolaches and teas, and free wireless internet access, without having to head downtown or the village area.

please tell me they are not out of business?

I think a little matter of The Hwy.6 construction, and the fact that Starbucks is going in right there at Memorial, might have something to do with it.

damn, damn, damn! (said in the immortal fashion of florida evans on tv's good times)

i really liked that place and really do not care for starbucks --yeah, i noticed that it appears to be open or soon to open.

They had to close down because of the Highway 6 expansion. The street will actually come right up to where the front of the Coffee Guy counter used to be. They will re-open in December with (I think) four locations. One in Memorial City mall right by the skating rink, one at Briar Forest and the Tollway, one at Kuykendahl and 235983 (or whatever...some totally different part of town) and one at some other westside location.

I'm guessing they were partially bought by an outside company, and that's how they have all of the money available to expand like that. I hope they are able to keep the same ambience and personnel that made it fun to visit.

That Starbuck's down at Memorial really sucks, they don't have anything good and there's no tv or computer.

• 3 months later...
one at Kuykendahl and 235983 (or whatever...some totally different part of town)

Actually, it's Kuykendahl and F.M. 2920. They're finishing their build-out now, and should be open in March. We're looking forward to having them open in this area of Northwest Harris County in Spring. :D

• 1 month later...
  • The title was changed to What Happened To The Coffee Guy

Archived