Midtown Collection: Retail Center At 2101 Smith St.

midtownguy

It looks as though the "patio" will be enclosed. I am disappointed to see this. The billboard pic looked as though Starbucks & Quiznos would share an outdoor seating area. =(

In a city like Houston it should be mandatory that restaurants and cafes have outdoor seating areas. It's done great things for other cities.

I guess the Houston equivalent is all the people sitting in their cars in the Sonic parking lot.

Of course, they had to add nipples, undermining the message of the graphic and showing the creator to be nothing more than a childish fool. Way to blow your credibility.

$6 bucks a day for coffee, Jeeeeeez! Stop by Exxon on your way to work if you NEED a coffee, and take the $4.50 you just saved and send it to a starving child. :wacko:

I can photoshop the logo for you editor ? :D

$6 bucks a day for coffee, Jeeeeeez! Stop by Exxon on your way to work if you NEED a coffee, and take the $4.50 you just saved and send it to a starving child. :wacko:

Why would you spend $6 a day at Starbucks? Are you getting a sandwich, too?

I spend $1.75 on a large tea. It costs half the price of an equivalent sized Snapple or other bottled tea.

Why would you spend $6 a day at Starbucks? Are you getting a sandwich, too?

I spend $1.75 on a large tea. It costs half the price of an equivalent sized Snapple or other bottled tea.

Tea is a different animal. I am exaggerating the cost a little on the average consumer. It is only about $2 to $3 a cup, but some people drink 2 a day. It is the ones who have to have a Large mocha frappacino with half soy half decaf latte with nutmeg and whipped cream every friggin day or they can't function, that make me want to puke. If I'm drinking tea, it better be Lipton or Luzianne, or someone is gonna lose a kidney. I laugh everytime I see a new SB go up, cause eventually all good things come to an end, and as soon as some scientist scares the bejesus out of everyone by saying coffee now causes a new form of cancer, we will be left with empty little green and brown store fronts all over America. :)

BTW, Hmmmmm, I'm gonna have to thanks Sev also, I don't think sev actually intended to help either way with the whole logo argument but, Editor, I happen to see some "nipples" in that early Starbucks logo also, did they change it so they wouldn't lose "credibility" ?

Edited by TJones

Editor, I happen to see some "nipples" in that early Starbucks logo also, did they change it so they wouldn't lose "credibility" ?

No, because they aren't trying to satarize anyone or make a political or social statement like the people who altered the Starbucks logo were trying to.

On a related note, I seem to recall a newspaper article the said Starbucks either had some problems with their logo or had to change it when they moved into the Middle Eastern market. I don't think it was because of the form of the woman, but because it was a woman at all.

No, because they aren't trying to satarize anyone or make a political or social statement like the people who altered the Starbucks logo were trying to.

On a related note, I seem to recall a newspaper article the said Starbucks either had some problems with their logo or had to change it when they moved into the Middle Eastern market. I don't think it was because of the form of the woman, but because it was a woman at all.

I know I know, I was just poking fun about the nips.

And they changed the logo in the Middle East because it was a woman, who would have guessed ? :lol:

cause eventually all good things come to an end, and as soon as some scientist scares the bejesus out of everyone by saying coffee now causes a new form of cancer, we will be left with empty little green and brown store fronts all over America. :)

Acid reflux/heartburn, and liver related issues are up considerably since 10 years ago.

• 2 months later...

so the new starbucks opened about 10 days ago or so. the first time i was the only guy in there, next time half full and last friday packed.

lots of gay guys cruising for other guys so look out if thats not your scene. more on that note when did starbucks become such an aggresive gay pick up spot.

dream

You must never have been to the Starbucks at the corner of Montrose and Hawthorne, dream.

Anyway, I saw the other day that the Midtown Starbucks was open for business. I'll have to check it out when I get some time back in Houston. (And I'll be going for the coffee...)

lots of gay guys cruising for other guys so look out if thats not your scene. more on that note when did starbucks become such an aggresive gay pick up spot.

dream

Well, we tried bars, but too many people became alcoholics. Then we tried gyms and too many people got hooked on steroids. Now it's Starbucks and apparently the caffeine is making people aggressive.

We should have just stuck to being cowboys.

so the new starbucks opened about 10 days ago or so. the first time i was the only guy in there, next time half full and last friday packed.

dream

Thanks for getting the word out on this! Your thoughtfulness is very much appreciated.

You must never have been to the Starbucks at the corner of Montrose and Hawthorne, dream.

Anyway, I saw the other day that the Midtown Starbucks was open for business. I'll have to check it out when I get some time back in Houston. (And I'll be going for the coffee...)

yeah, iv'e been to the hawthorne sbucks, it's the cruise capital of the gay internet scene. so i switched sbucks, the least cruisiest is the smith street location across from allen center. for the record i got hit on at the midtown sbucks on friday and the memorial location by wescott at 8am on sunday morning. i don't mean to sound like a biggot gay hater i just want some sugar in my venti drip without some guy freshing up his drink all in my space. stay in your seat cowboy i'm not interested.

i hope you like the new midtown sbucks sullivan, it's a beautiful space with lots of windows. more street sidewalk views than parking lot views, it's a fresh change in the right direction for sbucks. i also really appreciate when an old building is redeveloped and made useful for the city and houstonians rather than torn down for another row of perrys. i'd like to see more redevelopment like this in midtown/houston. it's our history.

dream

for the record i got hit on at the midtown sbucks on friday and the memorial location by wescott at 8am on sunday morning. i don't mean to sound like a biggot gay hater i just want some sugar in my venti drip without some guy freshing up his drink all in my space. stay in your seat cowboy i'm not interested.

Dang, why is it a straight guy gets all the attention and I go in there and might as well be invisible? :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • The title was changed to Starbucks At 2101 Smith St.
  • 8 months later...

Photos of Midtown Collection. The shopping center is located at 2101 Smith St.

The photos are from an old LoopNet listing, a Crexi listing, and from Williamsburg Enterprises' website.

https://www.loopnet.com/Listing/2101-Smith-St-Houston-TX/25675111/

https://www.crexi.com/properties/817437/texas-midtown-collection

https://www.williamsburgent.com/midtown-collection

4xbyCjS.jpeg

dGTzQfE.jpeg

mTIUQxl.jpeg

hARCdUw.jpeg

q6WZY2k.jpeg

Parking lot at 2106 Louisiana St

CoQ26V5.jpeg