The Shops At Arrive: Mixed-Use Development At 2800 Kirby Dr.

Anybody know what this is?

485524786d0c4dd5d88bzl3.jpg

Looks like someone misplaced the original Pavilions buildings, with the residential included...

I had no idea that this development was going to look this cool. Have they broken ground on this? Dirt turning? Cranes?

All this time I thought HP, BLVD Place, Rice Village, and Regent Square were going to be the next big things in Houston, but this rendering makes this project look better than or equal to any of them.

Edited by Mister X

Wow. That looks sweet. Does anyone know why they have named this Development "West Ave"?

just a guess, but it might be reference to and a shortened version of "Westheimer Avenue", or "West Ave" ?? That's my guess, anyway..

Edited by heightslurker

I wondered the same thing, but I would assume it is just a made up developer name with no more meaning than "Regent Square".

The driveway in the photo is not a main street, so it must be a new side street within the project.

• 2 weeks later...

In a way, this project is what Pavilions coulda woulda shoulda been. At the same time, Pavilions will probably be more feasable for anyone, while this one will not. So I guess it works out :)

But does this project include residential or is all that space above office space?

In a way, this project is what Pavilions coulda woulda shoulda been. At the same time, Pavilions will probably be more feasable for anyone, while this one will not. So I guess it works out :)

But does this project include residential or is all that space above office space?

judging by all the balconies, looks to have residential.

Does anyone know if those stores in the renderings are real? I googled them and didn't come up with anything. But then agian, I don't know what type of companies they are.

And is the university line passing close by this? If so, that's a huge bonus.

Edited by lockmat

What I really like about this project is, instead of the building taking up this whole block, they place that little avenue in the middle. I hope if they ever decide to build a structure on that midtown Superblock, they do something similar like maybe having a plaza in the middle so it's not just one huge building.

And is the university line passing close by this? If so, that's a huge bonus.

Richmond and Westheimer are close, but I don't think they are close enough at this point, you still have West Alabama in the way.

Edited by Pumapayam

It's definitely within walking distance from Richmond. The walk from Richmond to Westheimer up Kirby is 0.56 miles (http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=974006). This development is going to stretch down to Kipling which is 0.4 miles from Richmond.

0.4 miles is probably 5-6 minutes walking. The only problem is it isn't really that nice of a walk (it's a walk past a lot of strip centers), so there isn't a lot of shade on the sidewalk.

One thing I like about development that goes right up to the sidewalk is that it allows for buildings to install awnings in order to provide some shade to pedestrians.