Shamrock Tower At 617 Main St.

dbigtex56

• Replies 550
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've been following this development since very early on. I can tell you this -- between the two clowns representing the condos and the developer who acts like a $30k millionaire, it would not surprise me if they fail.

I think it would be awesome if this project gets built. There's definitely enough interest in it. But, between the lame rates the developer is getting and the poor handling of business by the real estate guys, this is going to be one tough project to get built. I've never met more disinterested, pompous and seemingly incompetent people in my life. And this is coming from someone who was trying to line their pockets! I can only guess how they treat people in their everyday lives they aren't trying to get to buy their condos.

I know, you will want me to elaborate on these opinions. I say, call them for yourself and you will know what I mean.

• 3 weeks later...

This is getting old, first it was middle August now Ocober. If they are going to build then at least have a ground breaking ceremony. If not then drop the project and let someone who is going to build get a chance with this. It shouldn't be that hard to start. It can't be because of Sales, because you never know if a unit is sold until they have signed on the dotted line and inspections have been done. You can't inspect what ain't there. So I wonder what the hold up is, it can't be because of lack of intrest or problems with the previous owner of the spot or the city and county. On the responses make sure it's someone credible who says the reason why we pushed it back is because of.... Nothing crasy like well sells are down or whatever, yu can't totally sell a unit until it's completed anyway.

Therefore they are saying that the people have signed on the dotted line and there mortgage company has cut the Owners of Shamrock a check. Or are you saying that people have put down money to have a Unit held for them and when it is built then the mortgagecompany or ther own deep pockets will put down the full amount. That's the differnce in bought and holding.

OK. I decided to take up the challenge and go sit through the sales presentation at Scamrock, errr Shamrock.

Disclaimer: Below are my personal opinions only. Don't get too excited. (speaking from personal experience on this exact subject)

First, I found the sales team to be incredibly smug and irritating. "I did $9MM sales over the last three weeks!" Anyway, the trailer has nothing at all special. The presentation on the CD is pretty well done. All in all, the sales pitch could be summed up as, "We are on top of the world, don't need you, and we're going to start building tomorrow".

I was told that the property on which the trailer sits will be fenced off starting THIS WEEK. Call me a skeptic, but this would mean the owner/developer would forego all of the parking revenue currently generated by the parking lot. The sales team admitted they wanted to fence the lot off so that it would give the impression that construction was starting. This sounds a bit crazy to me, but who knows?

I was told that all corner units have been sold. This, translated into normal-speak means: the developer's profit lies in selling the less-desirable units. Not a smart approach.

Anyway. The project may someday get off the ground. However, I was turned off by the whole experience. Best of luck to the developer and sales team, but wow, it was not for me.

Juniper

• 3 weeks later...

The astros have a chance 2night. A VERY good chance. Why? First of all, hats off 2 houstonsemipro 4 keepin tha faith alive. A NEW BREATH OF LIFE 4 H-TOWN, 4 THA FORUM AND 4 OUR DOWNTOWN! What am I talkin about? Why do I have faith in the astros 2night? Because if the rumored defunct, oft-given up on, thought 2 be canned, shelved, canceled, SHAMROCK TOWER is now being built, then the same goes 4 our 4ever down but never out astros. That's right yall, THE SHAMROCK TOWER IS NOW UNDERWAY! This is going 2 be good. Oh man what a miracle. I can only imagine how this is gonna change the main street district. But I digress. If you want, see 4 yourself. The rent-a-fence is now surrounding tha perimeter. WOW!

Back in the mid-80's, Texaco/Heritage Plaza was in much the same position as Shamrock Tower. They kept promising start days, then nothing would happen. Finally they put up a wooden construction fence, and people thought it was about to happen. It took more than a year after the fence went up until they actually broke ground.

Fencing off the property is a relatively cheap way to give the impression that construction is about to begin. It makes investors feel better. Hate to sound skeptical, but after they've moved dirt and poured a foundation, I'll start celebrating.

Back in the mid-80's, Texaco/Heritage Plaza was in much the same position as Shamrock Tower. They kept promising start days, then nothing would happen. Finally they put up a wooden construction fence, and people thought it was about to happen. It took more than a year after the fence went up until they actually broke ground.

Fencing off the property is a relatively cheap way to give the impression that construction is about to begin. It makes investors feel better. Hate to sound skeptical, but after they've moved dirt and poured a foundation, I'll start celebrating.

Dbigtex, best post I've read in a while. In most industries, perception is more important than reality. The fence gives the perception of movement. I heard the sales office will be moving down main street.

The day the developer begins foregoing parking lot revenue, I'll believe they mean business....

This is a post from The New Juniper posted earlier this month in the Shamrock Tower thread under "Going Up":

OK. I decided to take up the challenge and go sit through the sales presentation at Scamrock, errr Shamrock.

Disclaimer: Below are my personal opinions only. Don't get too excited. (speaking from personal experience on this exact subject)

First, I found the sales team to be incredibly smug and irritating. "I did $9MM sales over the last three weeks!" Anyway, the trailer has nothing at all special. The presentation on the CD is pretty well done. All in all, the sales pitch could be summed up as, "We are on top of the world, don't need you, and we're going to start building tomorrow".

I was told that the property on which the trailer sits will be fenced off starting THIS WEEK. Call me a skeptic, but this would mean the owner/developer would forego all of the parking revenue currently generated by the parking lot. The sales team admitted they wanted to fence the lot off so that it would give the impression that construction was starting. This sounds a bit crazy to me, but who knows?

I was told that all corner units have been sold. This, translated into normal-speak means: the developer's profit lies in selling the less-desirable units. Not a smart approach.

Anyway. The project may someday get off the ground. However, I was turned off by the whole experience. Best of luck to the developer and sales team, but wow, it was not for me.

Juniper

The thread is here: Shamrock Tower

Sounds like they are going ahead with the fencing idea they admitted to Juniper.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived