Shamrock Tower At 617 Main St.

dbigtex56

The Shamrock Tower project on Main Street has been in the works for quite some time. Last I heard, groundbreaking was supposed to be mid to late August, 2004.

Anyone see any dirt moved? Any updates on this project?

• Replies 550
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The guy that i talk to at shamrock headquarters never told me breakground would start in december, but he did mention something about august they going to do something to the area. But listen, if its no breakground in december that means somethings wrong. Until then, we'll find out.

I wonder why they keep postponding it, I think there just a bunch of procrastinaters.

The Gardens @ Westgreen project was supposed to begin construction in late 2003 and didn't start until April of this year--as much as a four month delay.

It happens.

Again, when the trailer leaves the lot, then you'll have far more reason to be suspicious. Otherwise, who the hell knows what holds up are in place. They "estimated" August. They were off, at the least.

I hope someone builds it. I hear more housing is going in downtown on the North side in the near future. There will be an announcement in the next 60 days for affordable units for sale in the area. By this I mean, units starting at less than $200K. In my humble (and yes, sometimes arrogant) opinion, this is what downtown needs in order to build critical mass. Retail should follow the influx of owners to downtown.

We will never reach that mass if we only sell $700K homes.

Juniper

I hope someone builds it.  I hear more housing is going in downtown on the North side in the near future.  There will be an announcement in the next 60 days for affordable units for sale in the area.  By this I mean, units starting at less than $200K.  In my humble (and yes, sometimes arrogant) opinion, this is what downtown needs in order to build critical mass.  Retail should follow the influx of owners to downtown.

We will never reach that mass if we only sell $700K homes.

Juniper

The Shamrock DID have some units selling in the 160K range, which isnt too bad for downtown. Also, that rendering shown above is old. The newer rendering shows the main street side just as wide, but the Travis and (Capital?) sides not the full block, but the same hieght. The rear of the building shows the garage with a pool level on top.

I cant wait for this thing to get started, and I doubly cant wait to see it online with residents and retail.

The next block we should keep an eye on is the full surface lot across from Cabo and Market Square off of Travis. Rumors from multiple sources have hinted at a residential or hotel that might be built on that block. That would be SWEET

Also, I would like for something to happen on Main@Prairie, across from Mercury Room and Saude. That surface lot would be awesome if it had some midrise building, maybe between 7 and 20 stories, with retail on the first couple of levels.

After that, the half block of surface lot behind Lotus Lounge and M-bar, next to Franks Pizza on Travis. This also seems to scream for residential with retail.

And finally, that partial block next to the Kim Son garage. That lot is an eysore.

Anyways, thats just my wishfull thinking. But, hey, I can dream, cant I?

The Shamrock DID have some units selling in the 160K range, which isnt too bad for downtown.  Also, that rendering shown above is old.  The newer rendering shows the main street side just as wide, but the Travis and (Capital?) sides not the full block, but the same hieght.  The rear of the building shows the garage with a pool level on top.

I cant wait for this thing to get started, and I doubly cant wait to see it online with residents and retail.

The next block we should keep an eye on is the full surface lot across from Cabo and Market Square off of Travis.  Rumors from multiple sources have hinted at a residential or hotel that might be built on that block.  That would be SWEET

Also, I would like for something to happen on Main@Prairie, across from Mercury Room and Saude.  That surface lot would be awesome if it had some midrise building, maybe between 7 and 20 stories, with retail on the first couple of levels.

After that, the half block of surface lot behind Lotus Lounge and M-bar, next to Franks Pizza on Travis.  This also seems to scream for residential with retail.

And finally, that partial block next to the Kim Son garage.  That lot is an eysore.

Anyways, thats just my wishfull thinking.  But, hey, I can dream, cant I?

To this end, your input is needed on the Main Street Project section, 2112.

The Gardens @ Westgreen project was supposed to begin construction in late 2003 and didn't start until April of this year--as much as a four month delay.

It happens.

Again, when the trailer leaves the lot, then you'll have far more reason to be suspicious. Otherwise, who the hell knows what holds up are in place. They "estimated" August. They were off, at the least.

No, they estimated June. And then units actually sold much faster than expected. Then there were rumors about August. Now there are rumors about December. I'm not calling it dead in the water, but I do feel my cynicism starting to kick in.

Archived