Park Memorial Baptist Church At 123 75th St.

EastEnd Susan

Does anyone remember Park Memorial Baptist Church? Wayside Drive ran in front and Ave. K and Ave. J ran on the sides. I spent the summer of Watergate in their gym on the trampoline because there was nothing on tv except Watergate. I loved hearing the churchbells ring on Sunday morning. Hated to see it demolished, but I did manage to get a brick from the church.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
Does anyone remember Park Memorial Baptist Church? Wayside Drive ran in front and Ave. K and Ave. J ran on the sides. I spent the summer of Watergate in their gym on the trampoline because there was nothing on tv except Watergate. I loved hearing the churchbells ring on Sunday morning. Hated to see it demolished, but I did manage to get a brick from the church.

I grew up in this church. I remember when they built the auditorium that you described. Even earlier, I remember when the church added a/c in the other buildings. Two somewhat famous preachers came through PMBC, Jimmy Draper, past president of SBC, and Chuck Swindoll. This was in the early 50's I believe.

• The title was changed to Park Memorial Baptist Church At 123 75th St.
  • 1 month later...

I was a member there for around ten years. Pastor Leroy Meyer was there and Bro. Jon Enloe was choir director. Mrs. Abernathy was the church secretary. Mrs. Sexton was the organist. Ronnie was in charge of the gym.  My dad was a deacon there and translated the Sunday sermon for the Spanish speaking members. I enjoyed this church very much.