What Ever Happened These HAIF Members?

LTAWACS

Guest Professional Hornblower

Guys, I think we are missing the point here. This could be an epidemic!!!

Does anyone know what happened to 1ne- Tw2nty6ix.

Or did these members also fade into the 9ight without a trace?

Just a conspiracy theory???

The man who toots his own horn alot.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

27 removed his posts on his own. He requested that his account be closed and his blog entried deleted. I have honored that request. He did not explain why, but I know he had complained in the past about DalParadise.

There seem to be a lot of personality clashes on HAIF these days. I think we all would do better if we let other people's criticisms roll off our backs a little more often. With no inflection on the internet, it's hard to tell when someone is joking or being sarastic. I, too, sometimes need to just chill. It's something I intend to work on.

I agree with midtown, I gotta believe he was either asked to do this or was thinking he would be soon. Sometimes people think these forums are truly anonymous. Well, they are if you are. He was pretty loose and left a lot of clues as to who he is. An enterprising HR type could easily piece together the clues. Now, for me, who cares, I'm a joe blow working for a private company. Guys like him though are held to a higher standard.

I'll miss him.

The most telling gauge of his dementia was trying to argue whether the criminal gunfire on South Gessner was from automatic weapons, or not...as if that made a difference to someone shopping for a neighborhood. To say he never flamed unless flamed is ridiculous. He pushed arguments and constantly tried to bait me. Ultimately, I think he left because he couldn't get a rise out of me.

???

It actually does matter to me if gunfire was automatic of not. Automatic weapons take it to a whole new level of shootings. They emphasize it in the news. You don't hear the reporters saying "two windows of this home were shattered by the spray of Colt .45 bullets in a drug deal gone bad last night". BUt you will hear "three homes have several bulletholes from gunfire that police believe came from an AK-47". Democrats also use automatic weapons as their SOLE reasoning for more gun control. You hear NRAers saying ever American has the right to bear arms, then Democrats counter, "sure, but why do they need automatic weapons??" The movie "Runaway Jury" was all about this.

I thought 27 was pretty insightful because he knew dimensions of Houston that the rest of us know NOTHING about. Even those of us who pretend to. I appreciated his info on all the different places where they had to do EMS calls for violence because it helps me understand which areas would be too dangerous to try to move my family into. This was based on his experiences, not on people's hearsay.

I agree with midtown, I gotta believe he was either asked to do this or was thinking he would be soon. Sometimes people think these forums are truly anonymous. Well, they are if you are. He was pretty loose and left a lot of clues as to who he is. An enterprising HR type could easily piece together the clues. Now, for me, who cares, I'm a joe blow working for a private company. Guys like him though are held to a higher standard.

I'll miss him.

i was wondering about all of the "..." posts. i am relatively new here and was curious, since the posts around it never mentioned them. i sort of thought he was trying to inflate his post count, but that seems to go against the forum guidelines which are politely enforced here. so now, i am assuming now that they were deleted at his request? but some of his posts still have text.

since i am new: why would he be asked to stop posting? i assume you mean by his employer? could someone give a wee clue as to what has occurred here? i am sorry i missed an interesting poster, since i do enjoy the info and discussions on this board. thanks.

Guys, I think we are missing the point here. This could be an epidemic!!!

Does anyone know what happened to 1ne- Tw2nty6ix.

Or did these members also fade into the 9ight without a trace?

Just a conspiracy theory???

I'm sorry to see him go. While we didn't always agree we kept it civil and used to use the private message function a lot to carry on side conversations and discuss why we felt the way we did about certain issues. I know that he gave me some insight on issues where we didn't see eye-to-eye; we never got into flame wars with each other but tried to see why the other felt the way he did and gain some understanding about an opposing point of view. I for one will miss him here, because I always valued his opinion and grew to respect him quite a bit. He definintely seemed like a really good guy.

Guest danax
since i am new:  why would he be asked to stop posting?  i assume you mean by his employer?  could someone give a wee clue as to what has occurred here?  i am sorry i missed an interesting poster, since i do enjoy the info and discussions on this board.  thanks.

The thought I had was that possible some wacko might've contacted him in a negative way as he was very opinionated and open with regards to his personal identity. I sure hope that's not the case. The beauty of an anonymous forum is that one can express true feelings that might not get vented or heard in other ways.

Yeah, ol' 27 will be missed. He arrived here a short time after I did and he just went wild with the posts, and we all had some fun as a result. The board has seemed a bit quiet lately without him and a few others too, KZ, Lowbrow, glad to you're still here, 2112, dbigtex is back, 20s girl, 2112, musicman, mancuso? We've got some new blood but I guess I'm a little nostaglic for the old times :rolleyes:

???

It actually does matter to me if gunfire was automatic of not.  Automatic weapons take it to a whole new level of shootings.  They emphasize it in the news.  You don't hear the reporters saying "two windows of this home were shattered by the spray of Colt .45 bullets in a drug deal gone bad last night".  BUt you will hear "three homes have several bulletholes from gunfire that police believe came from an AK-47".  Democrats also use automatic weapons as their SOLE reasoning for more gun control.  You hear NRAers saying ever American has the right to bear arms, then Democrats counter, "sure, but why do they need automatic weapons??"  The movie "Runaway Jury" was all about this.

I thought 27 was pretty insightful because he knew dimensions of Houston that the rest of us know NOTHING about.  Even those of us who pretend to.  I appreciated his info on all the different places where they had to do EMS calls for violence because it helps me understand which areas would be too dangerous to try to move my family into.  This was based on his experiences, not on people's hearsay.

Nah,

his rant on the gunfire bit was based on hearsay from a call he made to fire stations in a neighborhood he had previously recommended to a newcomer. He then confirmed that they "made" the most gunshot wounds in the city, after I told this newcomer the neighborhood was unsafe. Then, saying his firefighter friends never reported "automatic" gunfire was his way of trying to make his recommendation of that neighborhood seem legit. Perhaps an Aggie understands and embraces this logic. I don't.

Particularly endearing was his opinion that "most" foreign people in this city are here illegally and are a drain on the system, diverting resources from "deserving" English-speaking Americans. That probably doesn't fall very hard on Aggie ears, either, but that was my pick as the thread that might have brought some bad feelings against him. I wasn't personally offended, but I can see how some others may have been. That's not the kind of image I think the city wants to portray.

For the record, I truly didn't hate the guy. I think he had a few lame takes and a lot of people confuse friendliness with knowledge, but so what? I think it was a little weird that he internalized critisizms of things like chicken restaurants and held being a "country ass" in such high regard, while purporting to want urban development. Again...whatever.

For some reason he just seemed to get angry when I disagreed with him.

and...

mr. or ms. hornblower,  what is going on that you do not wish to register?

The Professional Hornblower posts are marked "unregistered" because that account has been deleted. Professional Hornblower was given a few days suspension for attacking several other members of this forum in very unpleasant ways. Instead of taking the suspension as an opportunity to reflect on his past behavior, he immediately registered as the user Amateur Hornblower and started posting even worse material. Duplicate accounts are not permitted. Both have now been deleted.

I thought 27 was pretty insightful because he knew dimensions of Houston that the rest of us know NOTHING about.  Even those of us who pretend to.  I appreciated his info on all the different places where they had to do EMS calls for violence because it helps me understand which areas would be too dangerous to try to move my family into.  This was based on his experiences, not on people's hearsay.

You are so right. He knew parts of the city that the rest of us couldn't even imagine. It's a shame not to have that perspective any longer.

• 4 months later...

I was just thinking that when i was reading the forum entitled "Favorite thread". Someone mentioned Montrose 1100 with his battles that he used to get into with Dalparadise. I got to thinking, he hasn't been on this board since earlier this year and he had become a regular at Skyscrapercity under the name HoustonTexas, but he hasn't posted there since May. Where did he go? He was such a dedicated poster, even if some of his stuff was a little bizarre. Anyone know?

Do you guys ever think if one of us ever dies, we will never know it because we don't know eachother out side of here? So when a person stops posting without saying good by mabe they died, or they are really busy or something else.

• 2 years later...

Archived