What Ever Happened These HAIF Members?

LTAWACS

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"tw2entyse7en notified the HAIF editor that he wished to close his membership, and to delete his posts.

This was solely his decision, and it was respected." (quote, dbigtex56)

sorry, this answer would have sounded better and it is 100% accurate. i too miss his posts, and anyone who's been around here awhile knows he and i clashed on a subject more than once. but for the most part he had a way of getting his own point across while acknowledging another's and hardly ever resorted to flaming, unless flamed. he was also one of only a few here who took out time to submit blogs to the editor, which indicated to me his support of the forum. hopefully he's lurking and will see that people here miss his posts, and 27 if you are, sorry i called you adhd.

deb martin

"what happened to tw2ntyse7en?" (quote LTAWACS)

dalparadise.

debmartin

All I ever did was call him on some BS. In one weird exchange, he got all offended because I didn't see the cosmopolitan nature of a fast food chicken restaurant and their "30 permanent jobs" opening here. He got all Ron Artest about that one, and I just thought it was funny. I don't know why he wanted to take his ball and go home.

I was very apologetic in a subsequent thread, trying to make peace, where he tried to use his experience videotaping weddings to explain to me how a TV spot is produced. I'm no film maker, but I have produced national TV spots for more than 10 years in advertising. Whatever. I had some opinions that differed from his and he didn't like that.

FWIW, I didn't mind the guy. I think the whole, "cancel my membership and delete my posts" is telling of a level of instability, though. The only time our paths seemed to cross was when he aimed only as high as Lake Charles in his visions for Houston. He hated that I thought that view was backwards.

The most telling gauge of his dementia was trying to argue whether the criminal gunfire on South Gessner was from automatic weapons, or not...as if that made a difference to someone shopping for a neighborhood. To say he never flamed unless flamed is ridiculous. He pushed arguments and constantly tried to bait me. Ultimately, I think he left because he couldn't get a rise out of me.

Look, I don't think we need to rehash his old battles here. He asked to have his membership deleted, so that's what happened. As far as I know, he deleted his own posts since I really don't think anyone else wants to do 1500 edits. Sheesh..

Archived