Lost

Jeebus

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tonight's show was a little insane. So, the easy part is Michael blaming the shootings on Henry. It's also easy to assume he is working to trick the whole gang in to going after the others... Blah blah blah...

The part that I think is interesting (and this is my own little theory): I think Claire is Jack's sister. The woman his father was fighting with looked just like her, especially the hair. This show is way too detail oriented to make that mere coincidence.

Thoughts?

---City, I was typing this as you were posting so the blah blah blah did not apply to your post ;-)

Personally, I don't think that Michael is an Other. I think he is trying to do whatever he can to bait the rest of them in to a war with the Others. I also think that this tent city that he saw is not the whole story. I mean, we know that the Others aren't dirty and abrefoot. Two have already come in contact with the survivors and they were clean enough to blend in. And they had shoes.... Remember when Kate saw the fake beard and all that? The Others just pretnd to be dirty and primitve...

So do you think Libby died or not? In the promo for next week, they were only reacting to Ana Lucia's death and Hurley didn't seem all that upset. It seemed clear that Michael didn't intend on shooting Libby. She walked in after he shot Ana Lucia and it surprised him and bang bang. Thing is, I think I read somewhere that the actress who plays Libby, Cynthia Watros, has been cast in a new TV series for the fall season so it would make sense for them to off her. If Libby did indeed die, maybe Michael hid the body. But then why would he when he can just blame it on "Henry Gale" who he'll frame for Ana's and his own shooting.

That was a crazy scene. I wasn't expecting that.

heights_yankee:

The part that I think is interesting (and this is my own little theory): I think Claire is Jack's sister. The woman his father was fighting with looked just like her, especially the hair. This show is way too detail oriented to make that mere coincidence.

Interesting theory. There's got to be some kind of significance to that scene. And Claire's a native Aussie, like the woman I assume.

Tonight's show was a little insane. So, the easy part is Michael blaming the shootings on Henry. It's also easy to assume he is working to trick the whole gang in to going after the others... Blah blah blah...

Thoughts?

Jack is ABSOLUTELY Claire's brother or half-brother. Definitely not a theory at this point. It was implied earlier when Claire had said she knew her Dad was a doctor. Now you could say that is just a coincedence. But I don't believe there are coincedences on this show.

Everything done or said on LOST happens for a reason. Everything.

I think Ana Lucia is dead but it's not evident what the status of Libby will be. While I'm not sure if she's dead or alive, I am 99% sure she will be in someone else's flashbacks before the end of the season. And if you know who the remaining episodes are about, you can maybe guess who I'm leaning towards. Hurley and "someone else" will get to the bottom of who Libby really is/was.

Michael may or may not be brainwashed. Regardless, his motivation is to get back Walt. There are two scenarios I can think of:

1) The Others told Michael they would let him have Walt back if he were able to release Henry Gale for them. This could be accomplished through brainwashing.

2) Michael is doing this all on his own accord. By killing two people and shooting himself, he is firing up the Losties to wage war on the Others... and get back Walt.

We'll find out that answer in two weeks.

Something no one else has mentioned yet... Henry Gale was coming for Locke before he was captured? Henry Gale thought Locke was "good." He thought Ana Lucia was good at first but then changed his mind. I'm VERY interested in what this means because it seems to get at the core of the Others and how they think.

heights - excellent theory on Claire. it would be half-sister of course.

i don't think Michael is just trying to start a war. its not in his character to shoot multiple people to start a war. plus why would he kill an asset like Ana Lucia? And Henry had a look on his face like he knew what was going on, i think Michael has been brainwashed somehow. he happens to stumble out almost unconscious right in the spot where they found the others the first time?

Libby was shot twice in the torso, but the island does seem to heal certain people so she may have survived. seems to integral and unexplained a character to kill off already.

Every time they showed the others walking, they were barefoot. obviously they're more advanced then Michael said, with the boat and hatch where Claire was.

Something no one else has mentioned yet... Henry Gale was coming for Locke before he was captured? Henry Gale thought Locke was "good." He thought Ana Lucia was good at first but then changed his mind. I'm VERY interested in what this means because it seems to get at the core of the Others and how they think.

i think Henry was messing with Locke, cause he knows he can get to him. he is a quite a liar, everything he's said to them.

BWSchultz:

Did you notice how terrified Locke looked when Henry told him that? Maybe he wasn't, but he kind of looked like Faye Dunaway in "Mommie Dearest" afer she told Christina to clean up her mess.

My best inclination is that Michael made a deal with the Others to get back Walt. He will stop at NOTHING to do so. Michael did say "I'm sorry" to Ana-Lucia and Libby was just in the way of his plan so that leads me to believe he knew what he was doing. I believe that if Michael got the gun/combination from other means, no one would have died. He's just doing whatever he can to get his son back. Now, the first part of the deal could be simply to rescue Henry Gale. But the larger plan could be to lead the Losties into a trap to capture one or more of them.

I used to think Michael was a useless, whiny character. Not anymore.

We've seen what the Others can do. They've captured several Losties and Tailies before. We don't know their gun status but they seem to be quite excellent at hand-to-hand combat.

Did you notice how terrified Locke looked when Henry told him that? Maybe he wasn't, but he kind of looked like Faye Dunaway in "Mommie Dearest" afer she told Christina to clean up her mess.

I think Henry was lying when he said that. he has been playing mind games with Locke the whole time and that was just another part of it. Henry is a liar.

Also, did anyone see the creepy Hanso Foundation commercial? ABC played it like it was just a regular commerical. Creep-o-la.

Here's the link

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Hanso_Foundation

My best inclination is that Michael made a deal with the Others to get back Walt. He will stop at NOTHING to do so. Michael did say "I'm sorry" to Ana-Lucia and Libby was just in the way of his plan so that leads me to believe he knew what he was doing. I believe that if Michael got the gun/combination from other means, no one would have died. He's just doing whatever he can to get his son back. Now, the first part of the deal could be simply to rescue Henry Gale. But the larger plan could be to lead the Losties into a trap to capture one or more of them.

I used to think Michael was a useless, whiny character. Not anymore.

We've seen what the Others can do. They've captured several Losties and Tailies before. We don't know their gun status but they seem to be quite excellent at hand-to-hand combat.

It's not even one by one they want. I think Micheal's whole story about the Others living in teepees was fabricated. Maybe Micheal is himself not just going back for Walt, but was converted into an Other. Maybe Libby was only shot because she was a witness. OR maybe Micheal shot them because he found out something about Ana Lucia AND Libby. Remember, those two ladies weren't on Micheal's side in the beginning...

Two things to lead me to believe Michael is not being brainwashed or coerced, and his actions aren't motivated by a possible trade or deal.

When Ana Lucia told him they had a captured other in the closet.. Micheal looked genuinely surprised. I don't think he knew beforehand that they had an other which leads me to believe.. this was not some sorrta trade off - The others saying, You get Walt if you release our guy.

Also.. the fact that he is leading the Losties to fight .. really to be ambushed.. as a deal with the others to get Walt back..

Yeah he loves his son.. but would he really be willing to trade his son for the lives of several people he relies on to survive on the island. He's got to realize that the Losties are a team, and there is strength in numbers.. and even if he did successfuly get back Walt in exchange for the lives of all the relevant losties... he's be a sitting duck then.

Also, I know previews can be deceiving, but it sure looks like Eko falls to his death next episode.. which assuming Libby also just died, would leave only one survivor form the tail section..

*EDIT - Scratch that last part.. Just read a preview of the final episodes.. Eko is in them.

Also.. the fact that he is leading the Losties to fight .. really to be ambushed.. as a deal with the others to get Walt back..

Yeah he loves his son.. but would he really be willing to trade his son for the lives of several people he relies on to survive on the island. He's got to realize that the Losties are a team, and there is strength in numbers.. and even if he did successfuly get back Walt in exchange for the lives of all the relevant losties... he's be a sitting duck then.

That would make him stupid. How would Micheal know he's get Walt back if his other allies are captured?

Two things to lead me to believe Michael is not being brainwashed or coerced, and his actions aren't motivated by a possible trade or deal.

When Ana Lucia told him they had a captured other in the closet.. Micheal looked genuinely surprised. I don't think he knew beforehand that they had an other which leads me to believe.. this was not some sorrta trade off - The others saying, You get Walt if you release our guy.

Also, I know previews can be deceiving, but it sure looks like Eko falls to his death next episode.. which assuming Libby also just died, would leave only one survivor form the tail section..

*EDIT - Scratch that last part.. Just read a preview of the final episodes.. Eko is in them.

I agree with you that he looked surprised upon hearing this news but that could also be the realization that his plan just came into focus. He came back from the Others not sure how to get his desired end result. However, when the situation presented itself (Ana gave him the gun) he knew what he had to do. For him, it was fate... destiny... all the important themes brought out on show.

I also don't think he's been brainwashed but he does have a motivation that we can only speculate at this point. We'll find out everything (well, probably not EVERYthing) in two weeks in the Michael/Walt centric episode.

Next week's Eko/Locke episode sounds like it will focus more on the island and its mystery, which should hopefully satisfy some questions.

That's not new at all. That's from the third episode of this season. It doesn't even have the spliced section Mr. Eko found in the hatch on the tailie's side of the island.

My bad, I thought that was a new video not shown on the show. I saw it when it was on the show, but I don't remember that first part.

Here's an interview with Michelle Rodriguez from the ABC good morning show this morning:

http://lostlinks.net/clip15.htm

According to it, Libby is dead also. They showed the final scene from last night, but it's edited down so it's not as dramatic.

Those two characters don't really add much to the show in my opnion. Would I like to see Hurley get some? Of course I would, but other than that Libby didn't do much for me. So she's a pathological liar. No one on that damn insland is telling the truth anyway.

I've been intrigued with Libby ever since we saw that she was in the looney bin with Hurley, and he still hasn't figured out where he's seen her before. Her death was probably the most shocking because her backstory had not yet been explained after they dropped the shocker that she was in the ward.

I've been intrigued with Libby ever since we saw that she was in the looney bin with Hurley, and he still hasn't figured out where he's seen her before. Her death was probably the most shocking because her backstory had not yet been explained after they dropped the shocker that she was in the ward.

I think her story will come up in conjunction with more of Hurley's. I think he'll eventually figure out where he knows her from. The real consiracy theorist in me thinks that will be part of them figuring out that they are all interconnected.

I think her story will come up in conjunction with more of Hurley's. I think he'll eventually figure out where he knows her from. The real consiracy theorist in me thinks that will be part of them figuring out that they are all interconnected.

Libby is connected to more people than just Hurley. I bet she'll be in every episode left this season, dead or alive.

*Why did Kate not question Michael's story aboout the others living in tents, wearing ragged clothes, & eating dried fish - when she had seen first hand the medical bunker & the props used by the others to only look tattered?

*Why did Jack not ask where Michael's rifle was?

*Michael didn't mean to shoot Libby. Libby will die however. If you snoop around the web enough you will find this out yourself.

*Eko doesn't die after getting pushed off the cliff. He's shown to be in the season finale.

*Michael seemed ginuwinely surprised to hear that an other was being kept in the hatch. this is because of one of the following reasons:

1. The others captured Michael, showed him Walt, told him to go get their friend back or Walt dies.

2. Same scenario, except Michael was brainwashed & drugged instead of being told to do so at free will.

In either of these scenarios, he was very delusional and was only coherant for a few minutes before AnaL told him about Gale. Because of the short time span, we don't know if he knew about Gale when he woke up, or if AnaL telling him about Gale triggered his memory.

or

3. A combination of scenario 1 & 2 where he was captured, either drugged & brain-washed, and then released at the line the Losties are not to cross. This is why he was in a daze, confused, passed-out, & with no rifle. Why he had a torch is still a mystery. Did they give it to him? Or did he escape with the help of someone like Alex? Eitherway in this scenario, he knew nothing about Gale until the moment AnaL told him. In an effort to get his boy back, he freaks out and sets the stage for a Gale gettaway. I imagine his motive was that to get the Losties fired up to go to war. In all the confusion, he could sneak past the others & get Walt.

No matter what, I hope they get the guns back, kill Sawyer, Charlie, & most importantly Michael during the struggle. These three turds have been nothing but a cancer to the survivors. None of this will happen, but either way, its what I'd wish would happen.

No matter what, I hope they get the guns back, kill Sawyer, Charlie, & most importantly Michael during the struggle. These three turds have been nothing but a cancer to the survivors. None of this will happen, but either way, its what I'd wish would happen.

I think Sawyer could become a MAJOR asset to the camp. He's been a con-man all his life, and he proved he could con an entire camp. What if he could con the Others?

*Why did Kate not question Michael's story aboout the others living in tents, wearing ragged clothes, & eating dried fish - when she had seen first hand the medical bunker & the props used by the others to only look tattered?

I know!! She has been keeping that a secret and it's bothering me. Who knows why? She finally told Jack, but I think that's important information to be shared...

*Why did Jack not ask where Michael's rifle was?

Hmmmm... You're right. This makes me think that Michael did have contact with The Others. I want to know where his rifle is as well...

*Michael didn't mean to shoot Libby. Libby will die however. If you snoop around the web enough you will find this out yourself.

No argument there

*Eko doesn't die after getting pushed off the cliff. He's shown to be in the season finale.

I'm not saying yes or no to him dying, b/c I honestly don't know. I think that just b/c he is in a clip from the finale doesn't mean he survives. He could be in the finale in a flash back or any other reason... They intentionally make the clips misleading. Would they go through all the drama of him being thrown off a cliff in one preview just to show in other previews that he survives?

*Michael seemed ginuwinely surprised to hear that an other was being kept in the hatch. this is because of one of the following reasons:

1. The others captured Michael, showed him Walt, told him to go get their friend back or Walt dies.

I don't think this is the case. It just doesn't make sense. The Others have their own ways and I don't see them actually seeing Michael as a pawn or of very much value to them. They just want Walt.

2. Same scenario, except Michael was brainwashed & drugged instead of being told to do so at free will.

I don't think this either. I think that he did have contact with the others (perhaps captured and let go) and, like you mention below, is going to use the other survivors to get Walt back and it's all of his own making. He was surprised to find out about Henry and I guaranty you that he sent Henry back to the Others with some kind of message.

In either of these scenarios, he was very delusional and was only coherant for a few minutes before AnaL told him about Gale. Because of the short time span, we don't know if he knew about Gale when he woke up, or if AnaL telling him about Gale triggered his memory.

or

3. A combination of scenario 1 & 2 where he was captured, either drugged & brain-washed, and then released at the line the Losties are not to cross. This is why he was in a daze, confused, passed-out, & with no rifle. Why he had a torch is still a mystery. Did they give it to him? Or did he escape with the help of someone like Alex? Eitherway in this scenario, he knew nothing about Gale until the moment AnaL told him. In an effort to get his boy back, he freaks out and sets the stage for a Gale gettaway. I imagine his motive was that to get the Losties fired up to go to war. In all the confusion, he could sneak past the others & get Walt.

I adore Sawyer's character. he can be some much needed comic relief and also fills the role of person you hate to love. Every good show needs one :rolleyes:

anyone think about the fact that Libby and Ana Lucia (actresses) both got DUI's in HI while filming? I don't think that they would write them off for that, but its just funny to think about.

and for those of you that are going to POST SPOILERS, please let us know. I would like to discuss theories, what's currently happening, without reading about what's going to happen in future episodes.

Its obvious that the writers lurk in certain Lost boards. You can tell by the numerous times this season when there has been an out-cry of "B.S." on the boards, that 3 to 4 episodes later, the writers convienently fix the oversight.

Case in point would be about 4 episodes after they get into the hatch and its revealed that the washer & dryer don't match the time era of the rest of the hatch, someone says something about how it didn't matter, as long as they can wash clothes.

Another example would be the out-cry over Kate not telling anyone about the Medical Bunker, and again 4 episodes later, she mentions it to Jack, as if to check something off a list of things to tell certain people.

Anyway, I say all this because everyone wants to know where Michael's rifle is. How could Jack not think to ask where Michael what happened to the very gun that had been shoved in his face when Michael left. I'm willing to bet that before the finale, we get a forced answer from the writers. The problem the writers have is that never before had a TV drama had a million arm-chair fact checkers & content editors.

SPOILER: Here are some set pictures confirming some of Michael's story about the Others.

SPOILER 1

Spoiler 2

Spoiler 3

Spoiler 4

So with these pics, there is some validity to Michael's story. All that's left is to figure out his motive for shooting AnaL & what he really saw out there. I still think that he got captured and was threatened or forced to make a deal. How else can you explain:

1. He goes running through the jungle screaming Walt for a week and doesn't get caught?

2. He has a well made torch. Torches like that require some sort of oil. Where did Michael get oil?

3. He was convienently found at the line, at the same time Jack & Kate were there.

4. He was drugged up & confused. Dehydrated? Maybe.

5. WHERE IS HIS RIFLE???

These all point to his capture & release. Even so, it still doesn't explain who is living in those tents. What Kate found & Claire remembers about the Medical Bunker practically debunks 90% of the "2nd set of Others" theory. However, living in tents by the water with limited resources is not the M.O. of the Others. Of course, with Lost, I'm surely wrong, but I'm dealing with the facts as they come.

When I mentioned that Eko is in the season finale, I said that because he's supposed to have falling out with Charlie over abandoning the construction of the church & a falling out with Locke over the island itself. In the preview for next week, they show him falling (or being pushed) off a cliff. I don't think they would kill him and then have a flashback of him during the finale. The finale is going to be too busy answering questions about Desmond, Flight 815, & the Others.

Archived