Where Is Chocolate Bayou Road Now?

hartwell

I once upon a time lived on Chocolate Bayou Rd. in the 1950s,our location was >>>>8miles south of Holmes Rd. near the Harris-Brazoria county line and we were near+ in the vicinity of Pearland.

Our land was near where the road made a bend on towards Pearland,my brother+I attended elementary

school there.The school bus picked us up everyday.

There were two cemeteries around our land.

I can't find it on Map-Quest,is it gone now?.

Anyone out there have any ideas about this road?.

E me at ::rh7hoover@yahoo.com

Thx,Ron in Colorado

PS::Can you direct this message to someone that knows?

[ Add to Buddies ]

I once upon a time lived on Chocolate Bayou Rd. in the 1950s,our location was >>>>8miles south of Holmes Rd. near the Harris-Brazoria county line and we were near+ in the vicinity of Pearland.

Our land was near where the road made a bend on towards Pearland,my brother+I attended elementary

school there.The school bus picked us up everyday.

There were two cemeteries around our land.

I can't find it on Map-Quest,is it gone now?.

Anyone out there have any ideas about this road?.

E me at ::rh7hoover@yahoo.com

Thx,Ron in Colorado

PS::Can you direct this message to someone that knows?

[ Add to Buddies ]

It's most probably still there.

It may be classified as a county road now.

Many old roads in Brazoria county got labled with a county road number so they could get some funding from the state and feds to do some road improvements. The county roads numbers help out also for emergency situations.

You may have to contact someone at the county offices in Angleton for help.

I JUST REMEMBER GOING AROUND THE BEND FROM OUR HOME AND HEADING TOWARDS

PEARLAND AND EVENTUALLY SEEING THE ROAD ON THE RIGHT THAT WENT TO MANVELL(MANVILL?)

DON'T KNOW IF THE ROAD CHANGED NAMES AROUND THE BEND OR NOT?

THERE WAS A ROAD THAT WENT TO THE RIGHT AT THIS BEND,THERE WERE RANCHES DOWN THIS ROAD AND IT WAS DEAD-END I BELEIVE?

THANKS All !

• 15 years later...

Just thought I would sent you something that might bring back a memory.  Might be after you lived in the Houston area.  Approx. a year ago, I stopped in an antique store in Geronimo Texas and saw this old advertising platter and loved the color and that it was a piece from a Texas town.  I did not pay attention much to the address as I loved the aesthetics of the piece.  I grew up in the 70s and 80s near Houston and we shopped there all the time.  This morning while eating my friend potatoes that I had put on the platter, I looked at the address and saw it as a furniture store Davis Furniture Center 8002 Chocolate Bayou Road Houston, Texas.  I was struck by the road name and wanted to see where it was and if the store still existed or the building did, and came across this post.  Thought I would send you a photo if for nothing more than nostalgia. I am a historian, and love a good history story/hunt.  I will start my research in a bit and update you on anything that I find out.  Hopefully you will see this.  Hope to hear if you have found out any information on what you were looking for.  Many blessings, Stacey

Spoiler

• Like 1