Galleria Area Construction

slfunk

This thread is to announce the Galleria area construction news. This is an area that is ONLY starting to see a residential transfromation. It started with Verdoma. We have a sort of "village" being built and a second residential tower being built.

NO comparisons to the Houston Galleria. These areas are vastly different respective to Houston and Dallas. This is a thread like the other two to only ANNOUNCE and comment on new projects with NO debates.

This is a project that I am actually working on right now.

Galleria to get a trendy neighbor

Apartment-retail plan may help make area pedestrian-friendly

12:00 AM CDT on Thursday, October 6, 2005

By STEVE BROWN / The Dallas Morning News

"Developers have broken ground near the Galleria on an urban-style apartment and retail complex. Called Village on the Green, the project is on the northeast corner of Noel and Alpha roads and will contain more than 200 rental homes, restaurants and shops....The more than $50 million project is being built by a Staubach Co. affiliate and developer Robert Shaw, who was one of the builders responsible for kicking off the Uptown boom....Village on the Green is the most ambitious of several new developments on tap for the area around the big shopping mall and office tower complex."

"..."You really do have a transforming of that neighborhood into a more urban form with the Galleria as an anchor," Mr. Shaw said Wednesday...."

" Built around a small park, the five-story complex will have about 90,000 square feet of high-end retail on the lower level. The apartments will be built above.

The contemporary-style buildings were designed by architects RTKL Associates, which has worked on other mixed-use developments in the area, including Addison Circle and the Shops at Legacy in Plano....."

• 2 weeks later...

GlobeSt.com EXCLUSIVE: Developer Unveils $100M Galleria Project

By Connie Gore

Link: http://www.globest.com/news/397_397/dallas/139418-1.html

Last updated: October 20, 2005 08:38pm

"...DALLAS-A $100-million condominium tower will break ground in February on a 38,000-sf tract, once tagged as a hotel site for the Galleria mall. The 126-unit Galleria North Condominium project stands out from its peers not only for its irreplaceable corner, but a $1.5-million, high-tech backbone...."

"....The development plans have been closely guarded as Mockingbird Properties' president Mitchell Vexler and team set about designing a 21-story footprint unlike any other condo product currently available in Dallas. "You don't talk until you have something to talk about," Vexler tells GlobeSt.com. "Being on the Galleria property, it's impossible to pull this off again."...."

".... European-style tower will take 18 months to complete. Ground will break on time, Vexler vows, saying his financing doesn't require any presales...."

"...Galleria North Condominium Tower, set to rise at the corner of Alpha and Noel roads in front of Nordstrom's, will have units ranging from 890 sf to 3,050 sf...."

GlobeSt.com EXCLUSIVE: Developer Unveils $100M Galleria Project

By Connie Gore

Link: http://www.globest.com/news/397_397/dallas/139418-1.html

Last updated: October 20, 2005 08:38pm

"...DALLAS-A $100-million condominium tower will break ground in February on a 38,000-sf tract, once tagged as a hotel site for the Galleria mall. The 126-unit Galleria North Condominium project stands out from its peers not only for its irreplaceable corner, but a $1.5-million, high-tech backbone...."

"....The development plans have been closely guarded as Mockingbird Properties' president Mitchell Vexler and team set about designing a 21-story footprint unlike any other condo product currently available in Dallas. "You don't talk until you have something to talk about," Vexler tells GlobeSt.com. "Being on the Galleria property, it's impossible to pull this off again."...."

".... European-style tower will take 18 months to complete. Ground will break on time, Vexler vows, saying his financing doesn't require any presales...."

"...Galleria North Condominium Tower, set to rise at the corner of Alpha and Noel roads in front of Nordstrom's, will have units ranging from 890 sf to 3,050 sf...."

WHAT?! This can't be true! Where will I buy my Roche Bobois?! This can't be happening. Where is the picture? Where is the website? Is this a LIE? There are no signs. I was shopping there just the other day and Roche Bobois did not say anything about closing or moving.

WHAT?! This can't be true! Where will I buy my Roche Bobois?! This can't be happening. Where is the picture? Where is the website? Is this a LIE? There are no signs. I was shopping there just the other day and Roche Bobois did not say anything about closing or moving.

I wouldn't fret. The site they are talking about is an empty track at the southwest Corner of Noel and Alpha. Its the last empty track that butts up against the Macy's parking Garage. Roche is staying there.

• 3 months later...

Buying near Galleria

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dw...1.1db2fc24.html

"A developer from Omaha, Neb., has gone shopping for a building site across from the Dallas Galleria....Slosburg Co. has contracted to purchase the vacant tract on the east side of Noel Road just south of Peterson Lane. The property has been marketed for sale recently by Tom Clarke of Grubb & Ellis Co....Slosburg has sought city planning approvals for a new apartment project to be built on the high-profile site. The company owns the nearby Dorchester apartments on Spring Valley Road."

Archived