Townhomes At 1602 Bastrop St.

Seems like a pretty good multi-family site. I don't know what flag would allow you to build a hotel over here - just isn't enough going on in the area yet.

The land west of Dowling is starting to get very pricey. Ancorian has been buying up everything around their East Village development. I think we'll start seeing $100psf+ very soon.

55 minutes ago, HNathoo said:

Seems like a pretty good multi-family site. I don't know what flag would allow you to build a hotel over here - just isn't enough going on in the area yet.

The land west of Dowling is starting to get very pricey. Ancorian has been buying up everything around their East Village development. I think we'll start seeing $100psf+ very soon.

Multi family or strip mall is what I’m thinking. It’s a bit of an odd piece of land due to the diagonal slice that is Brother’s Tacos. 

3 hours ago, HNathoo said:

yup, anything within the borders of the parking ordinance exclusion zone is going fast.

3 hours ago, Sanjorade said:

Multi family or strip mall is what I’m thinking. It’s a bit of an odd piece of land due to the diagonal slice that is Brother’s Tacos. 

I really hope it’s not a strip mall. That would be very disappointing. But, glad it will be getting developed instead of sitting vacant as it has forever.

I’ve always been curious as to why this lot is shaped the way it is. There are a few other lots in this area of EaDo with similar angles. I assume it was originally utility easements or railroad R.O.W. from many decades ago, which were eventually extinguished or joined back with the original lot.

21 minutes ago, thedistrict84 said:

I really hope it’s not a strip mall. That would be very disappointing. But, glad it will be getting developed instead of sitting vacant as it has forever.

I’ve always been curious as to why this lot is shaped the way it is. There are a few other lots in this area of EaDo with similar angles. I assume it was originally utility easements or railroad R.O.W. from many decades ago, which were eventually extinguished or joined back with the original lot.

Retail strip can't pay what this will likely trade for. The rents aren't high enough on this side of town. Unless they are an owner/user, it has to go vertical.

21 hours ago, thedistrict84 said:

If you look at older maps, there was a huge rail yard all along Bastrop going up to where BBVA is

Here's a map from 1940 - it shows the yard starting north of Leeland,  http://www.harriscountyarchives.com/Maps/imgZ.html?img=img6 

You can actually see a rail line coming in from the south, and it would define the odd shape of the lot, with the Taco house up against that old right of way

• 10 months later...
  • The title was changed to Pease St. & Bastrop St.
  • The title was changed to Townhomes At 1602 Bastrop St.

Archived