Sign in to follow this  
houstontexasjack

4510 Main St

houstontexasjack    1,227

On another forum, I saw a link to the development map below.  One item of interest is number 32 under the Central Houston New Construction plot, regarding a high rise at 4510 Main St:

https://www.berkadia.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/Q2-2018-New-Development-Maps_Houston-FINAL.pdf

This would be very close the land Rice University owns as part of its plan for an "innovation district" by the old Sears.  I've not yet heard anything else regarding the development.

dbigtex56    302
4 hours ago, houstontexasjack said:

On another forum, I saw a link to the development map below.  One item of interest is number 32 under the Central Houston New Construction plot, regarding a high rise at 4510 Main St:

This plot is adjacent to (or nearly so) the recently demolished 411 Richmond Ave Gulf Gas Station. Coincidence? (and I wish they'd fix the link function): https://www.houstonarchitecture.com/haif/topic/39247-411-richmond-ave-gulf-gas-station/

2 hours ago, dbigtex56 said:

This plot is adjacent to (or nearly so) the recently demolished 411 Richmond Ave Gulf Gas Station. Coincidence? (and I wish they'd fix the link function): https://www.houstonarchitecture.com/haif/topic/39247-411-richmond-ave-gulf-gas-station/

Indeed, I think they are. HCAD discloses 411 Richmond was acquired by an entity called “401 Richmond LLC” (yes, it’s 401 not 411) about June 19, 2018. 4510 Main was acquired by an entity called “4510 S Main LLC” about June 15, 2018. Both LLC’s share the same mailing address at 6100 Main St., Houston, TX 77005—which is at Rice University (it’s the same mailing address Rice uses for the Fiesta). Looks like Rice may have picked up a couple more parcels.

kdog08    184

1) Thanks for the awesome link that shows Houston multifamily in the pipeline.

2) Would be awesome if this were some affordable housing for graduate students and/or those who work at the Innovation District. 

dbigtex56    302
23 hours ago, houstontexasjack said:

411 Richmond was acquired by an entity called “401 Richmond LLC” (yes, it’s 401 not 411)

Those who've seen the third season of "Better Call Saul" might wonder if Chuck McGill filed the paperwork....

drecey    95

I'm sooo glad to hear that they've picked up those additional parcels! Now if we can get rid of that Pacesetter and that Jack In The Box we'll be in business! Glad to see this area changing a bit.

cspwal    2,140

Just drove through there today.  It seems oddly like a large construction zone

rechlin    1,900
On 8/10/2018 at 0:10 AM, houstontexasjack said:

Indeed, I think they are. HCAD discloses 411 Richmond was acquired by an entity called “401 Richmond LLC” (yes, it’s 401 not 411) about June 19, 2018. 4510 Main was acquired by an entity called “4510 S Main LLC” about June 15, 2018. Both LLC’s share the same mailing address at 6100 Main St., Houston, TX 77005—which is at Rice University (it’s the same mailing address Rice uses for the Fiesta). Looks like Rice may have picked up a couple more parcels.

It appears that it's called "401 Richmond LLC" rather than "411" because it's the same entity that owns the 401 property next door, which currently has a Shipley Donuts store on it.  So Rice owns both properties.

2 hours ago, rechlin said:

It appears that it's called "401 Richmond LLC" rather than "411" because it's the same entity that owns the 401 property next door, which currently has a Shipley Donuts store on it.  So Rice owns both properties.

Makes sense.