Jo Jo's Restaurant At 6001 South Braeswood Blvd.

annie1963

Used to live in southwest houston maplewood area by south braeswood .   On the corner of Glenfield ct and south braeswood there used to be a resteraunt on that corner but now a vacant lot  (9400 block of glenfield ct accross the street is the drive thru cleaners.   I need help trying to remember the name of the resteraunt that used to on the corner of glenfield?

Can anyone help just getting old and cant remember the name ?

The restaurant was Jo-Jo's.  Demolished years go.  A development of 3 story single-family homes is going in there now, to be called Netivot Braeswood.  There are 12 homes and they're priced around $500K according to what I've read.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 8/9/2018 at 3:31 PM, annie1963 said:

Used to live in southwest houston maplewood area by south braeswood .   On the corner of Glenfield ct and south braeswood there used to be a resteraunt on that corner but now a vacant lot  (9400 block of glenfield ct accross the street is the drive thru cleaners.   I need help trying to remember the name of the resteraunt that used to on the corner of glenfield?

Can anyone help just getting old and cant remember the name ?

Hi Annie. No way you’re getting old, because then I would be too. Jojo’s skillet breakfasts and the option to get a bagel are so vivid for me. Almost as vivid as the redheaded waitress who worked there in the mid 80’s (okay, breakfast may have been just an excuse to go every day).  

It was a Champ’s for a while too. Is that the name you knew it by? How about Jim’s? There’s a good thread here with posts from a Champ’s manager but I cannot post links yet, just created my account yesterday. (See? I’m not old after all. So neither are you...)

• 3 months later...

I remember this restaurant, being close to my neighborhood, and went there a number of times. I remember the large round(?) windows and sign in front.

It was near another food "landmark", fast-food chain Del Taco, a little farther east on S. Braeswood.

It was apparently a restaurant chain (I always thought that was the case). I found this interesting link concerning a restaurant in Amarillo of likely the same group. Apparently some type of lawsuit.

https://caselaw.findlaw.com/tx-court-of-appeals/1352879.html

Edit:

AsuZLt4.png

LgMBU85.jpg

• The title was changed to Jo Jo's Restaurant At 6001 South Braeswood Blvd.

Archived