Sign in to follow this  
gene

Rooftop Cinema Club- Uptown!

So cool! Super excited about this since I own a condo a block away! 

https://www.bizjournals.com/houston/news/2018/08/08/rooftop-movie-theater-will-open-soon-in-h-town.html

The Rooftop Cinema Club, based in London, will open a sky-high movie theaterin the Galleria area in early October.

The unique open-air venue will offer sunset screenings of recent releases and cult classics, food, craft cocktails and cozy seating. The movies are shown on a giant rooftop screen with state-of-the-art HD projectors.

It will be located on the rooftop of the BLVD Place at 1700 Post Oak, with views of Uptown and downtown Houston.

“Uptown’s skyline and the BLVD Place location are a perfect fit for our film experience,” says Gerry Cottle Jr., Rooftop Cinema Club founder. “We’ve found that movie-goers don’t always want to sit quietly in a large dark room, but instead make it an experience they can share with friends and family.”

Houston marks Rooftop Cinema Club’s fourth U.S. city to open following its international expansion from London, where it began in 2011. The first U.S. venue was opened in New York followed by two in Los Angeles and one in San Diego that opened in April 2018.

Tickets for opening weekend go on sale Wed., Aug. 29 and start at $17 per person for a single deck-chair. Read more from KHOU here.

That's pretty cool.

47 minutes ago, gene said:

So cool! Super excited about this since I own a condo a block away! 

https://www.bizjournals.com/houston/news/2018/08/08/rooftop-movie-theater-will-open-soon-in-h-town.html

The Rooftop Cinema Club, based in London, will open a sky-high movie theaterin the Galleria area in early October.

The unique open-air venue will offer sunset screenings of recent releases and cult classics, food, craft cocktails and cozy seating. The movies are shown on a giant rooftop screen with state-of-the-art HD projectors.

It will be located on the rooftop of the BLVD Place at 1700 Post Oak, with views of Uptown and downtown Houston.

“Uptown’s skyline and the BLVD Place location are a perfect fit for our film experience,” says Gerry Cottle Jr., Rooftop Cinema Club founder. “We’ve found that movie-goers don’t always want to sit quietly in a large dark room, but instead make it an experience they can share with friends and family.”

Houston marks Rooftop Cinema Club’s fourth U.S. city to open following its international expansion from London, where it began in 2011. The first U.S. venue was opened in New York followed by two in Los Angeles and one in San Diego that opened in April 2018.

Tickets for opening weekend go on sale Wed., Aug. 29 and start at $17 per person for a single deck-chair. Read more from KHOU here.

Why do you always start threads in this forum about projects that have been in discussion for months in their designated forums? ALWAYS.

You knew about this already. It was already confirmed in the BLVD Place forum where this is going in months ago.

On 2/8/2018 at 1:59 PM, CrockpotandGravel said:

Does anyone have knowledge of a movie theater going up in Blvd Place in Houston? From what I heard, it will compete with IPic and the adjoining Tuck Room in River Oaks District. I don't see anything about it on the leasing brochure for BLVD Place./

On 2/9/2018 at 5:49 AM, CrockpotandGravel said:

Some clarification I received last night. There will not be an IPic style of movie theater at BLVD Place in Houston. What's planned is an outdoor (rooftop) theater from Rooftop Cinema Club. From their website, it seems to be kind of like the screenings set up outdoors at venues like Discovery Green, CityCentre, Memorial City, Baybrook Mall, and Woodlands Market Square, except on a rooftop with provided seating and wireless headphones to listen. It will screen classics, cult favorites, and some new releases. There's a rooftop cocktail bar and a food stand serving street food.

Here's more about it from their website:

Spectacular Views
Great films deserve great locations, and our venues are set alongside some of the most iconic city backdrop's around the world. With panoramic views and stunning sunsets, movies have never looked so great.

Wireless Headphones
We believe iconic movies and great dialogue deserves to be heard properly. Ever missed that key plot-line because the guy behind you is eating his popcorn too loudly? We use state-of-the-art wireless headphones so you can live in those memorable cinematic moments, and not get disturbed by the outside world. Now that’s cinema.

Comfy Deckchairs
Outdoor cinema is about embracing the world around us, but that doesn’t mean it has to be uncomfortable. Which is why we use comfy deckchairs, with adjustable seat heights and plenty of leg room, meaning you can lean back and breathe in those city views under the stars. For those opting for the Rooftop Love Seats this summer, these are built at a seating width of 33'', enough room for two people to snuggle on the rooftop.

And more here: http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/movies/la-ca-mn-moviegoing-outdoor-cinemas-20170602-story.html

On 7/22/2018 at 2:52 AM, CrockpotandGravel said:

Houston listed on Rooftop Cinema Club's website.

https://rooftopcinemaclub.com/houston/

Rooftop Cinema Club is a seasonal rooftop cinema coming to BLVD Place in Houston.

Mods, please move and merge this thread with the BLVD Place thread in Going Up. This addition to BLVD Place has been discussed in the BLVD Place forum since the beginning of the year.

https://www.houstonarchitecture.com/haif/topic/6106-blvd-place-hanover-towers-apache-hq-news-pictures

Edited by CrockpotandGravel

This has no business only being in the Going Up section anymore as this is Entertainment so please get over it. :)

Edited by gene

On 8/12/2018 at 4:21 AM, CrockpotandGravel said:

Why do you always start threads in this forum about projects that have been in discussion for months in their designated forums? ALWAYS.

You knew about this already. It was already confirmed in the BLVD Place forum where this is going in months ago.

Mods, please move and merge this thread with the BLVD Place thread in Going Up. This addition to BLVD Place has been discussed in the BLVD Place forum since the beginning of the year.

https://www.houstonarchitecture.com/haif/topic/6106-blvd-place-hanover-towers-apache-hq-news-pictures

Its not that serious.

It's may not be serious but it's an intentional habit of Gene's that's always targeted towards me. And each time he does it, I will call him out on his BS.

Reporting this thread to the mods to be merged with the original one in the BLVD Place thread.

That is your problem. This post was in no way related to you. 

You are scaring me.

Whatever Gene. You and I both know what you're doing. And I'm reporting this thread to the mods to be merged with the BLVD Place topic because this discussion was already in discussion in that thread going back to February of this year in which you participated in.

You may have some issue that needs to be checked out. You ran away Monarch and now you are just going off on a theater thread. I am worried about you. 

Edited by gene

The Goonies and Dazed and Confused!

TABC permitting? Go downstairs and get two crowlers of IPA :ph34r:

Haha! My good buddy Esteban plays Carl in Dazed and Confused! Maybe I can get him to come to the screening! and hey, They will be serving food and alcohol i believe so you should be good to go! They were kind enough to invite me to the grand opening so I am excited about that!!! 

I am thinking Halloween on Halloween might be fun as well!