Rooftop Cinema Club Uptown Theater At 1700 Post Oak Blvd.

gene

So cool! Super excited about this since I own a condo a block away! 

https://www.bizjournals.com/houston/news/2018/08/08/rooftop-movie-theater-will-open-soon-in-h-town.html

The Rooftop Cinema Club, based in London, will open a sky-high movie theaterin the Galleria area in early October.

The unique open-air venue will offer sunset screenings of recent releases and cult classics, food, craft cocktails and cozy seating. The movies are shown on a giant rooftop screen with state-of-the-art HD projectors.

It will be located on the rooftop of the BLVD Place at 1700 Post Oak, with views of Uptown and downtown Houston.

“Uptown’s skyline and the BLVD Place location are a perfect fit for our film experience,” says Gerry Cottle Jr., Rooftop Cinema Club founder. “We’ve found that movie-goers don’t always want to sit quietly in a large dark room, but instead make it an experience they can share with friends and family.”

Houston marks Rooftop Cinema Club’s fourth U.S. city to open following its international expansion from London, where it began in 2011. The first U.S. venue was opened in New York followed by two in Los Angeles and one in San Diego that opened in April 2018.

Tickets for opening weekend go on sale Wed., Aug. 29 and start at $17 per person for a single deck-chair. Read more from KHOU here.

• Like 1

That's pretty cool.

47 minutes ago, gene said:

So cool! Super excited about this since I own a condo a block away! 

https://www.bizjournals.com/houston/news/2018/08/08/rooftop-movie-theater-will-open-soon-in-h-town.html

The Rooftop Cinema Club, based in London, will open a sky-high movie theaterin the Galleria area in early October.

The unique open-air venue will offer sunset screenings of recent releases and cult classics, food, craft cocktails and cozy seating. The movies are shown on a giant rooftop screen with state-of-the-art HD projectors.

It will be located on the rooftop of the BLVD Place at 1700 Post Oak, with views of Uptown and downtown Houston.

“Uptown’s skyline and the BLVD Place location are a perfect fit for our film experience,” says Gerry Cottle Jr., Rooftop Cinema Club founder. “We’ve found that movie-goers don’t always want to sit quietly in a large dark room, but instead make it an experience they can share with friends and family.”

Houston marks Rooftop Cinema Club’s fourth U.S. city to open following its international expansion from London, where it began in 2011. The first U.S. venue was opened in New York followed by two in Los Angeles and one in San Diego that opened in April 2018.

Tickets for opening weekend go on sale Wed., Aug. 29 and start at $17 per person for a single deck-chair. Read more from KHOU here.

On 8/12/2018 at 4:21 AM, CrockpotandGravel said:

Why do you always start threads in this forum about projects that have been in discussion for months in their designated forums? ALWAYS.

You knew about this already. It was already confirmed in the BLVD Place forum where this is going in months ago.

Mods, please move and merge this thread with the BLVD Place thread in Going Up. This addition to BLVD Place has been discussed in the BLVD Place forum since the beginning of the year.

https://www.houstonarchitecture.com/haif/topic/6106-blvd-place-hanover-towers-apache-hq-news-pictures

Its not that serious.

Haha! My good buddy Esteban plays Carl in Dazed and Confused! Maybe I can get him to come to the screening! and hey, They will be serving food and alcohol i believe so you should be good to go! They were kind enough to invite me to the grand opening so I am excited about that!!! 

I am thinking Halloween on Halloween might be fun as well!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 years later...

Whoa 300,000?! another screen AND bar (a better/improved bar or an additional one...?)This sounds more and more like this will be a permanent feature which i am happy about! Now if they would only have more horror options! :)

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • The title was changed to Rooftop Cinema Club Uptown Theater At 1700 Post Oak Blvd.