Sign in to follow this  
Urbannizer

Alexan Memorial, Memorial Dr at Sandman St.

New multifamily building proposed by Trammell Crow residential for the area bounded by Memorial, Sandman, Scotland and Reinerman St. Currently listed on the Planning Commission Agenda's Spreadsheet. http://mycity.houstontx.gov/plattrackerreports/rptDraftAgendaItems.aspx

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Sandman+St,+Houston,+TX+77007/@29.7635894,-95.4126925,258m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m5!3m4!1s0x8640c74b3214cd73:0xc8d1c02665434a86!8m2!3d29.771178!4d-95.411564

30061867528_41cb94224c_o.png

• Like 1

Site

Edit: This is the wrong site.  Should be off Washington?

tuh1X8L.jpg

Edited by ekdrm2d1

Definitely some activity here.  There is now construction equipment on-site.  Also, looks like several trees have been taken out in the past few days.  I guess we'll know more if the existing building comes down soon... really looking forward to this project.

• Like 4

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, ekdrm2d1 said:

Is that Alexan Memorial?

Now I'm confused but it was this part of Memorial I circled in red,( not sure how far back they demoed) so it might be Alexan Memorial because the side street is Sandman but the topic I but it on mentions Bayou Park Apartments which were demolished.

h5PblP8.jpg

Edited by hindesky
  • Like 2

48 minutes ago, hindesky said:

Now I'm confused but it was this part of Memorial I circled in red,( not sure how far back they demoed) so it might be Alexan Memorial because the side street is Sandman but the topic I but it on mentions Bayou Park Apartments which were demolished.

h5PblP8.jpg

Yes, this is the Alexan development, just west of Shepherd.  The Nitya Capital acquisition (& site of future tower) will be at the Bayou Park Apartments, which is just east of Shepherd — actually just east of St. Thomas H.S.

• Like 4

There has been a lot of dirt moved from here in the past two weeks, the hill is pretty much gone.  I'm really looking forward to this one, Memorial Drive will have a tunnel feel around that curve.

• Like 4

I assume this portion might be part of the parking garage.

Me8Yi2K.jpg

Looking west from Sandman.

UIUAvSL.jpg

• Like 7

EDI racking up major money in Houston, electric panels going up on the west side of the build.

IWwsqSl.jpg

• Like 4

Most of the tower is on the ground, looks like some of the vert section might be missing unless it will only be 2 sections high.

Oo6HnNN.jpg

DVpPO47.jpg

• Like 8

The AT crane was set up and waiting for the vert sections of the tower crane to be delivered. According to the riggers I talked to the tower crane will have a 160' height. Only 2 sections on site right now but the jib boom is ready to go.

NlTrkl8.jpg

yD9289U.jpg

• Like 9

Have we seen any renders of this one? With a 160' crane height, I'd imagine it'll be in the 10 story range.

• Like 3

I had thought so too, but that's actually the Broadstone Memorial Park, at the 7700 block of Washington

• Like 1

Something is wrong with the hoist cable going to the trolley, I think the cable has jumped a sheave. Look at the cable hanging in front of the cab, it shouldn't be doing that.

W4Pu6RM.jpg

DbFfp0M.jpg

• Like 5

Second tower crane base has been added for the eastern portion of the build, talked with a worker and he confirmed it will be an 8 story building.

FEaqDsC.jpg

• Like 8

While doing The Heights Scavenger Hunt I ventured off the course to check if the other tower crane was going up. It was.

pnMEbUY.jpg

• Like 9

Are there any drawings/maps of the entrance and exit ways from the parking garage and the expected traffic pattern? Is all traffic routed onto Memorial? Thank you

On 10/25/2019 at 10:03 PM, Spacecitizen said:

Are there any drawings/maps of the entrance and exit ways from the parking garage and the expected traffic pattern? Is all traffic routed onto Memorial? Thank you

I've looked for drawings on this project but haven't been able to find any yet. But due to the elevation of the northern side I would guess there may not be an entrance there, could be one on Sandman.