Brava: 46-Story Residential High-Rise At 414 Milam St.

brijonmang

I wonder why the north side of downtown is the hotbed for activity all of a sudden instead of areas just on the other side of the Pierce in midtown where the other residential highrise projects are going up? As a developer I would think that midtown will soon be bubbling over with projects and I'd wanna be at the forefront of that.

38 minutes ago, wxman said:

I wonder why the north side of downtown is the hotbed for activity all of a sudden instead of areas just on the other side of the Pierce in midtown where the other residential highrise projects are going up? As a developer I would think that midtown will soon be bubbling over with projects and I'd wanna be at the forefront of that.

Just guessing.

Affluence begets affluence? Nearby Theater district, Entertainment venues, Ballpark, Discovery Green, Buffalo  Bayou and parks . Rail access to Museum district. Two new highrise apartments have attracted an affluent base which is now being added on to. I find it attractive except for the fact I have children. Too expensive.

Also, maybe because it's closer to Hines' cluster of top buildings. Look at where they are building their new office tower, close to this building, close to the location of 609 Main and BP Place, plus close to their older buildings. Those are within easy walking distance and have tunnel connection.  Plus, an easy walk to the Theater District, the historic stretch of Main and light rail stations and not too far from MMP. I'm guessing the rents in this spot is a little higher than midtown.  It makes perfect sense that Hines has picked this Market Square area twice to locate their residential buildings. Maybe, they want to heavily influence this neighborhood also.

3 hours ago, wxman said:

Because it has historical buildings and a sense of place.

1 hour ago, Mattie said:

I’m slightly confused. The slim rendering above is the same building as the b&w one posted initially? I don’t see it.

Same building.  Different angle.  The B&W image is the view from Market Square Park (looking west).  The color slim Rendering is the view from Block 58 (looking north), where the new Hines office tower is going up.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mattie said:

I’m slightly confused. The slim rendering above is the same building as the b&w one posted initially? I don’t see it.

Same building.  Different angle.  The B&W image is the view from Market Square Park (looking west).  The color slim rendering is the view from Block 58 (looking north), where the new Hines office tower is going up.

• Like 1

I spend most of my weekends in downtown now. Bar and clubs line Main St and Market Sq, mostly I spend it here because my buddy from college is living at Aris now and it's near everything. The one gripe he has is that he has to drive to Midtown or Montrose for groceries but other than that he loves living there. His commute is walking downstairs and to the rail line and going to work in TMC. I've pondered moving myself but not with my salary.

2 hours ago, enriquewx91 said:

I spend most of my weekends in downtown now. Bar and clubs line Main St and Market Sq, mostly I spend it here because my buddy from college is living at Aris now and it's near everything. The one gripe he has is that he has to drive to Midtown or Montrose for groceries but other than that he loves living there. His commute is walking downstairs and to the rail line and going to work in TMC. I've pondered moving myself but not with my salary.

I would love to live at Aris those prices though :(

On 8/2/2018 at 10:16 AM, brijonmang said:

I don't have the specifics for the height, floors, architect, etc. but here's what she's going to look like... I believe this is the view of the north side of the building that will face Market Square.  This is based on the other renderings of the Chronicle site building.

What happened to the B/W rendering? Did somebody pull a Cayden?

• Like 1