Brava: 46-Story Residential High-Rise At 414 Milam St.

brijonmang

On ‎8‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 10:16 AM, brijonmang said:

I don't have the specifics for the height, floors, architect, etc. but here's what she's going to look like... I believe this is the view of the north side of the building that will face Market Square.  This is based on the other renderings of the Chronicle site building.

Block 42:

AF14B151-21DF-460A-98CB-D6D32A68CF59.png

Wonder what happened to the glass on the lower floors. Makes a substantial difference.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, kbates2 said:

Yeah looks like this has been value engineered down quite a bit.

how so? other than replacing glass with stone on the base it looks identical. i would've been much more concerned had they reduced the glass curtain wall in the highrise section and/or altered the unique curvature in the design. 

10 minutes ago, swtsig said:

how so? other than replacing glass with stone on the base it looks identical. i would've been much more concerned had they reduced the glass curtain wall in the highrise section and/or altered the unique curvature in the design. 

I agree with you. Then again the other guys reaction was a bit hyperbolic.

This update is better. Its more honest and I think will help accentuate the curve more than glass will. 

The design of this building is going to make the tower next door look extremely dated and silly.

• 1 month later...

https://www.bizjournals.com/houston/news/2019/01/24/hines-planning-46-story-apartment-tower-in.html

A filing for the residential project named Block 42 Multifamily Project at 414 Milam on the state’s licensing and regulation website describes it as a “46-story, 373-unit multifamily building with integral garage and amenity spaces.” The filing lists an estimated construction start date of Dec. 1, 2018, with an Aug. 1, 2021, estimated completion.

The state filing for the Block 42 multifamily project lists Houston-based House+Partners as the design firm.

A spokesman from Hines declined to comment at this time.

• Like 9

1 hour ago, LBC2HTX said:

I'm wondering if they mean House+Partners is the "Architect of Record". The actual design itself was by Munoz+Albin, right? Would be consistent with Munoz+Albin's past projects since they normally finish their commitment after Design Development and then hand it off to another firm to do Construction Documents. Could be wrong though.

Edited by Luminare
  • Like 2

32 minutes ago, Luminare said:

I'm wondering if they mean House+Partners is the "Architect of Record". The actual design itself was by Munoz+Albin, right? Would be consistent with Munoz+Albin's past projects since they normally finish their commitment after Design Development and then hand it off to another firm to do Construction Documents. Could be wrong though.

No you're right.

• Like 1