Brava: 46-Story Residential High-Rise At 414 Milam St.

brijonmang

On 5/25/2020 at 11:54 AM, Luminare said:

. The "twist" and profile they have set up is actually going to be nice to see how they pull off including the illusion they are doing with the glass coming to an edge at the middle of the tower portion. 

the twist is easy, it's all in the floor plates and their angle relative to the building and to the floor above it.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
15 hours ago, jmitch94 said:

This is already a great area now and I'm sure this will add more to the scene. I just hope some of my favorite places don't get priced out like Warren's. 

That's why I asked earlier in this thread what exactly is protected from demo. Either a pricier establishment will take over or idk. 

• Like 1

And it already had lots of chips in them. I wonder how they will repair them?

The chips are fairly easy to patch.  The precast company has all the color mixes and can send out small patch kits.  When done correctly they are indistinguishable from the rest of the wall.  Plus all the joints will end up getting caulked which helps hide some of the edge damage. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

I would love to see some street space, particularly around the 300 block of Main, opened up to pedestrian and outdoor dining use. Basically the following:

• Close southbound Main to cars from Commerce to Walker
  • Close northbound Main to cars from Prairie to Rusk
  • Convert angled parking on Franklin to outdoor dining space from Travis to Main. Convert one travel lane to parallel parking
  • Narrow Travis to two travel lanes from Franklin to Texas
  • Replace south street parking on Congress with outdoor seating from Travis to Fannin
  • Narrow Prairie to one travel lane. All of it. 
  • Narrow Texas to two travel lanes
  • Narrow Walker to two travel lanes
  • Like 3