Brava: 46-Story Residential High-Rise At 414 Milam St.

brijonmang

Fortunately all it blocks right now is another parking podium. The tower will be visible above the garage. I like this opportunity to have an unencumbered view of the Texas Tower, before  being completely blocked by whatever  Telepsen comes up with.  I wasn't that enamored with their original plans for the building that will sit on top of that parking garage anyway.

They have the same problem the Houston Center has with their sixth tower. Fear and lack of confidence to build right now. Hines has stole their thunder twice over the last three years, with the 609 Main and now the Texas Tower.

He who hesitates is lost.

Edited by bobruss
  • Like 5

49 minutes ago, bobruss said:

Fortunately all it blocks right now is another parking podium. The tower will be visible above the garage. I like this opportunity to have an unencumbered view of the Texas Tower, before  being completely blocked by whatever  Telepsen comes up with.  I wasn't that enamored with their original plans for the building that will sit on top of that parking garage anyway.

They have the same problem the Houston Center has with their sixth tower. Fear and lack of confidence to build right now. Hines has stole their thunder twice over the last three years, with the 609 Main and now the Texas Tower.

He who hesitates is lost.

It won't sit on top, it will be in front on the vacant half-block.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

On 2/3/2020 at 10:25 AM, H-Town Man said:

It won't sit on top, it will be in front on the vacant half-block.

Fine. All I was trying to convey is that, once the Tellepsen project is finally built, It will  block out it's parking garage from this view. That was my point, and block out much of the Texas Tower at the same time.  Until that time the Texas tower will be visible above it's parking  podium for everyone coming from the north side of town to see. The Tellepsen garage won't be in the way of the actual Texas tower itself.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bobruss said:

Fine. All I was trying to convey is that, once the Tellepsen project is finally built, It will  block out it's parking garage from this view. That was my point, and block out much of the Texas Tower at the same time.  Until that time the Texas tower will be visible above it's parking  podium for everyone coming from the north side of town to see. The Tellepsen garage won't be in the way of the actual Texas tower itself.

Tellepsen?  I thought that block was Linbeck's

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Houston19514 said:

Tellepsen?  I thought that block was Linbeck's

I'm sure you're right, its been so long since they said anything about their project I couldn't remember.

I think I'll leave this site to you experts for a while and follow from a distance. 

I don't mind being corrected. I make mistakes but Its just the snarky way at which some of you seem to take glee in it.

I've tried to always be pretty positive and bring new information, or things I think others might be interested in, but you and a few others makes it nor so much fun anymore. 

• Like 5

I agree, it is nice to see an attractive replacement for a very ugly parking garage ... which IIRC replaced some cool old buildings that were there before.  Also, its nice to see that Harvey is the general contractor for the new project, I've heard good things about them.

• Like 1