Brava: 46-Story Residential High-Rise At 414 Milam St.

brijonmang

I would like to understand the close layout of so many columns. Seems like a very tight grid.

And another question, I didn't remember seeing a pad laid out and a slab poured like we normally see on the downtown high-rises. 

Purduengineered?

• Like 2

15 hours ago, bobruss said:

I would like to understand the close layout of so many columns. Seems like a very tight grid.

And another question, I didn't remember seeing a pad laid out and a slab poured like we normally see on the downtown high-rises. 

Purduengineered?

Just a layman here. . . but. . . I sn’t it usually an either/or proposition?  Either there is a piling foundation or a mat foundation, but not both?  If memory serves me correctly, Aris Market square has a piling base whereas Market Square Tower is built on a mat.  

• Like 3

17 hours ago, bobruss said:

Purduengineered?

Maybe the soil is soft.

• Like 3

23 hours ago, MarathonMan said:

Just a layman here. . . but. . . I sn’t it usually an either/or proposition?  Either there is a piling foundation or a mat foundation, but not both?  If memory serves me correctly, Aris Market square has a piling base whereas Market Square Tower is built on a mat.  

It may not be as substantial as the larger pours we've seen recently, but they're going to have to pour a mat to tie the piles into the base the building. You can see the rebar being laid out and all the bar sticking out of the piles, which will be connected together into grid.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Purdueenginerd said:

Foundation design on this building with the abundance of drilled piers and a matt foundation can mean a couple of things. One is that the soil may be not as great. Another issue is that if the building is tall and narrow, and "relatively" light, The wind uplift/overturning movement may be a governing load case which could require some of the piers to incur tensile loads. Concurrently the opposite side of the building will take more compression loads. 

Love that good Purduenginerd stuff

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, HoustonBoy said:
"IN GIRUM IMUS NOCTE ET CONSUMIMUR IGNI" -> "We enter the circle after dark and are consumed by fire"
Kind of creepy

and yet in a different context it could be a reference to a very particular bedtime activity. Imagine that setup prior to bringing one home while waiting for the elevator haha. Now thats igniting passion!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Still trying to figure out how much of the skyline this new tower is going to block from Market Square's sky deck and pool. Would suck to have paid rent for the amenities in Market Square including the scenery to now have it obstructed. 

Edited by cougarpad
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, cougarpad said:

Still trying to figure out how much of the skyline this new tower is going to block from Market Square's sky deck and pool. Would suck to have paid rent for the amenities in Market Square including the scenery to now have it obstructed. 

The definition of "First World Problems"

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

On 10/8/2019 at 1:48 AM, Urbannizer said:

1 hour ago, cougarpad said:

Based on the brochure link Urb posted, not much.

• Like 2