Brava: 46-Story Residential High-Rise At 414 Milam St.

brijonmang

10 hours ago, Tumbleweed_Tx said:

so anyway, back to our regularly scheduled programming.

Are they going to jackhammer the garage to death or are they going to blow it up?

I can see them starting off with jackhammering. I'll try to take photos when I can.

• Like 6

17 minutes ago, cspwal said:

How far will it be set back from Hogg lofts?  This rendering just shows it as a blank brick wall

From the renderings and just from my back knowledge, I would say that they will build right up to the building line (aka the building next door, aka Hogg Lofts). Every inch of real-estate matters in downtown. Could be wrong though.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, cspwal said:

Sucks for the people who had windows

Maybe not. Did this quick sketch:

zzAK1Cf.jpg

Notice the jog the podium takes at one point. Notice how the building is oriented away from the windows. I understand the primary objective of the twist in the tower was for better views for the occupants of the building itself, but I'm sure before approval they might have had to do some adjustments to allow light into those other windows. My guess is that there is a shaft that gives a bit of separation at that moment where windows in Hogg Lofts occur. Not 100% sure. I mean this is from an interpretation of the rendering, but it wouldn't be out of the question.

Edited by Luminare
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, cspwal said:

By that logic, would building a super tall on one block count as a "small construction site"?

Yeah as long as it's less than 5 acres. It has to do with stormwater protections based on soil disturbance (surface area, not depth) and not the scale of the project. So a supertall that costs 100's of millions could be "small" and a warehouse could be "large".

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, thatguysly said:

Yeah as long as it's less than 5 acres. It has to do with stormwater protections based on soil disturbance (surface area, not depth) and not the scale of the project. So a supertall that costs 100's of millions could be "small" and a warehouse could be "large".

Thanks for the explanation. I always wondered why some of these high rise projects were considered small construction site.

Thats what I like about Haif. I learn new things all of the time.

Like getting my eyes checked.

• Like 4

Those tenants that went into the Market Square tower for the view from the 40th floor including the infinity pool are going to be disappointed when their view is obstructed by this new apartment tower. Instead of looking out from the infinity pool to the skyline will be looking at a someones apartment window.

Edited by cougarpad
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Permit for foundation work filed on 05/03 

www.cohtora.houstontx.gov/ibi_apps/WFServlet.ibfs?IBIF_webapp=/ibi_apps&IBIC_server=EDASERVE&IBIWF_msgviewer=OFF&IBIAPP_app=soldpermits&IBIF_ex=sold_permit_d&CLICKED_ON=&PN=18081433&PT=13

Project No: 18081433
Date : 2019/05/03 00:00:00
USE : FOUNDATION ONLY FOR FUTURE HI-RISE APART
Owner/Occupant : *BLOCK 42 OWNER LLC
Job Address : 414 MILAM ST 77002
Valuation : $ 4,900,000
Permit Type : 13
FCC Group : Structures Other than Buildings
Buyer : *BLOCK 42 OWNER LLC
Address : 609 MAIN ST 4400 77002
Phone : (713) 237-5607
  • Like 3

My guess is they are just making some room and than bring in heavy equipment to demo the rest.  Too small and low to implode. Job looks like it's going well. It's tough trying to demo a structure so close to another.

• Like 5