Brava: 46-Story Residential High-Rise At 414 Milam St.

brijonmang

• 2 weeks later...
  • The title was changed to The Preston (Block 42) Residential High-Rise: 46-Stories

2-3 (looks like the garage was either 8 or 9 floors) more floors until this thing gets to the residential section. I would say we have 3 weeks to a month until this part is finished. Hopefully after the garage section is finished it's going to speed up dramatically, especially considering how slender the residential section is. 

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

under_constructionA.gif

^^^ must say with absolute certainty, that this particular HINES edifice is being constructed like a FORTRESS.  WOW!  the massive columns, the sheer perfection and clean lines everywhere, unlike anything i have ever witnessed.  simply incredible construction... 

• Like 2

I prefer the current design. Its a more mature version than the previous. I like this idea of a beautiful glass object sitting on the edge of a very pristine "table" of stone. Not all updated designs are "value engineered" from my own experience. The glass on the bottom is the same glass on the tower portion. If VE was what they were preoccupied with then they would have done this throughout the entire building. Probably the most expensive part of this building is the structure. The "twist" and profile they have set up is actually going to be nice to see how they pull off including the illusion they are doing with the glass coming to an edge at the middle of the tower portion. Again if VE was so important then this would have been one of the first things to go. The crown also doesn't look like a VE either, but more of a simplification of the tower form itself. Honestly the top crown in the original has no relation to what is going on in the tower at all. The new design the crown looks more of blend of what is happening throughout. Also we have had the "updated" render for a couple years now? There hasn't been any changes since then that I'm aware of. Anyway, just an an opinion from an industry professional. I could be wrong.

• Like 9